Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Applications increase following Orange Bowl win
Bookmark and Share
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Here's a nice little bonus from WVU's big win over ACC Champ Clemson... 04-cheers
Quote:West Virginia University application rates have increased 30 percent since the Orange Bowl Jan. 4.

The success and exposure WVU gained on a national scale at the Orange Bowl in Miami, Fla., against Clemson University has positively impacted recruitment, said WVU President James P. Clements at a faculty senate meeting held Monday.

"The game was a great opportunity to recruit," Clements said.

Clements said the University has seen a 35 percent increase of hits to the main WVU webpage, and it is still trending in the top 12 on the social media site Twitter.

WVU Provost Michele Wheatly said the University had also seen a 30 percent increase in applications by the end of last week.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 09:18 AM by bitcruncher.)
01-10-2012 09:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
RE: Applications increase following Orange Bowl win
Bill Snyder's tenure at K-State has helped build their overall applications. Athletics aren't everything, but they can certainly be a rallying point for students and alumni. They can provide a source of pride, and the visibility that successful programs bring provides opportunities for the school to publicize itself to non-athletes as well as to prospective athletes.
01-10-2012 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
TCUs applications have increased drastically since the late 90s/early 2000s when TCU football was getting back on the map. Some of it has to do with football, some with better campus facilities overall, and some with the fact that kids in general apply to more schools these days than they used to.
01-10-2012 12:12 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

WVU has a bunch of facility upgrades going at present too...

Major Construction Upgrades Underway at WVU Campuses
Quote:WVU President Jim Clements says the University is in the midst of major construction projects on two campuses.

We have $300-million in projects going on on the Evansdale campus and $250-million going on in Health Sciences at Ruby for a huge expansion. And that is just not happening nationally.”

Clements says while other schools are struggling with finances, WVU is thriving.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 12:50 PM by bitcruncher.)
01-10-2012 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lonestar Lizard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU - UT-Arl.
This past year TCU had 1400 spots open for new students and 14,000 applications. Go figure!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/TCU-Al...68007.html
01-11-2012 07:59 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I think a lot of folks in both fanbases are getting pumped about the move to the Big XII...
01-11-2012 09:30 AM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
I'm looking forward to playing West Virginia... Was really the only match up in the Big East I didn't want to loose and now where in the Big 12 together..

Sweet deal..
01-11-2012 03:54 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

According to rumors, the first game will be in Morgantown next season. But it depends on how WVU's legal situation turns out... 07-coffee3
01-11-2012 04:03 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
(01-11-2012 04:03 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  According to rumors, the first game will be in Morgantown next season. But it depends on how WVU's legal situation turns out... 07-coffee3

Ive heard that to.. Be tall task, but if we catch you early we might be alright..
01-11-2012 07:08 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I doubt it. The offense is coming back basically intact. WVU loses 2 starting on the OL, and gets All-BEast OG Josh Jenkins back from his knee injury last spring. Big Quinton Spain will take over the other OL position, and all the skill people are coming back. So no problemo...

I do wonder about the defense for next season. But I think the offense will be good enough for WVU to outscore anyone until they gel...
01-11-2012 07:48 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
Too early for 2012 predictions?

(Maybe a new thread)
01-12-2012 10:43 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Some early season predictions are already out. You can find them in almost every forum...
01-12-2012 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.