Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Telling Question to Rocket Faithfull
Chugalug Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Former Rocket coach Sabin is coaching in another national championship game... how many really true Rocket fans are rooting, for he, as a past ROCKET coach,..... I only ask .... after losing another coach to the money.
01-04-2012 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Telling Question to Rocket Faithfull
I picked them in the espn.com bowl mania. Bama and LSU are neck and neck. And if Bama could just kick field goals they would have beaten LSU last time. They'll have the chip on their shoulder, trying to prove they are the best in the country(SEC). Good Luck to Sabin and the Tide.
01-04-2012 10:53 PM
Chugalug Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Now lets replace the name Sabin with Beckman... in real time.
Think aboutit.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
01-04-2012 11:02 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
My opinion--the guy was only here for a year. It was a fill-in gig for him. I care as much about his career as he does Toledo.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 09:38 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
01-04-2012 11:18 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
I'm not understanding what you're trying to get at?

Anyhow, to the original question: neither team really has grabbed my interest yet. Might be an in game decision or I might just read a book.

One thing I am getting from watching so many other teams play, I really appreciate how our kids act after making a big play on Offense.
01-04-2012 11:20 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

Saban? Who cares? Dude had a cup of coffee and left. If it were Mizzou I'd have Pinkel's back all day. He was all in for UT for a significant amount of time.
01-05-2012 12:18 AM
Advertisement

GWAMofBlueCrew Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets!
I root for the Rockets. All other coaches are tertiary concerns.
01-05-2012 01:22 AM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

I agree with Toledo Football 1st and Carolina Rocket.

Rockets won the important bowl game of this season as far as I'm concerned. I watch some of the other bowl games but don't much care who wins.
01-05-2012 05:22 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
we lost Saban "to the money"?
01-05-2012 07:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigdatut98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TOLEDO
Nick Saban means nothing to me as a Toledo guy. He was before my time, I had no interest in Rocket athletics or UT while he was here and the only thing I know him as is a "jumper"... yeah he's a great coach, but I could give a flip that he coached at UT one season roughly two decades ago.

LSU is the better team, so that's who I hope wins.

I think it'd be a sham if a team that lost at home to LSU already and didn't win it's conference or division squeaks by in a "National Championship" game to win it all.
01-05-2012 07:26 AM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

(01-05-2012 05:22 AM)cnyrocketfan Wrote:  I agree with Toledo Football 1st and Carolina Rocket.

Rockets won the important bowl game of this season as far as I'm concerned. I watch some of the other bowl games but don't much care who wins.

Though I will be pulling for the Huskies.
01-05-2012 07:28 AM
Advertisement

djsfw Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-05-2012 07:26 AM)bigdatut98 Wrote:  Nick Saban means nothing to me as a Toledo guy. He was before my time, I had no interest in Rocket athletics or UT while he was here and the only thing I know him as is a "jumper"... yeah he's a great coach, but I could give a flip that he coached at UT one season roughly two decades ago.

LSU is the better team, so that's who I hope wins.

I think it'd be a sham if a team that lost at home to LSU already and didn't win it's conference or division squeaks by in a "National Championship" game to win it all.

I think it's a sham that a team that didn't win it's conference or division is playing for the national championship period.
01-05-2012 12:53 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
As a student during the Saban's year. He brought a new "attitude" to the football program. the differance in the play was amazing and you could see it on the field. He started the turnaround of the Toledo Football program into a national program, and not just another MAC bottom dweller. (and then Pinkel continued the climb)
01-05-2012 01:39 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(01-05-2012 01:39 PM)Terry Wrote:  As a student during the Saban's year. He brought a new "attitude" to the football program. the differance in the play was amazing and you could see it on the field. He started the turnaround of the Toledo Football program into a national program, and not just another MAC bottom dweller. (and then Pinkel continued the climb)

Bingo...only played a year for him, but he had the biggest impact on me as a coach. I'll be cheering for him in the NC, just like I did when he was at LSU.
01-05-2012 05:00 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
I'm with you Ryan. Saban was THE MAN!!!!! I've followed him ever since. I knew a few of your teammates. Should have went to a bowl that year (9-2, and MAC Co-Champions) . but the MAC only had 1 bowl tie in, sound familar??? Wasn't it 13-12 loss on the road at Central Michigan with a controverial sideline call at the end that went CMU's way, that gave Central the bowl trip????
01-06-2012 01:33 PM
rockytop Offline
1st String

Roll Tide. St .Nick rules
01-06-2012 07:52 PM
Advertisement

rockytop Offline
1st String

(01-06-2012 01:33 PM)Terry Wrote:  I'm with you Ryan. Saban was THE MAN!!!!! I've followed him ever since. I knew a few of your teammates. Should have went to a bowl that year (9-2, and MAC Co-Champions) . but the MAC only had 1 bowl tie in, sound familar??? Wasn't it 13-12 loss on the road at Central Michigan with a controverial sideline call at the end that went CMU's way, that gave Central the bowl trip????

UT receiver caught a sideline pass, and clearly had both feet in bounds. Zebra blew the call. If we would have had replay then, we win the MAC.
01-06-2012 07:55 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Whatever is less than a blip on the Radar is what I think of Saban's time at UT. I know that the guys on here who played for him speak highly of him and that is fine. However, it is my understand that Nick Saban did not recruit a single player to come to UT. Thus, Pinkel started behind the 8-ball and that is part of the reason that after a couple of years Pinkel's contract wasn't rolled over. Fortunately for UT, Pinkel was able to recruit himself out of the hole that Saban left him.

I have no love for Saban, but I have no love for LSU either. I am rooting for 'Bama because of the legacy of Paul Bear Bryant and the "REAL" Houndstooth "HAT"!!!

Although it would be funny to see the carpetbagger lose a National Championship to a school he left!!! Hmmmm
01-06-2012 09:03 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Go, Saban. Once a Rocket, always a Rocket. That's why I like Flipper. 05-stirthepot
01-06-2012 09:18 PM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(01-06-2012 09:18 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Go, Saban. Once a Rocket, always a Rocket.

I wish everyone felt this way.

Just imagine if every former Rocket gave a little back.

U Toledo will always be my roots
01-07-2012 02:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.