Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Gus ready to play, and if he is, would we
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Is Gus ready to play, and if he is, would we
be willing to take the redshirt off of him? Let's hope it doesn't come to that. But coaches do what they need to do to win now. So if Gus can play at a high level now, most of the season is still ahead of us, plus the tournament, so that is certainly a possibility. It's funny that the area we thought we'd really be strong in this year has become our achilles heel again. I think this is when you might begin to see some four guard lineups. If we lose Will, Courtney, Javes and Marlo, good as they might be in some areas, can't replace WN's scoring. So if we can get by with one inside player for rebounding and defense, there might be times we go with Dre, Chucky, Ben, Taggart or Reggie, and Javes or Marlo, or even Courtney if the opponent doesn't have a real effective big man. It will be interesting to see what our strategy will be without WN.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2012 12:30 PM by outsideualr.)
01-01-2012 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Is Gus ready to play, and if he is, would we
I was thinking further about Gus playing, assuming he's in condition. Many of our opponents throughout the years have had players who aren't eligible for whatever reason who don't start playing until after mid semester. So it wouldn't be out of the question for Gus to step in, if he's ready, to help fill the void left by WN's injury.
01-01-2012 12:38 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Don't waste him at this point. Take our lumps and be ready to go great guns next season.
01-02-2012 10:09 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but with a 2-0 start in the conference race, we have a leg up on potentially winning the whole thing this year with an automatic NIT berth. So I'd have to give some consideration to activating a player who could really help us if he's in top shape. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth wasting his redshirt year.
01-02-2012 11:14 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-02-2012 11:14 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but with a 2-0 start in the conference race, we have a leg up on potentially winning the whole thing this year with an automatic NIT berth. So I'd have to give some consideration to activating a player who could really help us if he's in top shape. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth wasting his redshirt year.

I don't know whether it would be the "right" decision, but from what I know about Gus he would do whatever was asked if he thought it would help the "team".
01-02-2012 11:17 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I have no doubt that he would agree if he thought it would help the team. That's the type of young man he is.
01-02-2012 11:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.