Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Bearcats are establishing themselves
kyucat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
UC Bearcats are establishing themselves
UC is becoming a top school in many areas. President Williams stated that we are a top 25 research University and a billion dollar endowment, UC has over 42,000 students, the 2011 football team has one of the highest GPA's in the BCS, the football team has won 10 games or more four times in the last five years, UC has won three Big East Titles in the last four years.

There not many schools that can say all of the above.
GO CATS
12-31-2011 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

kmcc505 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
RE: UC Bearcats are establishing themselves
Awesome! Nice work. Bearcats rule.
12-31-2011 08:22 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-31-2011 08:21 PM)kyucat Wrote:  UC is becoming a top school in many areas. President Williams stated that we are a top 25 research University and a billion dollar endowment, UC has over 42,000 students, the 2011 football team has one of the highest GPA's in the BCS, the football team has won 10 games or more four times in the last five years, UC has won three Big East Titles in the last four years.

GO CATS

If Cincinnati can continue that, then I think you'd have a nice shot at the B1G. OSU would be your only hurdle.
12-31-2011 09:00 PM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
We will never go to Big 10. OSU isn't just any member of that conference, they are the Texas of that conference. What they say goes and they don't want to share a conference with an in state school. Even with all the just stated things we have going for us we still have a cash poor athletic department with facility problems in fb and BB. FB can be solved by playing at PBS but the other issues aren't as easily solved.
12-31-2011 10:39 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-31-2011 10:39 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  We will never go to Big 10. OSU isn't just any member of that conference, they are the Texas of that conference. What they say goes and they don't want to share a conference with an in state school. Even with all the just stated things we have going for us we still have a cash poor athletic department with facility problems in fb and BB. FB can be solved by playing at PBS but the other issues aren't as easily solved.

Meh, the other schools overpowered Texas to get TCU in. The other B1G schools could do the same.

Nippert badly needs to be expanded. Even to like 40k would be better. It's pretty hard to draw a profit, when you can only have 35k fans.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2011 10:52 PM by OrangeCrush22.)
12-31-2011 10:50 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Cincinnati has done well. Whatever happens with realignment, I hope UConn & SMU remain with Cincinnati in the same conference.

Thanks for the win today - we really needed that one.
12-31-2011 11:07 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
We will never get into the B1G....OSU holds too much power and from a market standpoint, OSU already is in Cincy since it's but 90 miles from Columbus so any way you slice it, it doesn't work or make sense.

I like the New Big East and if we can all make some money, have fun, and raise the collective perception then I'm all for staying in the Big East. Sure would help if ONE of us (anybody) could get into the Top 5 annually and stay there and win a NC one year. Also, having multiple ranked teams, (something we had a few years ago) would help too.
01-01-2012 09:13 AM
Advertisement

BroncoFan78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
Nice win yesterday Bearcats!
01-01-2012 09:46 AM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
(01-01-2012 09:46 AM)BroncoFan78 Wrote:  Nice win yesterday Bearcats!

Congratulations on your bowl victory. Great win for the U of Cincinnati and the Big East.
01-02-2012 11:10 PM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(12-31-2011 09:00 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(12-31-2011 08:21 PM)kyucat Wrote:  UC is becoming a top school in many areas. President Williams stated that we are a top 25 research University and a billion dollar endowment, UC has over 42,000 students, the 2011 football team has one of the highest GPA's in the BCS, the football team has won 10 games or more four times in the last five years, UC has won three Big East Titles in the last four years.

GO CATS

If Cincinnati can continue that, then I think you'd have a nice shot at the B1G. OSU would be your only hurdle.

The way a Purdue friend of mine put it is this: if every D-1 university is judged on a 1-10 scale, then every Big 10 school is an 8, 9, or 10, with the average being around a 9. The only way that the Big 10 would consider expanding is if it improves their average. Thus, the Big 10 will only take a school if it's a 10 (although they would consider a 9 if it helps to lure a 10).

The only 10's left east of the Rockies are Texas, TAMU, Florida, ND, UNC, and Duke (remember, academics count to the B10). UC would have to get to THAT level to be considered for the Big 10.

It's possible, but it's a long ways off. We have been rapidly improving in the academic area over the past 25 years, to the point where we're equal to the bottom 1/3 of Big 10 schools. But alas, the only way the Big 10 would even consider us is if we doubled the size of Nippert and won a couple national titles in football.
01-03-2012 03:41 PM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
it was announced at the bowl UC is the only Conference champ this year to also be tops in Academics for Football.
01-04-2012 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.