2012 football schedule
Bookmark and Share
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: campbell
Exclamation 2012 football schedule
anyone have any info on schedule for next year?
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 12:23 PM by OrangeCamel.)
12-27-2011 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
RE: 2012 football schedule
(12-27-2011 08:15 PM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  anyone have any info on schedule for next year?

Welcome to the board!

Good question as it sounds like we might have lights next year (?). Will we continue the series with ODU and GSU. Will we really play Apprentice again? I'd love to see us play some Big South teams, instead.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 09:25 PM by OrangeCamel.)
12-27-2011 09:24 PM
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

(12-27-2011 09:24 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  
(12-27-2011 08:15 PM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  i hope we move into bigsouth in football aswell. playing some of those teams now would be great. when will some games be announced.
anyone have any info on schedule for next year?

Welcome to the board!

Good question as it sounds like we might have lights next year (?). Will we continue the series with ODU and GSU. Will we really play Apprentice again? I'd love to see us play some Big South teams, instead.
12-27-2011 11:43 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: N/A
(12-27-2011 09:24 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  
(12-27-2011 08:15 PM)campbellbulldog Wrote:  anyone have any info on schedule for next year?

Welcome to the board!

ODU in Buies Creek (4th game of 4) and Apprentice in Norfolk but I would say no Ga State because it was two years.
12-28-2011 02:31 AM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I don't know why we waste our time playing apprentice. Does nothing for the program.

Would be better off to play a money game with a bigger school and help fund the program. Apprentice is a joke.
12-28-2011 06:02 PM
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

(12-28-2011 06:02 PM)camelfan Wrote:  I don't know why we waste our time playing apprentice. Does nothing for the program.

Would be better off to play a money game with a bigger school and help fund the program. Apprentice is a joke.

i agree. play a money game,a couple of big south teams and the conf. schedule
12-28-2011 09:17 PM
Advertisement

Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(12-28-2011 06:02 PM)camelfan Wrote:  I don't know why we waste our time playing apprentice. Does nothing for the program.

Ask JU if playing that money game and three scholarship programs is a good idea. I personally prefer the Dayton school of scheduling. JU got beat up BADLY upfront and really never was the same. Plus no offense to Campbell whom I love but you schedule a money game and two Big South teams a year and 9 out 10 times you go 0-3.

JU got lucky to beat a bad bad Charleston Southern (0-11) team and JU is supposed to be the class of the league.
12-28-2011 09:57 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

We don't have to play three of them. Atlease one would be nice. We gain nothing by beating the heck out of Apprentice.
12-29-2011 03:17 PM
campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

(12-29-2011 03:17 PM)camelfan Wrote:  We don't have to play three of them. Atlease one would be nice. We gain nothing by beating the heck out of Apprentice.

exactly dont play all 3 in one year but i think playing big south teamss is a good idea. we are actually close to most all of them in sagrin(within 10 points) on the rating system. play a couple of them as we will wind up in the big south in football in a coupleof years anyway.
12-29-2011 11:04 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

Agree 100% campbellbulldog

THat is where we are headed eventually and we should play up rather than down each year.

If we are going to play apprentice why not play methodist or a school closer to home and sell a lot more tickets.

We need the money to help build the program. A Big South game or two would help that or having all the seats full would help as well.
12-29-2011 11:27 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(12-29-2011 11:27 PM)camelfan Wrote:  Agree 100% campbellbulldog

THat is where we are headed eventually and we should play up rather than down each year.

If we are going to play apprentice why not play methodist or a school closer to home and sell a lot more tickets.

We need the money to help build the program. A Big South game or two would help that or having all the seats full would help as well.

You do realize that I-AA schools very rarely pay for home games especially the Big South? Heck not all I-A schools pay for games outside of a I-A opponent or two. Even if those schools did pay the money would be only in the range of 15K on the high end.

Also the way I see it Campbell will not be playing Big South football anytime soon. The loss of tuition revenue would be massive (In the millions) and ticket revenue is not enough to overcome that loss.

I say CU is more likely to be PFL for the next decade then not. The program makes waaaaaaay to much money as is for it to change.
12-30-2011 01:34 AM
Advertisement

campbellbulldog Offline
Water Engineer

(12-29-2011 11:27 PM)camelfan Wrote:  Agree 100% campbellbulldog

you are exactly right camelfan!
12-30-2011 11:44 AM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I think it will be closer to 5 to 7 years but what do I know.
12-30-2011 04:02 PM
CU97 Offline
Bench Warmer

as far as the OOC schedule goes, i saw we play at home against UVA wise on 9-8-12. so possibly OOC games against a couple of these?:

UVA Wise 9-8
ODU 9-15
GSU
Apprentice
?

i bet well play Stetson and Mercer along with Charlotte in '13.
01-06-2012 02:02 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(01-06-2012 02:02 PM)CU97 Wrote:  as far as the OOC schedule goes, i saw we play at home against UVA wise on 9-8-12. so possibly OOC games against a couple of these?:

UVA Wise 9-8
ODU 9-15
GSU
Apprentice
?

i bet well play Stetson and Mercer along with Charlotte in '13.

For the second time in this thread...no GSU. Good find on Wise though.
01-06-2012 05:03 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

Hope we play UVA Wise better. They nearly beat us two years ago.
01-07-2012 01:34 PM
Advertisement

wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell U.
I'm still hoping that we replace the Apprentice Shipbuilders with the Stadium Builders out of wherever they are. LOL

We need to stop pretending. If we can't schedule quality opponents we should consider cutting expenses and going D-III. With the quality of the University and education that is received at Campbell we could continue to get good athletes and we would probably become a D-III powerhouse. I HOPE that this never happens, but this program either needs to go "all-in" or they need to consider a different direction. IMO if things remain status-quo, then the 2011 team will be as good as it gets for many years to come.

Go Camels!
01-07-2012 02:25 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(01-07-2012 02:25 PM)wacamel Wrote:  I'm still hoping that we replace the Apprentice Shipbuilders with the Stadium Builders out of wherever they are. LOL

We need to stop pretending. If we can't schedule quality opponents we should consider cutting expenses and going D-III. With the quality of the University and education that is received at Campbell we could continue to get good athletes and we would probably become a D-III powerhouse. I HOPE that this never happens, but this program either needs to go "all-in" or they need to consider a different direction. IMO if things remain status-quo, then the 2011 team will be as good as it gets for many years to come.

Go Camels!

What expenses need cut? The football program makes a TON of money as is. Plus you can't be D3 football and D1 everything else. Essentially D1 Non-scholarship football is D3. Do some research on Dayton's program and you will see what I mean.

Again however Non-scholarship programs make a large amount of money that is why Mercer and Stetson both added!
01-07-2012 09:38 PM
wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell U.
Stat,
You definitely seem to have good knowledge of the program, I certainly don't doubt that. I was referring to cutting travel expenses. Again, I really believe that enough money has to be brought in through tuition and fees of the 100 or so players that CU could complete the stadium and play a OOC schedule that would attract a larger fan base. No disrespect intended, but Va. Wise and Apprentice will not fill the seats at Barker Lane, nor will they encourage better recruits to wear the orange and black. If we can continue to play quality competition like Ga. State and ODU, fine, but I hear ODU will not return to CU. Again, just my opinion.

Go Camels!
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 08:31 PM by wacamel.)
01-09-2012 08:12 PM
Statman101 Offline
2nd String

(01-09-2012 08:12 PM)wacamel Wrote:  Stat,
You definitely seem to have good knowledge of the program, I certainly don't doubt that. I was referring to cutting travel expenses. Again, I really believe that enough money has to be brought in through tuition and fees of the 100 or so players that CU could complete the stadium and play a OOC schedule that would attract a larger fan base. No disrespect intended, but Va. Wise and Apprentice will not fill the seats at Barker Lane, nor will they encourage better recruits to wear the orange and black. If we can continue to play quality competition like Ga. State and ODU, fine, but I hear ODU will not return to CU. Again, just my opinion.

Go Camels!

I believe this to be true and always will. Kids (recruits) very rarely look at the schedule. They look at wins and losses.

Lets assume, however, that a kid does look at a schedule loaded with scholarship non-conference games. Those schools will very rarely travel to Buies Creek, first of all. Second, they don't pay out when you travel to them. Also, if you have more than one scholarship team, the losses mount up (sizeable losses), as do injuries. Jacksonville was never the same after its first three games this season.

It does look like you are correct, however. According to ODU's website they have a home game next season with CU which means they paid a measily amount of money to get that game. So again, getting home games with those types of programs is very tough. Plus playing ODU might not be smart because they are a playoff team and would do nothing but dominate each matchup as we have seen from the past two years. ODU athletes are just that good.

Campbell is very rarely recruiting head to head with scholarship programs of any sort. They get those kids via transfer (i.e. Polk (walk-on at State), Lee Stanley (WCU), Braden Smith (SMU) and others).

Again, I point to Dayton, as the model of scheduling. Play one game at a competitive disadvantage, but with a great game you have a chance to compete (This year and last, CU had two.). One game that is even or slight advantage CU and another where you are totally expected to dominate.

I think sometimes fans like us forget the massive gap that exists between a scholarship athletes and a non-scholarship athlete. Campbell competes more with DII/DIII programs for kids then they will DI programs.
01-10-2012 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.