Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Coach cant Coach..lay off the Blue Kool-Aid
Bookmark and Share
BenCordova67 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
Coach cant Coach..lay off the Blue Kool-Aid
Its plain and simple. No detailed analysis needs to be done. This is no kneejerk reaction. The guy cant coach at this level and Memphis is not a training ground for upstart coaches. Last year, you kool-aid drinkers said they players were "too young". This year I am sure you have some other nut-brained excuse. But the fact is that this team would play better and would be winning more with a coach that knows how to coach at this level. Did you hear him mic-ed up at Louisville? His coaching skills consisted of great sideline advice such as, "C'mon Joe! We need to score points!" We are wasting years trying to see if Josh will ever get it. We were a consensus top ten team in the pre-season, and for good reason. Our guys should be there. But it takes good coaching to get them there. DONT EVEN START BLAMING THE PLAYERS!! They have all proven themsleves in the past and were highly recruited by top universities. How do you expect them to play? They have no leader!!! Even the players are very frustrated with Pastner, as was evidenced in the locker room meeting last night. We might be able to win a few games over the next few weeks because we go back to playing nobody til Feb 4th. But the last few weeks have shown us what it would be like being in a Conference like the Big East. This program has a LONG way to go to get back to the glory days, and I fear we will start losing the great local talent when they realize that the guy in the head coaches office doesnt have a clue when it comes to coaching. Bubble team at best this year. Sad, but true.
12-23-2011 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
RE: Coach cant Coach..lay off the Blue Kool-Aid
BenCordova67 can't write....learn to use paragraphs
12-23-2011 10:34 AM
BenCordova67 Offline
Water Engineer

Nothing here was smack, assss-hole!
12-23-2011 10:43 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
The Tulane mod musta been busy last night

#gorootforlsu
12-23-2011 01:05 PM
MuchLuck Offline
1st String

I Root For: UM
Oops......thought this thread was about UK........nevermind....
12-26-2011 05:05 PM
BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners
Go root for Kentucky!
12-26-2011 07:18 PM
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
(12-23-2011 10:26 AM)BenCordova67 Wrote:  But the fact is that this team would play better and would be winning more with a coach that knows how to coach at this level.

Another coach wouldn't have THIS team, genius.
12-26-2011 07:57 PM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Since the OP obviously knows more about basketball than all the rest of us combined, let's just start a movement to make things right by getting rid of our "lousy" basketball coach.

It's "obvious" that NONE of the players could possibly be at fault for their poor performances thus far this season, right? 03-lmfao
12-27-2011 03:46 PM
playaflygb Offline
Not JARW

I Root For: Hey buddy
...the op isnt the only one that can see a rotten apple before they get eye to eye with it
12-27-2011 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(12-27-2011 03:52 PM)playaflygb Wrote:  ...the op isnt the only one that can see a rotten apple before they get eye to eye with it

The worm in the apple is named Jack
12-28-2011 10:15 AM
jamammy Offline
Heisman

Jack Sebastian?
12-28-2011 02:27 PM
Advertisement

BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners
Sebastian Bach.
12-28-2011 03:07 PM
jamammy Offline
Heisman

#skidmarksrow
12-28-2011 04:53 PM
BenCordova67 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-23-2011 10:26 AM)BenCordova67 Wrote:  Its plain and simple. No detailed analysis needs to be done. This is no kneejerk reaction. The guy cant coach at this level and Memphis is not a training ground for upstart coaches. Last year, you kool-aid drinkers said they players were "too young". This year I am sure you have some other nut-brained excuse. But the fact is that this team would play better and would be winning more with a coach that knows how to coach at this level. Did you hear him mic-ed up at Louisville? His coaching skills consisted of great sideline advice such as, "C'mon Joe! We need to score points!" We are wasting years trying to see if Josh will ever get it. We were a consensus top ten team in the pre-season, and for good reason. Our guys should be there. But it takes good coaching to get them there. DONT EVEN START BLAMING THE PLAYERS!! They have all proven themsleves in the past and were highly recruited by top universities. How do you expect them to play? They have no leader!!! Even the players are very frustrated with Pastner, as was evidenced in the locker room meeting last night. We might be able to win a few games over the next few weeks because we go back to playing nobody til Feb 4th. But the last few weeks have shown us what it would be like being in a Conference like the Big East. This program has a LONG way to go to get back to the glory days, and I fear we will start losing the great local talent when they realize that the guy in the head coaches office doesnt have a clue when it comes to coaching. Bubble team at best this year. Sad, but true.

I hate to say I told you so, but.... COGS
11-13-2014 09:36 AM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
RIP BWJ, jamammy, playafly
11-13-2014 12:31 PM
TigerStrong Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis State
Did those people die? That's so sad.
11-13-2014 01:41 PM
Advertisement

poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
(11-13-2014 01:41 PM)TigerStrong Wrote:  Did those people die? That's so sad.

Pretty sure two of them are still breathing.
11-13-2014 02:54 PM
Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2014 09:36 AM)BenCordova67 Wrote:  
(12-23-2011 10:26 AM)BenCordova67 Wrote:  Its plain and simple. No detailed analysis needs to be done. This is no kneejerk reaction. The guy cant coach at this level and Memphis is not a training ground for upstart coaches. Last year, you kool-aid drinkers said they players were "too young". This year I am sure you have some other nut-brained excuse. But the fact is that this team would play better and would be winning more with a coach that knows how to coach at this level. Did you hear him mic-ed up at Louisville? His coaching skills consisted of great sideline advice such as, "C'mon Joe! We need to score points!" We are wasting years trying to see if Josh will ever get it. We were a consensus top ten team in the pre-season, and for good reason. Our guys should be there. But it takes good coaching to get them there. DONT EVEN START BLAMING THE PLAYERS!! They have all proven themsleves in the past and were highly recruited by top universities. How do you expect them to play? They have no leader!!! Even the players are very frustrated with Pastner, as was evidenced in the locker room meeting last night. We might be able to win a few games over the next few weeks because we go back to playing nobody til Feb 4th. But the last few weeks have shown us what it would be like being in a Conference like the Big East. This program has a LONG way to go to get back to the glory days, and I fear we will start losing the great local talent when they realize that the guy in the head coaches office doesnt have a clue when it comes to coaching. Bubble team at best this year. Sad, but true.

I hate to say I told you so, but.... COGS

Doesn't look like you hate it.....
11-15-2014 09:11 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
The first 4 sentences from Ben are exactly correct.
11-16-2014 11:11 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(11-13-2014 01:41 PM)TigerStrong Wrote:  Did those people die? That's so sad.

Don't be sad. All of them went to heaven.
11-17-2014 03:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.