Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Things could be worse
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Things could be worse
Porter's Loyola team is down at home 47-17 at the half to Depaul. And I don't think Ray Meyer is coaching Depaul anymore.
12-07-2011 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

RE: Things could be worse
I don't see things as bad. I see us improving game to game and having some talent.
12-07-2011 09:38 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(12-07-2011 09:38 PM)insideualr Wrote:  I don't see things as bad. I see us improving game to game and having some talent.

I agree with you. The things that I've seen on our team are encouraging. But I understand that the chances are that we will get our brains beat out, and have an awful record by the time we start conference play. But I'm willing to wait until then before I write this team off.
12-07-2011 11:45 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I believe Real Time RPI predicts us losing every one of our remaining OOC games.
12-07-2011 11:48 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-07-2011 11:48 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I believe Real Time RPI predicts us losing every one of our remaining OOC games.

For once I agree with Realtime.
12-08-2011 12:50 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

And that's sad, isn't it! But what can you do. Try and coach them up. I think we have some pretty good basketball players, but they're not mature enough to know how to win yet. I believe in time, whether it's this season or later, that Taggart, Dillard and WN, and maybe Javes and White, are going to blossom into really good players and with new players coming in each year, we should begin to develop some strength and leadership in our Junior and Senior Classes. If you bring in a Juco, or a transfer, you can't expect the players who are there to accept them as the leader. The players are normally going to resent a newcomer trying to take over the leadership of the team. I think recruiting Freshman and keeping them for four or five years is the answer to our program progressing. I'm not saying not to recruit a Juco, but don't put yourself in position to have to recruit one.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2011 03:47 PM by outsideualr.)
12-08-2011 03:46 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-08-2011 03:46 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  And that's sad, isn't it! But what can you do. Try and coach them up. I think we have some pretty good basketball players, but they're not mature enough to know how to win yet. I believe in time, whether it's this season or later, that Taggart, Dillard and WN, and maybe Javes and White, are going to blossom into really good players and with new players coming in each year, we should begin to develop some strength and leadership in our Junior and Senior Classes. If you bring in a Juco, or a transfer, you can't expect the players who are there to accept them as the leader. The players are normally going to resent a newcomer trying to take over the leadership of the team. I think recruiting Freshman and keeping them for four or five years is the answer to our program progressing. I'm not saying not to recruit a Juco, but don't put yourself in position to have to recruit one.

I'm actually not saying that we won't win a game or two, but if I was laying odds on anyone of those particular games I'd go with our opponent.
12-08-2011 05:12 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm hoping we'll improve enough to win at least one OOC game against D1 competition. Maybe Kentucky will be our lucky night.
12-08-2011 05:28 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(12-08-2011 05:28 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I'm hoping we'll improve enough to win at least one OOC game against D1 competition. Maybe Kentucky will be our lucky night.

My guess is that our best remaining shot for an OOC victory is at La Tech.
12-08-2011 09:23 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
the depressing thing is that
we easily could be 3-10 going into conference play.
12-09-2011 08:04 AM
Advertisement

Jim Tripcony Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UALR TROJANS
RE: the depressing thing is that
(12-09-2011 08:04 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  we easily could be 3-10 going into conference play.

Nothing matters except conference play now. The remainder of OOC schedule is just competitive practice sessions. The better the competition, the better or preparation for conference play, so long as our young players don't get down on themselves. Our veterans know how nicely a season can turn around . . . unless the have VERY SHORT memories
12-09-2011 10:33 AM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2011 10:33 AM)Jim Tripcony Wrote:  
(12-09-2011 08:04 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  we easily could be 3-10 going into conference play.

Nothing matters except conference play now. The remainder of OOC schedule is just competitive practice sessions. The better the competition, the better or preparation for conference play, so long as our young players don't get down on themselves. Our veterans know how nicely a season can turn around . . . unless the have VERY SHORT memories

Agreed. If the team can keep from getting demoralized during the upcoming brutal stretch of road games, they will be stronger for it. Like the old saying goes: "If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger." The problem is of course that there is the possibility that it kills you.
12-09-2011 11:57 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(12-09-2011 11:57 AM)PTJR Wrote:  Agreed. If the team can keep from getting demoralized during the upcoming brutal stretch of road games, they will be stronger for it. Like the old saying goes: "If it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger." The problem is of course that there is the possibility that it kills you.

That's why coaches get paid the big bucks.
12-09-2011 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.