Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nice to be here.....
pollardsvision Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UH
Nice to be here.....
Longtime UH fan here.

Just wanted to say hello and that we are very happy to be a part of your conference.

I know that several members/fans of the Big East are underwhelmed with our addition to your conference, however I think it will benefit both parties in the near future.

Looking forward to creating some new rivalries and making some great road trips to your part of the country.
12-07-2011 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UH Law '97 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UH, Illinois, CMU, CWRU
RE: Nice to be here.....
I too am happy that UH is joining the Big East. Definitely a step up. And most importantly........a chance to have a "big-time" college sports identity INDEPENDENT of UT, aTm, and the rest of the current/former Big 12.
12-07-2011 01:42 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(12-07-2011 01:39 PM)pollardsvision Wrote:  I know that several members/fans of the Big East are underwhelmed with our addition to your conference

Frankly, I've felt the majority of Big East fans have been very supportive of UH. Welcome to the board, Pollardsvision.. You should hang out more.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 01:50 PM by BigEastHomer.)
12-07-2011 01:48 PM
pollardsvision Offline
Water Engineer

(12-07-2011 01:48 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(12-07-2011 01:39 PM)pollardsvision Wrote:  I know that several members/fans of the Big East are underwhelmed with our addition to your conference

Frankly, I've felt the majority of Big East fans have been very supportive of UH. Welcome to the board, Pollardsvision.. You should hang out more.

Yes, it will be nice to talk sports with all our new conference mates.....still holding out a sliver up hope that the change does not have to wait until 2013....wish something could get worked out.
12-07-2011 01:54 PM
Advertisement

dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Welcome and I hope the Big East tag helps you get some high profile basketball recruits so you can resurrect Phi Slamma Jamma.
12-07-2011 01:56 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame

Same here. SmallVoice once said that they circled the wagons and accepted us into the fold amid the realignment talk.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(12-07-2011 01:54 PM)pollardsvision Wrote:  

Yes, it will be nice to talk sports with all our new conference mates.....still holding out a sliver up hope that the change does not have to wait until 2013....wish something could get worked out.

All of our internal boards have discussed this ad nauseum, and it looks like 2013 for UCF. Like you, i'd like to see us in the BE next year.
Advertisement

NittanyKnight Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF/PennState

Good luck Houston against Penn State! If you get blown out by Southern Miss.........well good luck05-stirthepot
12-07-2011 01:58 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Welcome, guys.
12-07-2011 01:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pollardsvision Offline
Water Engineer

(12-07-2011 01:56 PM)dbacard Wrote:  Welcome and I hope the Big East tag helps you get some high profile basketball recruits so you can resurrect Phi Slamma Jamma.

Exactly,

I know we have House(top 15 nation) and Knowles(top 50 nation) committed for next year.

There are some really great basketball players in the Houston area. For the last 20+ years most have gone to play at the high profile schools. It seems like just being affiliated with the Big East will change that dramatically.
12-07-2011 02:00 PM
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
I was on the Houston campus the weekend that the Cougars played Rice and stopped by to watch the Gameday proceedings.

Welcome to the Big East. I will likely be making the trek from Baton Rouge often to watch the Irish play basketball and baseball against the Cougars. Houston is a pretty great all sports addition to the Big East for me.
12-07-2011 02:02 PM
BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
(12-07-2011 02:02 PM)TerryD Wrote:  I was on the Houston campus the weekend that the Cougars played Rice and stopped by to watch the Gameday proceedings.

Welcome to the Big East. I will likely be making the trek from Baton Rouge often to watch the Irish play basketball and baseball against the Cougars. Houston is a pretty great all sports addition to the Big East for me.

Any excuse to escape Baton Rouge is a good one!

But seriously, I loved to head over to Houston for a getaway during my time in BR.
12-07-2011 02:35 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(12-07-2011 02:02 PM)TerryD Wrote:  I was on the Houston campus the weekend that the Cougars played Rice and stopped by to watch the Gameday proceedings.

Thanks. I'm also a Notre Dame fan and I'd love for you guys to finally join us in football. (Please?) (Edit: Put "I love you" which sounded weird. Sorry about that, Terry D.)
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2011 08:19 PM by GeminiCoog.)
12-07-2011 02:57 PM
Advertisement

Red Puma Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: .
Like my fellow Coogs who started this post, I'm looking forward to our days as members of the Big East.
12-07-2011 03:18 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
Glad couple more SWC mates move on up..best of luck to all the new members and the BIG East as a whole.Ill have teams to pull for....
12-07-2011 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.