Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Wannstedt slams Pitt coaches over Sunseri treatment
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
OT: Wannstedt slams Pitt coaches over Sunseri treatment
Slams Pitt coaches for throwing Sunseri under the bus:

Former Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt said he is shocked at the current coaching staff's treatment of quarterback Tino Sunseri and suggested that he should transfer to another school.

"If he was my son, he would be gone," Wannstedt said on Monday, speaking on TribLive Radio. "I would pull him out of there and transfer him."

Read more: Former football coach Dave Wannstedt speaks out about Pitt, Sunseri - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...z1fhuvjBCZ

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...c.facebook
12-05-2011 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosemite Panther Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
RE: OT: Wannstedt slams Pitt coaches over Sunseri treatment
(12-05-2011 06:51 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Slams Pitt coaches for throwing Sunseri under the bus:

Former Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt said he is shocked at the current coaching staff's treatment of quarterback Tino Sunseri and suggested that he should transfer to another school.

"If he was my son, he would be gone," Wannstedt said on Monday, speaking on TribLive Radio. "I would pull him out of there and transfer him."

Read more: Former football coach Dave Wannstedt speaks out about Pitt, Sunseri - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...z1fhuvjBCZ

Maybe it is Wanny's fault that Pitt has no recievers that can gain seperation to help their QB, maybe it is Wanny's fault Pitt's OL performed so poorly, maybe it is Wanny's fault that Pitt has no talent at QB--didn't he recruit all these players or most of them so maybe Wanny should STFU 04-chairshot
and worry about why his Buffalo Bills are sucking 01-wingedeagle

Doesn't anyone remember Wanny as a head coach, he wasn't exactly Amos Alonzo Stagg or Pop Warner or even any other less than adequate coach one wants to name. This is just sour grapes over his firing and it WAS a firing, not a resignation. Go back to Naples Wanny and rest on the beach or in the rocker on your front porch. Should I tell you how I really feel?
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 07:35 PM by Yosemite Panther.)
12-05-2011 07:30 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-05-2011 07:30 PM)Yosemite Panther Wrote:  
(12-05-2011 06:51 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Slams Pitt coaches for throwing Sunseri under the bus:

Maybe it is Wanny's fault that Pitt has no recievers that can gain seperation to help their QB, maybe it is Wanny's fault Pitt's OL performed so poorly, maybe it is Wanny's fault that Pitt has no talent at QB--didn't he recruit all these players or most of them so maybe Wanny should STFU 04-chairshot
and worry about why his Buffalo Bills are sucking 01-wingedeagle

Doesn't anyone remember Wanny as a head coach, he wasn't exactly Amos Alonzo Stagg or Pop Warner or even any other less than adequate coach one wants to name. This is just sour grapes over his firing and it WAS a firing, not a resignation. Go back to Naples Wanny and rest on the beach or in the rocker on your front porch. Should I tell you how I really feel?

Pitt was turned down by the Beefy Bowl:

"Pitt also had interest in the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl ($1.075 million) in St. Petersburg, Fla., because the Panthers have never played in that game. But that bowl has a contract with Conference USA and opted to select Marshall to pair with Florida International. The result is that Pitt will play in the same bowl in two consecutive seasons for the first time."
12-05-2011 07:36 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(12-05-2011 07:36 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Pitt was turned down by the Beefy Bowl:

"Pitt also had interest in the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl ($1.075 million) in St. Petersburg, Fla., because the Panthers have never played in that game. But that bowl has a contract with Conference USA and opted to select Marshall to pair with Florida International. The result is that Pitt will play in the same bowl in two consecutive seasons for the first time."

That'll leave a mark. Pitt was a clear #8 of 8 for bowl travel in the league, and apparently they rate below non-AQ's as well.
12-05-2011 11:29 PM
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
I saw Wannstedt's remarks and was surprised that he would be so outspoken about the issue.
12-06-2011 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

He is extremely hurt about being fired from Pitt. The official word was that he resigned but that was a load of crap.

This is speculation:

He hates Pitt's AD, Steve Pederson who allegedly made him resign. Pederson is an easy guy not to like, so this isn't far fetched (see his firing from Nebraska). He's also probably friends with Sunseri's father, Sal, who is an assistant coach at Alabama. Sal is a former Pitt All American. I think it's safe to say they know each other pretty well and Wannstedt was probably not happy with how much flack Tino has taken since he left.
12-06-2011 01:55 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
(12-05-2011 07:36 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Pitt was turned down by the Beefy Bowl:

I thought that game was C-USA v. Big East? In fact I am positive it is. So wouldn't that mean that they actually chose FIU over Pitt, instead of Marshall?
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 06:00 PM by adcorbett.)
12-06-2011 05:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosemite Panther Offline
Special Teams

(12-06-2011 05:33 PM)adcorbett Wrote:  I thought that game was C_USA v. Big East? In fact I am psoitive it is. So wouldn;t that mean that they actually chose FIU over Pitt, instead of Marshall?

It is BE vs CUSA. The BE didn't have enough bowl eligible teams and the BBVA is ahead of the Beef Bowl. The BE told the Beef we don't have enough teams for you, so the Beef chose immediately FIU to replace the BE. Since the other half of the contract was CUSA, they took Marshall. Pitt tried/wanted to go to the Beef Bowl, but the BE hierarchy (i.e. the Fat F'ing Meatball) told Pitt they were going to BBVA.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 05:42 PM by Yosemite Panther.)
12-06-2011 05:39 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-06-2011 01:55 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  He is extremely hurt about being fired from Pitt. as taken since he left.

Not sure why he would be. He came in promising to restore Pitt to the national glory of the Dorsett/Green/Marino era and utterly failed. And he was given plenty of time to make it happen.

What did he expect, a lifetime job no matter how many times Pitt went 8-4? 01-wingedeagle
12-06-2011 06:49 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

Donators
I like Dave but he is dead wrong here. If Pitt had even average QB play, we'd be playing in the Orange Bowl. Tino has single handedly lost the WVU game, the Cinci game, and the Notre Dame game. Note to Dave, a 22 year old redshirt Junior is not a kid anymore, he's a man. I led kids, 18-19 years olds, in Iraq and they didn't snivel about being shot at, so I am not crying crocodile tears for poor Tino being booed, and called out for his poor play.
12-06-2011 09:23 PM
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

(12-06-2011 06:49 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-06-2011 01:55 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  He is extremely hurt about being fired from Pitt. as taken since he left.

Not sure why he would be. He came in promising to restore Pitt to the national glory of the Dorsett/Green/Marino era and utterly failed. And he was given plenty of time to make it happen.

What did he expect, a lifetime job no matter how many times Pitt went 8-4? 01-wingedeagle

Two things:

1. The sad thing about this is that since the Dorsett/Green/Marino era Wannstedt had put up the best couple of seasons from 2008-2010. Obviously, that's pathetic but it's the truth. 2009 was the first 10 win season for Pitt since the 1980s.

2. When you care about something as much as he cares about Pitt (and I truly believe this), you may not be totally rational about it. You're looking at the records and that's totally rational. I doubt that keeps him from being hurt about being fired, though. Even if he could see the justification for it, I think the hurt would remain.
12-06-2011 09:46 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(12-06-2011 09:23 PM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  I like Dave but he is dead wrong here. If Pitt had even average QB play, we'd be playing in the Orange Bowl. Tino has single handedly lost the WVU game, the Cinci game, and the Notre Dame game. Note to Dave, a 22 year old redshirt Junior is not a kid anymore, he's a man. I led kids, 18-19 years olds, in Iraq and they didn't snivel about being shot at, so I am not crying crocodile tears for poor Tino being booed, and called out for his poor play.

Call me crazy, but I think there are a number of big time CFB coaches that would have been much harder on Tino than TG ever was this season. In fact, I thought TG tried to deflect as much blame from Tino as possible until he just couldn't take Tino not progressing on the field at all. Simple fix is to just put another QB in, right? Not for Pitt, there really was no other QB available for this season either due to a lack of talent, too lazy to learn the system or being suspended at the start of the season so that you had zero shot at even getting a chance to play QB (Gonzalez).
12-06-2011 10:12 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-06-2011 09:46 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  
(12-06-2011 06:49 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

Two things:

1. The sad thing about this is that since the Dorsett/Green/Marino era Wannstedt had put up the best couple of seasons from 2008-2010. Obviously, that's pathetic but it's the truth. 2009 was the first 10 win season for Pitt since the 1980s.

2. When you care about something as much as he cares about Pitt (and I truly believe this), you may not be totally rational about it. You're looking at the records and that's totally rational. I doubt that keeps him from being hurt about being fired, though. Even if he could see the justification for it, I think the hurt would remain.

Good points. 04-cheers
12-07-2011 01:35 AM
Butterfly Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
Eh, I'd put the UC loss on Pitt's Oline, not the quarterback. I'm sorry, but they're just bad.
If anyone's hurting at quarterback it's us.
Damn you WVU!
12-07-2011 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.