Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The importance of three point shooting.
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
The importance of three point shooting.
Just think back to the finals of the tournament last year. True, we wouldn't have won that game had Dre not stolen the ball from Josh White at the end of the game. But even with that, Matt had to hit a three to bring us to within range, and then Solo's miracle three to win the game. I've been harping on this for years, so please forgive me, but until our coaches are comfortable with our kids shooting the three, we'll normally be a mediocre program, because with our system of always looking for a better shot, indecision is created, which is death to a good shooter. If he's always wondering if the coach is going to pull him out of the game if he shoots a particular shot, he can't be an effective shooter. Until that occurs, not much is going to change.01-lauramac2
12-02-2011 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: The importance of three point shooting.
I look for Taggart to be the man with the three soon. At the NSU game in Natchitoches I watched him make 3 after 3 in warm up but in the game his first 2 shots from 3 were Airballs. Then he settled down. This young man can shot it and I look for good things from him real soon.
12-02-2011 04:12 PM
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
Did you know that the leading 3pt shooter, percentage wise, is Courtney Jackson with a .400 (2-5) shooting percentage? He is also shooting .533 FG (24-45)
12-02-2011 05:15 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(12-02-2011 05:15 PM)RBL Wrote:  Did you know that the leading 3pt shooter, percentage wise, is Courtney Jackson with a .400 (2-5) shooting percentage? He is also shooting .533 FG (24-45)

If I were the coaches, I'd have Courtney shooting jump shots for his free throws. There have been successful shooters throughout the years do this. Hal Greer of the Philadelphia 76's was a great player and shot his free throws that way. Courtney has a pretty nice mid range jumper. Maybe that would help him from the free throw line.
12-02-2011 05:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.