Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is the ACC better then the BE? its doubtfull
kyucat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Is the ACC better then the BE? its doubtfull
When you look at the leagues from top to bottom there is one thing that becomes clear. The ACC is really not a very good football league and do not deserve much respect. In fact the Big East is better.
ACC has 7 current teams with records of 7 & 5 or worse. Maryland was 2 & 10, Duke 3 & 9, Boston College 4 & 8, Miami 6 & 6, Wake 6 & 6, North Carolina 7 & 5, NCST 7 & 5.
Plus the teams they invited to join the ACC Pitt and Syracuse one of them will at best be 6 & 6 depending weather Pitt beast Syracuse of visa verse. The loser will wind up 5 & 7. That represents 9 out of the 14 teams in the future ACC with poot records. That is not a great conference in my view
11-27-2011 08:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
RE: Is the ACC better then the BE? its doubtfull
It's not a great conference based on actual on-field performance, however, perception matters in college athletics too. There are a few schools in the ACC who are just waiting to be awoken, namely FSU and Miami.

Anyway, there is really no debate here - the ACC is better than the Big East and it has been for a long while. With the new additions they will also likely become better in basketball. This is just reality. It's a much more desirable league.
11-27-2011 10:24 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
Pitt's "glory days" in football are long gone. Not likely to be rekindled in the ACC, either, even if you think that the ACC is slightly better than the Big East, and that is debatable. Clemson is in the league's championship game on Saturday. Did you see them get manhandled in their last two games? BC, NC State, Maryland, Wake, Miami--these are not good teams. Big East is no powerhouse, but every game is competitive--and unpredictable. ACC? Virginia Tech pretty much wins every year.
11-28-2011 01:48 AM
Ottoman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: syracuse
Please. The BE has one currently ranked team- WVU at 22. The ACC has three ranked teams with VT at #5. Houston can help the BE but if the BE maintained a 22 ranking for the best team, it would be bad. The ACC's best at #5 is good.
11-28-2011 01:56 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Pitt and Cuse are not ranked, so brag some more! 07-coffee3
11-28-2011 01:57 AM
Advertisement

Ottoman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: syracuse
(11-28-2011 01:57 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Pitt and Cuse are not ranked, so brag some more! 07-coffee3

Not bragging, just stating the fact. Pitt and Cuse are also not in the ACC this season. Louisville also not ranked this season BTW.

I didn't start this thread or this topic.

Why you mad bro?
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 02:07 AM by Ottoman.)
11-28-2011 02:06 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

It is not you.
11-28-2011 02:14 AM
BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
What happens when Syracuse and PITT join the ACC?
Both conferences get better.

I'm here all week.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 02:25 AM by BatonRougeEscapee.)
11-28-2011 02:22 AM
kyucat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Will if the ACC is so much better then why did Clemson lose to NCST which got blasted by cincinnati 44 to 14 ? Clemson may will be in the Orange bowl. The perception that the ACC is better is a joke. It is a figment of ESPN Virginia Tech is the only constant. And that is a former BE team.
11-28-2011 03:51 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
ACC isn't good....but as somebody said, they have teams with better perception at the current hour. Although each passing year that fsu/miami suck that perception gets weaker and weaker. BC has sucked since joinging the ACC and they are even further down now on the perception-o-meter. Wake/Duke/UNC/NCST/Maryland/BC have low to no perception in football currently.

Gtech/VTech/Clemson/fsu are the flag bearers right now for the conference in terms of perception with miami fading into the sunset.....

I don't see Pitt/Cuse adding anything to the Gtech/VaTech/Clemson/FSU group so they will be over with the Wake/Duke/UNC/NCST/Maryland/BC group upon joining....so basiclly the ACC picked up two teams to add to the "low to no perceptioin" crowd in their conference...
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 08:24 AM by Bearcats#1.)
11-28-2011 08:23 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(11-28-2011 03:51 AM)kyucat Wrote:  Will if the ACC is so much better then why did Clemson lose to NCST which got blasted by cincinnati 44 to 14 ? Clemson may will be in the Orange bowl. The perception that the ACC is better is a joke. It is a figment of ESPN Virginia Tech is the only constant. And that is a former BE team.

And Cincy got blasted by Tennesee which just finished 5-7...transitive properties is a slippery slope.
11-28-2011 09:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Let me ask you this? If Cincy was offered a slot to the ACC what would you do?
11-28-2011 09:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-27-2011 08:51 PM)kyucat Wrote:  When you look at the leagues from top to bottom there is one thing that becomes clear. The ACC is really not a very good football league and do not deserve much respect. In fact the Big East is better.

According to my BCS Conference Comparison (which we all know is never wrong, LOL), the ACC is better right now, but only marginally so. The ACC and Big East are #5 and #6 among the AQ conferences, both have been really bad this year.
11-28-2011 09:46 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(11-28-2011 09:07 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  Let me ask you this? If Cincy was offered a slot to the ACC what would you do?

I would if it:

a: kept us at the big boy table
b: paid UC more money than we will make in the revamped BE

no question asked

I don't fault Pitt/Cuse for going....especially with the question marks about the BE future, the fact our commish is an idiot puppet of the catholic bball schools etc etc etc. I would have jumped too had the offer came my way. Anybody in the conference who says otherwise is either stupid or lying.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011 09:55 AM by Bearcats#1.)
11-28-2011 09:54 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Mark, any of the five remaining Big East schools would take an ACC offered, if asked. Just like Louisville, Rutgers or Cincinnati would take a Big 12 offer. 04-cheers
11-28-2011 12:14 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
And UL beat UK which beat Tenn but lost to UC who beat NC st that beat Clemson that plays WVU that lost to UL .
12-05-2011 07:57 PM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(11-28-2011 12:14 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Mark, any of the five remaining Big East schools would take an ACC offered, if asked. Just like Louisville, Rutgers or Cincinnati would take a Big 12 offer. 04-cheers

And how many ACC or Big 12 schools would take an offer from the SEC or Big 10? All of them, don't kid yourself.
12-07-2011 11:42 AM
BSU Cam Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: BSU
Boise State 11-1
Houston 12-1
Cincinati 9-3
San Diego St 8-4
Rutgers 8-4
SMU 7-5
Louisville 7-5
South Florida 5-7
Central Florida 5-7
Uconn 5-7

Clemson 10-3
V-tech 11-2
Florida St 8-4
Virginia 8-4
Georgia Tech 8-4
North Carolina 7-5
NC State 7-5
Pitt 6-6
Wake Forest 6-6
Miami 6-6
Syracuse 5-7
Boston College 4-8
Duke 3-9
Maryland 2-10
12-09-2011 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.