Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN: BYU ends negotiations with the Big East
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
ESPN: BYU ends negotiations with the Big East
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 08:11 PM by BeagleUSM.)
11-22-2011 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I Root For: USF
RE: ESPN: BYU ends negotiations with the Big East
Just wanted to bump this so we actually have FIVE threads on this at the top of the board.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 10:23 PM by The Brown Bull.)
11-22-2011 10:23 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
According to CBS sports, the BE ended negotiations with BYU, not the other way around. I'm sure this message was titled this to belittle the BE.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.co...2/33459898

The Big East has decided "to move on" and is no longer pursuing BYU as a conference member, college football industry sources told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

Earlier Tuesday morning, sources previously had told CBSSports.com that unless BYU decided to relinquish its television rights for its home football games, the Cougars would not join the Big East. The Cougars would not do so.

The Big East has moved on," a source said about the prospect of adding BYU.
11-22-2011 10:28 PM
monty Offline

I Root For: SDSU
Did you know the USA landed on the moon?
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 10:38 PM by monty.)
11-22-2011 10:38 PM
Advertisement

Eagleweiser Offline
1st String

(11-22-2011 10:28 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  According to CBS sports, the BE ended negotiations with BYU, not the other way around. I'm sure this message was titled this to belittle the BE.

The Big East has decided "to move on" and is no longer pursuing BYU as a conference member, college football industry sources told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

Earlier Tuesday morning, sources previously had told CBSSports.com that unless BYU decided to relinquish its television rights for its home football games, the Cougars would not join the Big East. The Cougars would not do so.

I think the big east does a good enough job belittling itself to worry about posts doing it for them.
11-23-2011 08:53 AM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(11-23-2011 08:53 AM)Eagleweiser Wrote:  
(11-22-2011 10:28 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  According to CBS sports, the BE ended negotiations with BYU, not the other way around. I'm sure this message was titled this to belittle the BE.

I think the big east does a good enough job belittling itself to worry about posts doing it for them.

And you and every other USM Eagle would eat spaghetti of Marinittos (SP?) naked body to get in the Big East.
11-23-2011 01:25 PM
Eagleweiser Offline
1st String

Uh, NO, not really LOL. Would we enjoy being in the Beast, yes, if it were a league that made sense geographically and was a league that had stability and a GUARANTEED AQ bid going forward. None of that is a certain as the remaining schools that play football are actively seeking a life boat while publicly saying how they can't wait for the unity convention to sing Kum Ba Ya with all the prospective new members and have a group hug for the beast going onward.

No doubt any Southern Miss fan would love the basketball side of things, however since the days of the Metro and early CUSA days, we bring nothing to the table there, not afraid to call it as it is.

And now if it was Jenn Brown with the spaghetti, yeah, Marianna's, nah, I will leave that to the fans in the Northeast, they are the ones that have to live with his leadership and vision.
11-23-2011 01:32 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(11-23-2011 01:32 PM)Eagleweiser Wrote:  Uh, NO, not really LOL. Would we enjoy being in the Beast, yes, if it were a league that made sense geographically and was a league that had stability and a GUARANTEED AQ bid going forward. None of that is a certain as the remaining schools that play football are actively seeking a life boat while publicly saying how they can't wait for the unity convention to sing Kum Ba Ya with all the prospective new members and have a group hug for the beast going onward.

No doubt any Southern Miss fan would love the basketball side of things, however since the days of the Metro and early CUSA days, we bring nothing to the table there, not afraid to call it as it is.

And now if it was Jenn Brown with the spaghetti, yeah, Marianna's, nah, I will leave that to the fans in the Northeast, they are the ones that have to live with his leadership and vision.

More money and a better chance at a better bowl in the Big East than CUSA. No matter how bad the BEast looks it's still better reputation wise than the CUSA. Especially after we take three teams from you guys.
11-23-2011 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.