Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BYU Not A Done Deal--Per the Desert News/Salt Lake Tribune
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
BYU Not A Done Deal--Per the Desert News/Salt Lake Tribune
Back to the bargaining table as this report says BYU has rejected the offer that the Big East thought they had an agreement on (or the BE rejected BYU, depending on what side of the article you think is correct). The Salt Lake Tribune is reporting generally the same thing.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/70020...deals.html

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/529...n.html.csp
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 02:24 AM by Attackcoog.)
11-21-2011 10:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
RE: BYU Not A Done Deal--Per the Desert News
Surprise!
11-21-2011 10:32 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Maybe this is a sign that the Big East should stay as far away from BYU. JMO
11-21-2011 10:37 PM
Aztecpride Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The Aztecs
(11-21-2011 10:37 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Maybe this is a sign that the Big East should stay as far away from BYU. JMO

That's exactly what this means. SDSU has been in conferences with BYU for decades, it's always about them.

According to this article, everyone else has agreed SDSU is a good backup plan, we're ready to go, and with no baggage and headaches.
11-21-2011 10:43 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(11-21-2011 10:43 PM)Aztecpride Wrote:  
(11-21-2011 10:37 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Maybe this is a sign that the Big East should stay as far away from BYU. JMO

That's exactly what this means. SDSU has been in conferences with BYU for decades, it's always about them.

According to this article, everyone else has agreed SDSU is a good backup plan, we're ready to go, and with no baggage and headaches.

Excellent. Lets trade a winning team with a national fanbase for a conference dormat. Of course SDSU is ready to go, why wouldnt they be? Ill bet New Mexico is ready to go too. Surely there are better alternatives.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 10:53 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-21-2011 10:47 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF, UofH, AAC!
Well if you look at who we are adding, we're clearly going for big schools/big markets and thinking long term, not who was hot last weekend. I hate the idea of going to the pacific time zone, but if Boise wants a team out west, why not...
11-21-2011 10:58 PM
Advertisement

Aztecpride Offline
Water Engineer

(11-21-2011 10:58 PM)Bull Wrote:  Well if you look at who we are adding, we're clearly going for big schools/big markets and thinking long term, not who was hot last weekend. I hate the idea of going to the pacific time zone, but if Boise wants a team out west, why not...

Without the headaches.
11-21-2011 11:02 PM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
(11-21-2011 10:58 PM)Bull Wrote:  Well if you look at who we are adding, we're clearly going for big schools/big markets and thinking long term, not who wasv hot last weekend. I hate the idea of going to the pacific time zone, but if Boise wants a team out west, why not...

Because its an unstable long term model?
11-21-2011 11:05 PM
Aztecpride Offline
Water Engineer

(11-21-2011 10:47 PM)attackfrog Wrote:  

Excellent. Lets trade a winning team with a national fanbase for a conference dormat. Of course SDSU is ready to go, why wouldnt they be? Ill bet New Mexico is ready to go too. Surely there are better alternatives.

So awesome. A fan from a school that's never finished in the BCS top 25, is the conscience of a conference they haven't even joined yet. I hope the rest of the Big East fans realize how fortunate they are.

You don't want us in the same in te same division. We're a school on the rise, you guys have a good QB.
11-21-2011 11:07 PM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
SDSU in the Big East... that's nuts. I'm not sure which side is making the bigger mistake, SDSU which will be playing "western division" games in Texas and Florida or the Big East which will be adding a perennial loser from an NFL city.
11-21-2011 11:07 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
hahahahhahaha San Diego State as a trade off for BYf'n U..... thats like going from TCU to UTSA...... come on guys... get this over with already please
11-21-2011 11:08 PM
Advertisement

canewton Offline
All American

(11-21-2011 11:07 PM)Aztecpride Wrote:  

So awesome. A fan from a school that's never finished in the BCS top 25, is the conscience of a conference they haven't even joined yet. I hope the rest of the Big East fans realize how fortunate they are.

You don't want us in the same in te same division. We're a school on the rise, you guys have a good QB.

I don't really agree with with AttackFrog, and if this is how BYU is going to be then I think we should walk away (Enjoy playing New Mexico State and Idaho in November dumbasses). I wouldn't mind SDSU.

That said, we've always had good quarterbacks. We've been a school on the rise for a while.
11-21-2011 11:16 PM
Attackcoog Offline

On the rise? Is that what you call Saturday night? Look, I have nothing against SDSU. I just see a number of programs that have proven records of sustained success that I believe are more deserving. For instance, Fresno (despite this years record) or Nevada appear to be much more consistant programs. By the way, Case was the replacement for some guy named Kevin Kolb. We make quarterbacks here.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 11:43 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-21-2011 11:18 PM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
Dick Harmon, who wrote the article, says on Twitter:

Source close to BE: BYU-BE will exhaust all possibilities before killing the deal and moving on to SDSU.
11-21-2011 11:31 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans

Dude, you are so funny... 03-lmfao
11-21-2011 11:32 PM
splitstud Offline
1st String

I Root For: Illuminati, BCS

I would gladly enter a conference with SDSU rather than BYU
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 11:51 PM by splitstud.)
11-21-2011 11:51 PM
Advertisement

splitstud Offline
1st String

(11-21-2011 11:05 PM)Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:  
(11-21-2011 10:58 PM)Bull Wrote:  Well if you look at who we are adding, we're clearly going for big schools/big markets and thinking long term, not who wasv hot last weekend. I hate the idea of going to the pacific time zone, but if Boise wants a team out west, why not...

Because its an unstable long term model?

Says who?
11-21-2011 11:52 PM
splitstud Offline
1st String

We've had our share of success - including a number of top 10 finishes in more than one sport bucko. That said, I completely disagree with my Coog buddy and would be more than happy to be in a conference with SDSU.
11-21-2011 11:53 PM
splitstud Offline
1st String

(11-21-2011 11:07 PM)HawaiiMongoose Wrote:  SDSU in the Big East... that's nuts. I'm not sure which side is making the bigger mistake, SDSU which will be playing "western division" games in Texas and Florida or the Big East which will be adding a perennial loser from an NFL city.

And you won't have to worry about it either
11-21-2011 11:54 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
I think the BE should just write off BYU. They are totally full of themselves. You don't need them and their baggage. Take Boise and SDSU, New Mexico, and/or Fresno State and call it...
11-22-2011 12:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.