Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
WVUs Pac Man Jones was selected 6th overall...
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

[Image: ap24450wlu_VA_TECH_W__45T03.jpg]

gave WVU and the BE some great publicity by appearing on Best Damn sports show and Jim Rome is burning....congrats Pac Man

Jackson
04-23-2005 12:44 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

I didn't know that there were student-athletes good enough to be selected in the first round of the NFL draft from the Big East. Or so the folks at ESPN and ABC would lead you to believe.

Congrats West Virginia. The Big East will be just fine in football. Louisville, West Virginia, and Pitt will have to be our bellcows for a couple of years until teams like UC and South Florida catch up, but its going to be a great all-sports league.
04-23-2005 01:16 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

And Chris Henry goes in Rd #3 to the Bengals

Jackson

By Mickey Furfari, For The Register-Herald

MORGANTOWN - Chris Henry of West Virginia was selected by Cincinnati in the third round of the 2005 National Football League draft Saturday night.

The 6-4, 197-pound wide receiver was the 19th pick of the round and the 83d overall selection as the opening day of the draft wound up. The draft will resume this afternoon with four more rounds.

Henry was the second Mountaineer to be chosen. Cornerback/kick returner Adam "Pacman" Jones was taken in the first round by the Tennessee Titans as the No. 6 overall selection.

Both players passed up a senior year of eligibility to make themselves available for the 2005 draft

Like Jones, Henry was named to the all-Big East first team in 2004. He had been voted Big East rookie of the year in 2003.

He was the Mountaineers' leading receiver last season with 52 catches for 872 yards and 12 touchdowns. He averaged 16.8 yards per reception. In 2003, he caught 41 passes for 1,006 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Henry did not participate in football as a freshman, concentrating on academics.
04-24-2005 06:19 AM
Advertisement

CardFANATIC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL, Neb,OM, EWU

Eric Shelton went in the second round to Carolina.
04-24-2005 10:29 AM
CardFan636 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: "TBCSTIA"

Stefan Lefors and Kerry Rhodes in the 4th round to Carolina and the Jets, respectively. I expect to see McCune come off the board shortly.
04-24-2005 11:41 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.