Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Posit game emu
Bookmark and Share
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I Root For: UALR
Posit game emu
I don't think we are at a spot yet to create offense or rebound. I think it will come but it is going to be a while.
11-18-2011 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

In looking at the EMU stats, it's obvious that
the Seniors are playing well, but the younger guys need to improve a lot offensively. Chucky had 8 points at the half and ended up with 8 points. I don't know what happened in the second half.

Courtney played great again. And he was 2-4 from the free throw line. WN had a bad shooting night. 1-7 won't get it. But I agree with LR Trojan that if his stamina permits, he needs to be playing more minutes. At the rate Javes is going, he could be the all time shot block leader for UALR if he plays four seasons. Another three tonight.

We obviously don't have a Solo or Matt shooting 3's. I'm not sure we have a true outside shooter. Hopefully the young guys, Dillard and Lockhart, given more time, will turn out to fill that role. This wasn't a great performance, but we knew we'd struggle early, and we're playing a pretty good schedule, so I still believe this is one of most talented squads we've ever had. Speaking of shooting guards, Lawton was rated the #28 shooting guard coming out of high school, so he obviously has the talent.

Another flaw that seemed evident tonight, we weren't getting enough assists. Not seeing the game, I can't really know what happened. Maybe there were good passes and we missed a lot of shots. It ain't getting easier, playing Michigan State Sunday. But we should be toughened up for conference play when it comes along.

One very bright spot is Tramar. He's developed into a real warrior.
He and Courtney are true blue collar players, which is one of the best compliments I can give them. If Courtney keeps playing the way he's playing, WN is going to have a hard time getting a lot of minutes.
I would love to see a great performance against Michigan State, but expecting a win would be a little too much to hope for. But we can always dream, can't we?04-cheers
11-19-2011 12:01 AM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
RE: In looking at the EMU stats, it's obvious that
(11-19-2011 12:01 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  I would love to see a great performance against Michigan State, but expecting a win would be a little too much to hope for. But we can always dream, can't we?04-cheers

"Expect a Miracle" --ORU baseline inscription
11-19-2011 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

RE: Posit game emu
After reading Jeff blog, the ume team played zone. We suck at zone offense. I bet teams like nw st will play zone against us until we can shoot them out of it.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2011 08:35 AM by insideualr.)
11-19-2011 08:35 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
RE: In looking at the EMU stats, it's obvious that
Courtney played great again.
He is shooting 61% for the year. Hard to argue with that, whatever his FT deficiencies are. And, he is 2 of 4 from arc (imagine that!)

At the rate Javes is going, he could be the all time shot block leader for UALR if he plays four seasons. Another three tonight.
Imagine what he will be like when he is a senior.

Another flaw that seemed evident tonight, we weren't getting enough assists.
10 assists against 21 turnovers. Won't win many games like that.

One very bright spot is Tramar. He's developed into a real warrior. He and Courtney are true blue collar players, which is one of the best compliments I can give them.
Same for me. He just gets after it! My kind of player. A real warrior.
11-19-2011 10:13 AM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Thoughts from the stats
We continue to shoot FTs very well as a team. But we cannot win with that many turnovers.

You can win when you shoot poorly overall, or from the arc, but it is hard to win when you shoot poorly both places.
11-19-2011 10:16 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

It said they had 682 in attendance. We aren't the only ones having problems.
11-19-2011 10:16 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2011 10:16 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  It said they had 682 in attendance. We aren't the only ones having problems.

How can we have that many turnovers against a zone? It's going to be tough if he we can't find a shooter that forces teams out of a zone defense. Does Matt have a younger brother?
11-19-2011 10:42 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Teams have played a 2- 3 against us for the most part. You need some 3 point shooting but ball movement and attacking the gaps works. Wn should make a living in the circle while facing a zone. The 2 guards can stroke from the arc.

There are tools on this team to shoot people out of a zone. Steve's teams have had issues over the years against zone and he is going to have to coach them up to figure this out.
11-19-2011 10:56 AM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

There are a lot of kinks to get worked out of this team. It will take some time. Too many first year players for us not to have some lapses and growing pains.
11-19-2011 12:39 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2011 10:42 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(11-19-2011 10:16 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  It said they had 682 in attendance. We aren't the only ones having problems.

How can we have that many turnovers against a zone? It's going to be tough if he we can't find a shooter that forces teams out of a zone defense. Does Matt have a younger brother?

No. But he has a sister who plays. But she doesn't shoot like Matt, and is way to pretty to pass off as a guy if she could. She's a cheerleader as well as a basketball player. But seriously, we do have to find a zone buster.
11-20-2011 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.