UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kaleidoscope: Future of UAB football
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Kaleidoscope: Future of UAB football
I was gonna send this idiot an email of the article's problems, but there are so many inaccuracies and plain STUPID statements that I got tired of typing and just gave up. Does this guy even follow college athletics? Conference-USA? UAB?

http://studentmedia.uab.edu/2011/11/futu...-football/

Idiot!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 09:36 AM by WesternBlazer.)
11-15-2011 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

RE: Kaleidoscope: Future of UAB football
"Seahorn spoke with such eloquence and passion that I almost missed the power of his statements."

Spoke with such eloquence? Huh? Where did that come from?

I don't think I have ever used that word.

You are talking to a football player here, not an artist or an actor.

It is ok to say that he was very passionate, but eloquent?
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 09:11 AM by the_blazerman.)
11-15-2011 09:11 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
This is exactly what does NOT need to be written. Someone needs to go talk to this boy.
11-15-2011 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Good night! I just read some more of the article.

What the heck is he talking about?

Did the boy get a Paul Bryant Jr scholarship?
11-15-2011 09:17 AM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2011 09:15 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  This is exactly what does NOT need to be written. Someone needs to go talk to this boy.

Maybe we need to flood his article with comments.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 09:30 AM by Marathon Blazer.)
11-15-2011 09:24 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(11-15-2011 09:01 AM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  I was gonna send this idiot and email the article's problems, but there are so many inaccuracies and plain STUPID statements that I got tired typing and just gave up. Does this guy even follow college athletics? Conference-USA? UAB?

http://studentmedia.uab.edu/2011/11/futu...-football/

Idiot!!!!!

This kid is the Sports Editor? He wants to see UAB playing football, basketball, and soccer in the OVC or SoCon? F*** THAT!

The Kaleidoscope has had some good journalists go through that Sports Editor position. Eric, you aren't one of them.
11-15-2011 09:28 AM
Advertisement

BlazerFire Offline
1st String

Got one word... No, two. Frickin idiot.
11-15-2011 10:26 AM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
I posted my scathing review of this absurd piece of journalism.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 11:23 AM by Uncle BLAZER.)
11-15-2011 10:32 AM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-15-2011 10:32 AM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  I posting my scathing review of this absurd piece of journalism.

Proofread your review first.

03-lmfao
11-15-2011 11:12 AM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

(11-15-2011 11:12 AM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(11-15-2011 10:32 AM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  I posting my scathing review of this absurd piece of journalism.

Proofread your review first.

03-lmfao

Dammit! I hate when I do that.
Whatever...
11-15-2011 11:22 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-15-2011 10:32 AM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  I posted my scathing review of this absurd piece of journalism.

I don't know what you wrote to him, but I doubt that I could match your intensity. I think I have met Eric in Blazeradio a couple of times, when (or if - he's sees this feedback, he's likely to skip town) I see him again, he and I will have a spirited dialogue about his "opinion piece."
11-15-2011 05:59 PM
Advertisement

Homewood_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB/UA
Is there not a senior editor for this paper? I used to never see such poorly written articles in the Kaleidoscope.
11-15-2011 06:51 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I'm afraid I had to slap him around a bit. I posted: "There an old saying, 'with friends like that you don't need enemies'. There is now a corollary, "with a Sport Editor of the Kaleidoscope like this one, we don't need to wait until the BOT destroys our athletic program'. Roberts is obviously too ignorant to realize that if we don't field a football team at the highest level, we can’t remain in a conference which allows the remainder of our programs, including basketball, to remain relevant. Such ignorance is inexcusable in his postion. Eric should resign now."
11-15-2011 07:04 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I saw on Joey Kennedy's chat today where some people think that tuition would be raised due to the new OCS.

How do these rumors get started & does anyone really believe in that crap?

I wonder if it was announced that student fees would be reduced if you would have everybody jumping on board?

I bet deep down, support for other programs may be the real reason for these rumors.
11-15-2011 07:11 PM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

Eric's response to my emailing him the link to the article from The Crimson & White.

Thank you for the link. I did see the article. I will not defend myself, because I do believe what I wrote. I have a lot of fans and now more enemies that I thought existed. I do want to see UAB football succeed, and I have done much study on the program. I want to see the Stadium. I have been part of the protests, I have given money and I call the State Legislature at least once a week. I have called numerous people. I have personally spoken with Robert Bentley. I also work for the National Guard, and before coming back to UAB, I worked in Montgomery as an aid for the Adjunct General. I understand UAB fans passions, because I have it. I have not missed a football or soccer game. I have sat in there and watched the volleyball team. I went out and watched the golf team during the Pate Classic. I promise you, I care. Is UA unethical absolutely. I agree. Do they have zero ethical standards, yes. My main concern as this battle begins and I am behind it 100 %. We continue to keep that status quo, say ten years we finish the battle and get our freedom, we get our stadium, our true voice, but the budget continues to shrink. The jury is out on UAB, I spoke with Mike Anderson and he said it was a battle. I have spoke with others off the record. We could loose our successful programs over a program that could dominate FCS or continue to fight for a .500 record. To casual fans and residents of Birmingham I am smart, but to die hard UAB fans I am stupid and ignorant. Which, I consider myself I pretty die hard fan, so I guess I get what I bargained for, Thank you for support.

Eric Roberts
11-16-2011 03:05 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Quote: I worked in Montgomery as an aid for the Adjunct General.

Good God, he really is illiterate.
11-16-2011 03:07 PM
Advertisement

BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
He should have proofread his response to you.
11-16-2011 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazingGoat Away
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Quote: ...to die hard UAB fans I am stupid and ignorant.... I consider myself I (sic) pretty die hard fan

Eric Roberts

So he admits he is "stupid and ignorant".
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2011 03:14 PM by BlazingGoat.)
11-16-2011 03:14 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

His failure is to see the $$ generating difference between the FBS schools and those in the Georgia Southern , etc sphere. UAB is , and should continue, to play in the highest levels of Intercollegiate Sports Conferences that we can attain. There should be no backtracking.
11-16-2011 05:43 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Well, guess who I got to meet and chat with up front before the forum took place at Heritage Hall?

Yep, the one, the only, Eric Roberts himself. I told him how much I agreed with his opinion piece, except for the part of the Blazers dropping down to FCS just for the sake of getting an on campus stadium, in fact, he didn't garner much support for that (brought back memories of the "Buy or Sell" thread on this very subject I presented here and got fricasseed for, I even told him about that, so I couldn't be hard on him at all, turned out to be a very pleasant and soft-spoken young man, that loves this school and its' sports teams very much) when he presented it to the crowd on hand, which was quite large, I must say, I shall elaborate further on my experience yesterday evening in the thread here asking about how this event went over.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2011 06:28 PM by Matrix.)
11-16-2011 06:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.