Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Auburn blowout thread
Bookmark and Share
Mike_Hunt Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Auburn blowout thread
They played hard but were just outmatched. Auburn is bigger, more talented and more experienced. At least Spencer played better and a 27 point margin isn't too bad for a loss to an SEC school.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2011 05:34 PM by Mike_Hunt.)
11-14-2011 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hooterdome Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: KSU
RE: Auburn blowout thread
Mike: you just trying to get a head start with the prediction? Pretty funny if it ends up being close to right. Owls have a tough start, said that before. They have a couple "winnable" games, a few obvious losses, and a couple that they might be able to sneak out of there with a win.

Vs. Auburn, it will depend on how banged up they are to withstand another physical game after only a day of rest. I'm not saying they'll win, but if they feel decent, they could make a game of it. I just want to see progress.....and maybe break 40 points would be nice!
11-14-2011 05:53 PM
Owlnation Offline
Water Engineer

unfortunately i do not see the owls defense turning around from its awful display against Wisconsin in just two days... but there is no way in hell our offense will be that bad again tonight against a below average sec opponent. I think we have to have an offensive explosion to win but i have to agree with Mike we play hard but lose by about 20 :(
11-14-2011 05:57 PM
Hooterdome Offline
Bench Warmer

@ Mike: nah, I'm just new and rational. Thought it was optimistically prophetic. Having not seen Auburn play in a couple of years, the fact that they are picked 10th in SEC, does give a chance of the upset, but I'm not betting the game......wait, what's the line?!? Auburn -48? I'll take the Owls....03-nutkick
11-14-2011 07:40 PM
ilm2011 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kennesaw
Dixon on fire! 0-10 FG in the first half!! Lay off the weed spencer, get a haircut, go to class and just leave...
11-14-2011 08:57 PM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

only down 9 at the half, but the stat that concerns me is that we're shooting an abysmal 7-27 (.259). We are a horrible shooting team.
11-14-2011 09:01 PM
Advertisement

Owlnation Offline
Water Engineer

(11-14-2011 09:17 PM)Mike_Hunt Wrote:  I'm watching now and Dixon blows

That is an understatement... hasnt made a shot and i feel like hes turned the ball over at least a million times. He needs to be benched
11-14-2011 09:20 PM
ilm2011 Offline
Water Engineer

Did Dixon sell his soul to have such a good game vs GT last year? Im really starting to wonder, because hes been atrocious ever since.
11-14-2011 09:22 PM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

It will be interesting to see what the reason is for Markeith not playing. I haven't heard of an injury.
11-14-2011 09:58 PM
ilm2011 Offline
Water Engineer

Fans chanting "haircut" when Dixon shoots FTs. Glad im not the only one who thinks he looks nappy with that thing.
11-14-2011 09:58 PM
Hooterdome Offline
Bench Warmer

@ Mike: Osheman comment just made me laugh out loud!

Love is much more under control than Spencer. Spencer looks like he is in love w/his own shot......and he likes it a lot. He's just not quick enough to create his own shot and doesn't have a quick enough release to boot. The team is fatigued, which is to be expected. Little movement on offense and sans Timmy Hardaway @ point, you can't score like that.

Give them a little credit, they didn't quit. Threat of walking back to Kennesaw will make you keep playing hard for sure.
11-14-2011 10:02 PM
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

One interesting note after looking at the game log. Auburn made only 4 baskets that weren't layups or three pointers. That is not encouraging. It is obvious that we need to get better defensively, but that is a telling statistic.
11-14-2011 10:07 PM
Hooterdome Offline
Bench Warmer

Zone and tired legs will allow layups and uncontested 3's. Anyone find out why Cummings didn't play yet? Did he make the trip?

Kept it under 20......Mike: how much you lose on the game?!? 04-jawdrop
11-14-2011 10:09 PM
Hooterdome Offline
Bench Warmer

Depends on how good/not good some of the conference teams are, but total at 5 games would be a hard bet. They'll be better by January. Love looks like he could be a player, doesn't seem intimidated. Unfortunately, they need someone that can knock down shots when open...
11-14-2011 11:29 PM
jjack Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: asun
U are very funny mike hunt very
11-15-2011 12:13 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

Whats with all the hate and making fun of our own players? they played hard, clearly improved and this was without our best player. Saying something else positive, I'm liking how Preston is running the team.
11-15-2011 10:12 AM
Advertisement

kelti33 Offline
Water Engineer

According to the AJC, Markieth is suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/ksus-cummings-...27067.html

I am surprised no one has mentioned the fact that what if Cummings was playing? Would we have had a better chance at winning? I know some feel that Cummings kills the offense, but if you look at the article I posted in the Wisconsin thread, Bo Ryan put a lot of effort into stopping Cummings. This could lead to others being open and allow for more open shots, we just have to knock them down. Just curious if others felt the same way?
11-15-2011 12:17 PM
Hooterdome Offline
Bench Warmer

Have to wait and see what he actually did before I pass judgement. Could've been something small that the coaches felt they needed to send a message to the whole team.

It's going to be a tough transition. The former offense was slow it down and running set plays. This is much more of a ball movement, moving without the ball, pass and cut offense. 2 completely different styles. 1 thing I did notice, is that they are not setting/using picks effectively. You have to want to set a pick and you have to use it by cutting sharp.

Only 2nd game, come January we'll have a better feel for these kids and coaches. Right now, we shouldn't expect a whole lot other than playing hard. When the lightbulb goes on, it should be fun to watch.
11-15-2011 01:48 PM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

(11-15-2011 01:48 PM)Hooterdome Wrote:  Have to wait and see what he actually did before I pass judgement. Could've been something small that the coaches felt they needed to send a message to the whole team.

It's going to be a tough transition. The former offense was slow it down and running set plays. This is much more of a ball movement, moving without the ball, pass and cut offense. 2 completely different styles. 1 thing I did notice, is that they are not setting/using picks effectively. You have to want to set a pick and you have to use it by cutting sharp.

Only 2nd game, come January we'll have a better feel for these kids and coaches. Right now, we shouldn't expect a whole lot other than playing hard. When the lightbulb goes on, it should be fun to watch.

Contrary to a lot of the negativity, I agree with you. This team is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Coach Preston thinks this team is a lot closer to turning the corner than everyone else believes. Don't believe me? Read the post game quotes from Monday.
11-15-2011 01:58 PM
Hooterdome Offline
Bench Warmer

@ Mike: I'm with you. I don't know that we're being negative. Think I've said it before, I'm cautiously optimistic. Just because I may be critical of certain things, doesn't mean I'm being negative.

Preston seems like he has a vision of what he wants this team to look like. The bigger picture is they didn't quit last night and they were moving the ball. If they can start moving without the ball and cutting/picking, the players will see easy buckets.

They'll get there, just going to take a minute to get rid of the bad habits. I'm all in win/lose w/my Owls!
11-15-2011 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.