Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stephen, Stephen, Stephen......
Bookmark and Share
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Stephen, Stephen, Stephen......
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2011 09:12 PM by usmbacker.)
11-05-2011 09:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
RE: Stephen, Stephen, Stephen......
(11-05-2011 09:07 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  What were you thinking???

http://www.hoistthecolours.net/entry.php...e-Thoughts

What else do expect from a homer website....Any person looking at this game without bias would have expected USM to win the game. ECU has been consistently inconsistent this year and have shown the ability to continuously puke all over ourselves in big games against decent teams. One thing that has been consistent with Coach Ruff's teams is there always seems to be about a 5 minute stretch of WTF football against quality teams.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2011 09:20 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
11-05-2011 09:18 PM
SouthernPirate55 Offline
1st String

He left out the FUBAR factor. 2 TD's off of a screwy punt team, and a pick 6 will definitely put you in the FUBAR. Not to mention, why do we run the zone read on every single first down. I get the play. I like the play, but every first down? really.
11-05-2011 09:21 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I would've figured VA or SMU would've been quality teams we've played.. I mean SMU was almost ranked when we played them.
11-05-2011 09:25 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
I just don't understand why people go to school specific boards and bring the posts over here.
11-05-2011 09:46 PM
Stephen Igoe Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
Yes, I made the wrong pick. I didn't expect us to give you guys 28 points. I already congratulated you guys on the victory.
11-05-2011 10:03 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Give us? Ok. We earned those points. I'm sorry if your special teams was awful and DD threw two picks. We still had to block/catch the ball. Also blocking. It's not like you handed it to us.
11-05-2011 10:20 PM
Advertisement

Stephen Igoe Offline
1st String

I Root For: .
(11-05-2011 10:20 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  Give us? Ok. We earned those points. I'm sorry if your special teams was awful and DD threw two picks. We still had to block/catch the ball. Also blocking. It's not like you handed it to us.

Listen man, I'm not trying to take anything away from your team. You guys earned it, but I guarantee you if the same thing happened in ECU's favor, you guys would be saying the same. It's all about the point of view.
11-05-2011 10:28 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
The 1st quarter reminded me of the time Michael Vick came to town on a Thursday night.

Ugh!

Go win the conference USM!
11-05-2011 10:29 PM
SouthernPirate55 Offline
1st String

(11-05-2011 10:20 PM)EagNBran Wrote:  Give us? Ok. We earned those points. I'm sorry if your special teams was awful and DD threw two picks. We still had to block/catch the ball. Also blocking. It's not like you handed it to us.

You're right. Good teams take advantage of the opponent's mistakes and you all did so flawlessly.
11-05-2011 10:33 PM
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
(11-05-2011 10:03 PM)igoe4EastCarolina Wrote:  Yes, I made the wrong pick. I didn't expect us to give you guys 28 points. I already congratulated you guys on the victory.

What? You gave us 28 points? Are you serious?
11-05-2011 10:38 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(11-05-2011 10:38 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 10:03 PM)igoe4EastCarolina Wrote:  Yes, I made the wrong pick. I didn't expect us to give you guys 28 points. I already congratulated you guys on the victory.

What? You gave us 28 points? Are you serious?

I am never one to say that a team is given anything....It is earned in some manner or fashion but this was about as close as possible to giving points away. The bottom line is you have to be mentally prepared to play the game and you can not make mistakes like we did against a good team. You guys are good enough to take advantage of a mistake and turn it into points. Some teams would not have made those interceptions much less return them for touchdowns. Some teams do not have skilled enough players to take advantage of a team letting 3 players go unblocked on a punt and block it much less pick it up and return it for a touchdown. Some teams do not have a good enough return guy to return a terrible punt for a touchdown that was designed and covered to punted on the ground near the sideline but the punter kicks a line drive in the air directly return guy in the center of the field so he can return it to other side of the field where we have no defenders.

So USM is to be commended for capitalizing on our mistakes and turning each one of these into touchdowns....Good teams take advantage of other teams mistakes and punishes them for making them. Good luck the rest of the season, I hope you win out from here and spank the West team in the CUSA Championship Game.
11-05-2011 11:18 PM
Steelbeard Offline
OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN

We lost, you won and most of the ECU fans have already congratulated you on the win. Quit being douches about it.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 11:40 AM by Steelbeard.)
11-07-2011 11:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.