UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Regarding bus trip to BOT meeting........
Redeemed Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Our Country
Regarding bus trip to BOT meeting........
1. Very good intentions and show of solidarity.

2. Ramping up the effort with a full bus contingent shows determination the BOT is not expecting.

3. A collective voice is always better than a single voice.

4. Zero chance of their minds being changed. Zero.
11-02-2011 04:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

STH_blazer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Regarding bus trip to BOT meeting........
(11-02-2011 04:29 PM)Redeemed Wrote:  1. Very good intentions and show of solidarity.

2. Ramping up the effort with a full bus contingent shows determination the BOT is not expecting.

Let me help you out some:
Going:

4 Some chance of changing some minds and spreading the word.

Not Going:
1. Does nothing
2. Does nothing
3. Does nothing
4. No chance of changing anyone's mind. Zero
11-02-2011 04:34 PM
Redeemed Offline
Special Teams

(11-02-2011 04:34 PM)STH_blazer Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 04:29 PM)Redeemed Wrote:  1. Very good intentions and show of solidarity.

Going:

Not Going:
1. Does nothing
2. Does nothing
3. Does nothing

Well, I guess I stand corrected. Let me know when the groundbreaking takes place.
11-02-2011 04:43 PM
STH_blazer Offline
Water Engineer

(11-02-2011 04:43 PM)Redeemed Wrote:  

Going:

Not Going:
1. Does nothing
2. Does nothing
3. Does nothing

Well, I guess I stand corrected. Let me know when the groundbreaking takes place.

I repeat what I said. SOME chance.

Those going are making a visible showing to the BOT that we do not agree with what they are doing. What will not going accomplish?
11-02-2011 04:45 PM
Advertisement

Redeemed Offline
Special Teams

(11-02-2011 04:45 PM)STH_blazer Wrote:  

Going:

Not Going:
1. Does nothing
2. Does nothing
3. Does nothing

Those going are making a visible showing to the BOT that we do not agree with what they are doing. What will not going accomplish?

Saving a day of vacation leave from work.

I'm as ticked as anybody about the decision, but right now, the last thing the UAT powers that be and the BOT as a whole want is to be upstaged. That certainly does NOT help our cause for future considerations, and they sure aren't going to change things on this meeting's agenda. They're a lot of things, but having a willingness to be exposed by the school they detest, and then cave to said school ain't one of them.

A buddy of mine is a UAT fan. According to him, they are absolutely horse laughing at us right now, making comments like "hold somebody under 40 points and we'll talk" or " they should build UAB an OCS, only make capacity 3,000, that way, there'll be much fewer empty seats".

I for one am sick of their comments, and I don't want them to win this battle twice in one week's time. The last thing they want is to allow anything to happen that makes them look like they've backed down.
11-02-2011 04:52 PM
STH_blazer Offline
Water Engineer

I have heard from many UAT students and fans who believe that this is just as criminal as we do.

The goal of going isn't to get them to put it back on the agenda. That's impossible. The best we can hope for is that it will be on February's agenda.

They said that we didn't have the fan support to back the proposal. We're trying to show them that we have support.

And just because they have no desires to back down does not mean that we should put our tails between our legs and stay quiet. All that does is reinforce their belief that we are just puppets and they can pull all the strings with no repercussions.

You can choose to stay silent if you wish. Me and the rest of the people going will have our presence known.
11-02-2011 05:04 PM
BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

(11-02-2011 05:04 PM)STH_blazer Wrote:  I have heard from many UAT students and fans who believe that this is just as criminal as we do.

The goal of going isn't to get them to put it back on the agenda. That's impossible. The best we can hope for is that it will be on February's agenda.

They said that we didn't have the fan support to back the proposal. We're trying to show them that we have support.

And just because they have no desires to back down does not mean that we should put our tails between our legs and stay quiet. All that does is reinforce their belief that we are just puppets and they can pull all the strings with no repercussions.

You can choose to stay silent if you wish. Me and the rest of the people going will have our presence known.

Yes! 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 05:06 PM by BlazerGrad88.)
11-02-2011 05:05 PM
Advertisement

Blzer4Life Offline
Super Blazer Moderator

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-02-2011 05:05 PM)BlazerGrad88 Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 05:04 PM)STH_blazer Wrote:  I have heard from many UAT students and fans who believe that this is just as criminal as we do.

Yes! 04-rock

If you are out of line, you will be asked to leave. I can assure you that. At meetings like these, being seen there can be much more powerful than getting thrown out.
11-02-2011 05:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
Being tased will be recorded... I promise :) I will have my camera! So if any of you wants to be the next youtube sensation... let me know so I can get a good video shot.
11-02-2011 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(11-02-2011 04:52 PM)Redeemed Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 04:45 PM)STH_blazer Wrote:  

Going:

Not Going:
1. Does nothing
2. Does nothing
3. Does nothing

Saving a day of vacation leave from work.

I'm as ticked as anybody about the decision, but right now, the last thing the UAT powers that be and the BOT as a whole want is to be upstaged. That certainly does NOT help our cause for future considerations, and they sure aren't going to change things on this meeting's agenda. They're a lot of things, but having a willingness to be exposed by the school they detest, and then cave to said school ain't one of them.

A buddy of mine is a UAT fan. According to him, they are absolutely horse laughing at us right now, making comments like "hold somebody under 40 points and we'll talk" or " they should build UAB an OCS, only make capacity 3,000, that way, there'll be much fewer empty seats".

I for one am sick of their comments, and I don't want them to win this battle twice in one week's time. The last thing they want is to allow anything to happen that makes them look like they've backed down.

tell your buddy that we are 1 and zero against saban and never lost to uat in football and 1 and 0 in basketball
11-02-2011 05:42 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

And David stood zero chance of knocking off Goliath.

Believe nothing. Do nothing. Get nothing.
11-02-2011 06:12 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
need the exact location of the meeting
mark and 1 will be coming (biking) from snoozy toward tuscalloser from 216 to old bhm to university bld
direction from there University bld at the junction of old bhm highway will be very appreciate
11-02-2011 06:25 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2011 06:25 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  need the exact location of the meeting
mark and 1 will be coming (biking) from snoozy toward tuscalloser from 216 to old bhm to university bld
direction from there University bld at the junction of old bhm highway will be very appreciate

240 Paul Bryant Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
11-02-2011 06:43 PM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(11-02-2011 06:43 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

240 Paul Bryant Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487

thank
on google is where the museaum is ?
11-02-2011 06:47 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2011 06:47 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 06:43 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

240 Paul Bryant Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487

thank
on google is where the museaum is ?

[Image: map3.jpg]
11-02-2011 06:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.