UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB supporters on Fox 6 tomorrow morning
WhoDatBlazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the playoffs !!
UAB supporters on Fox 6 tomorrow morning
Look for a segment featuring USGA prez & others regarding bus demonstration to Tuscaloosa and fan outrage at BoT on "Good Day Alabama" show around 7:15am.
11-02-2011 02:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: UAB supporters on Fox 6 tomorrow morning
Wait? I thought they said there was no student support?
11-02-2011 02:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk Award
Don't expect to hear any comments from the USGA Prez regarding the busses. He'll say that he respectfully disagrees with the decision to table the discussion but respects the intentions of the Board of Trustees.
11-02-2011 02:43 PM
hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB

(11-02-2011 02:43 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Don't expect to hear any comments from the USGA Prez regarding the busses. He'll say that he respectfully disagrees with the decision to table the discussion but respects the intentions of the Board of Trustees.

He has to say that. Believe me, he's just as passionate as we are.

I'll be one of the people on tomorrow morning.
11-02-2011 02:45 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-02-2011 02:45 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 02:43 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Don't expect to hear any comments from the USGA Prez regarding the busses. He'll say that he respectfully disagrees with the decision to table the discussion but respects the intentions of the Board of Trustees.

I know. I'm just saying this early so that people aren't wondering why he's not up in arms about it tomorrow.
11-02-2011 02:47 PM
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Why? Will they fire him too?
11-02-2011 02:48 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
LOL
11-02-2011 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-02-2011 02:48 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Why? Will they fire him too?

Possibly. But the more important factor is if he wants any sort of political career in the state of Alabama, these are the guys that control that landscape.
11-02-2011 02:54 PM
UABdragon84 Offline
Bench Warmer

Bull! He can say anything he wants to say and should since he represents the UAB students. There is absolutely nothing the board can do to him. The only thing that I can think of is that Garrison asked him not to tick of the BOT "for the sake of the university". In that is her intention she needs to talk to us because we are about to tick them off big time.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2011 02:55 PM by UABdragon84.)
11-02-2011 02:54 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

(11-02-2011 02:54 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 02:48 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Why? Will they fire him too?

Possibly. But the more important factor is if he wants any sort of political career in the state of Alabama, these are the guys that control that landscape.

No, no, no. Totally disagree. It's times like these that test a person's intestinal fortitude. The question is, does young Mr. Watts have what it takes to represent the students, regardless of where his personal political chips may fall?
11-02-2011 03:04 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

Oh no... When I was USGA President, I was my own man, So the BOT is now controlling the USGA as well. They need someone on there who is not afraid to tell the whole truth!
11-02-2011 03:04 PM
hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB

(11-02-2011 02:54 PM)UABdragon84 Wrote:  

Bull! He can say anything he wants to say and should since he represents the UAB students. There is absolutely nothing the board can do to him. The only thing that I can think of is that Garrison asked him not to tick of the BOT "for the sake of the university". In that is her intention she needs to talk to us because we are about to tick them off big time.

Brad is actually a member of the Board as a student representative. Meaning he's a full voting member. He was just as blind sided as everyone else.

As a member of the Board he has to stay above the fray in public and do work behind the scenes.
11-02-2011 03:05 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

Really, so how did he vote on this? lol. just kidding.
11-02-2011 03:09 PM
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

By the way, she has already started the line that there could have been a one by one call of members to gauge their interest in the project.
11-02-2011 03:11 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2011 03:05 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  

Brad is actually a member of the Board as a student representative. Meaning he's a full voting member. He was just as blind sided as everyone else.

As a member of the Board he has to stay above the fray in public and do work behind the scenes.

Wrong. The USGA representative to the board is not a full trustee and does not have a vote.
11-02-2011 03:16 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-02-2011 03:16 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  

Wrong. The USGA representative to the board is not a full trustee and does not have a vote.

There's no such thing as the "USGA Representative to the board".

It's completely separate from the USGA. The President of the respective Universities select their student representative. There is no application. It is an appointed role. The last student BOT representative was the president of the School of Medicine SGA.
11-02-2011 03:20 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2011 03:20 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 02:45 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  He has to say that. Believe me, he's just as passionate as we are.

It's completely separate from the USGA. The President of the respective Universities select their student representative. There is no application. It is an appointed role. The last student BOT representative was the president of the School of Medicine SGA.

Whatever, the point is that the student rep to the board is not a member of the board, they're basically the only student with permission to talk to the board at meetings.
11-02-2011 03:25 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-02-2011 03:25 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 03:20 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(11-02-2011 02:54 PM)UABdragon84 Wrote:  Bull! He can say anything he wants to say and should since he represents the UAB students. There is absolutely nothing the board can do to him. The only thing that I can think of is that Garrison asked him not to tick of the BOT "for the sake of the university". In that is her intention she needs to talk to us because we are about to tick them off big time.

Whatever, the point is that the student rep to the board is not a member of the board, they're basically the only student with permission to talk to the board at meetings.

I just like correcting you when you speak with as much authority as you like to speak with.
11-02-2011 03:49 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

I saw an interview on TV this morning or last night ( cant seem to recall which atg this point I was so upset with the happenings ) with him speaking and he did a great job, expressing his concern about what happened and stating that the OCS WOULD be good for UAB students, Bham, etc.
11-02-2011 03:55 PM
Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

Folding@NCAAbbs

Why does he have to say that? He enjoyed First Amendment rights, and he's not employed by the system.
11-02-2011 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.