1st String

I Root For: EMU
10 Reasons YOU SHOULD attend the EMU/Ball State Game
It was excitement at it's best...

A rivalry game...

During Homecoming...

A defensive battle...

Goal line stops by our defense...

An ending that led to EMU hoisting the Michigan Mac trophy...

And then...

A bye week...

While many view a bye week as time off I can tell you that our Football team

certainly wasn't on vacation! They will be ready to go this Saturday against

Ball State and I want to give you 10 Reasons Why YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE GAME:

1) EMU's progress has caught the attention of the College football world and our team

is quickly becoming one that people are paying attention to from New York to LA. Several

publications are now projecting that EMU will make a bowl appearance this year and others

have even gone as far as naming EMU to their list of the top 10 hottest football teams in

the nation. If people across the country are taking notice of our Eagles, we should too...

2) The forecast for Saturday is cloudy, but 53 degrees!!! You can't ask for better football

weather in early November in Southeast Michigan!!! Get out and enjoy the weather.

3) Yes, the game will be televised on Channel 7 and a few different ESPN stations, but don't

let that be an excuse to stay home! It would be great for the world to see Rynearson full and

rocking in support of the Eagles!

4) I had a chance to sit in on the post game press conference for the WMU game and heard

Latarrius Thomas talk about the impact that the fans in the stands made on the game. He said

that there have been games in the past that felt like practice because of the lack of fan support

and that the Homecoming crowd made a big difference! Remember, "Fans in the stands equals

the 12th man on the field!" Come out and help cheer EMU to a victory over Ball State!

5) At 5-3 EMU has more wins this year than they've had in a single season since the mid 90's.

The team is two wins away from being bowl eligible (only one of the victories against Howard and

ASU counts toward bowl eligibility). A win on Saturday will put us one step closer to seeing EMU

in a bowl game for the first time since 1987.

6) The game experience! The tailgating and the student section were AWESOME during Homecoming!

I was told that the line to get into the student section for the game was literally "Out the Door" and

they kept it rocking for the ENTIRE GAME. Even being able to walk out of the stadium after the game

and see people still tailgating in celebration of the EMU victory was awesome.

7) I've heard a few clever names for our running game: "Greene and White" or "The Four Headed Monster"

But the bottom line is EMU's offense is getting it done on the ground with four players averaging more

than 50 yards a game. With Ball State's defense coming in last in the MAC in total defense, one would think

that we should get to see some big numbers put up by our offense.

8) Javonti Greene... This young man may not be the biggest back, but he is certainly a threat to score every

time he touches the ball. With four touchdowns of 50 yards or more in his career, I would like to give him the

nickname "50+". An exciting young man to watch on the field and a great student off the field.

9) If you're a student, you get in FREE!!!!!!! Don't go home for the weekend! Stay on campus and come out

and support your team!

10) EMU beat Ball State on their field last year to give Coach English his first win as a Head Coach. I won't count

my eggs before they hatch, but victory is in reach... EMU is 4-0 at home this year and a win on Saturday will move

them to 4-1 in the conference... With a little help, there's still a shot at the conference Championship this year... At

the risk of coming across EXTREMELY CORNY... Don't Stop Believing!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-SbwCHJ80
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011 10:02 AM by KPJ.)
11-01-2011 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

RE: 10 Reasons YOU SHOULD attend the EMU/Ball State Game
(11-01-2011 10:02 AM)KPJ Wrote:  It was excitement at it's best...

A rivalry game...

During Homecoming...

A defensive battle...

And then...

A bye week...

1) EMU's progress has caught the attention of the College football world and our team

is quickly becoming one that people are paying attention to from New York to LA. Several

publications are now projecting that EMU will make a bowl appearance this year and others

have even gone as far as naming EMU to their list of the top 10 hottest football teams in

the nation. If people across the country are taking notice of our Eagles, we should too...

2) The forecast for Saturday is cloudy, but 53 degrees!!! You can't ask for better football

weather in early November in Southeast Michigan!!! Get out and enjoy the weather.

3) Yes, the game will be televised on Channel 7 and a few different ESPN stations, but don't

let that be an excuse to stay home! It would be great for the world to see Rynearson full and

4) I had a chance to sit in on the post game press conference for the WMU game and heard

Latarrius Thomas talk about the impact that the fans in the stands made on the game. He said

that there have been games in the past that felt like practice because of the lack of fan support

and that the Homecoming crowd made a big difference! Remember, "Fans in the stands equals

the 12th man on the field!" Come out and help cheer EMU to a victory over Ball State!

5) At 5-3 EMU has more wins this year than they've had in a single season since the mid 90's.

The team is two wins away from being bowl eligible (only one of the victories against Howard and

ASU counts toward bowl eligibility). A win on Saturday will put us one step closer to seeing EMU

6) The game experience! The tailgating and the student section were AWESOME during Homecoming!

I was told that the line to get into the student section for the game was literally "Out the Door" and

they kept it rocking for the ENTIRE GAME. Even being able to walk out of the stadium after the game

7) I've heard a few clever names for our running game: "Greene and White" or "The Four Headed Monster"

But the bottom line is EMU's offense is getting it done on the ground with four players averaging more

than 50 yards a game. With Ball State's defense coming in last in the MAC in total defense, one would think

8) Javonti Greene... This young man may not be the biggest back, but he is certainly a threat to score every

time he touches the ball. With four touchdowns of 50 yards or more in his career, I would like to give him the

nickname "50+". An exciting young man to watch on the field and a great student off the field.

9) If you're a student, you get in FREE!!!!!!! Don't go home for the weekend! Stay on campus and come out

and support your team!

10) EMU beat Ball State on their field last year to give Coach English his first win as a Head Coach. I won't count

my eggs before they hatch, but victory is in reach... EMU is 4-0 at home this year and a win on Saturday will move

them to 4-1 in the conference... With a little help, there's still a shot at the conference Championship this year... At

the risk of coming across EXTREMELY CORNY... Don't Stop Believing!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-SbwCHJ80

Great post, I love the passion. This is a MUST win game! I will be there with my 13 year old football playing son and we will be rooting hard. This season feels like it is special, like we are a team of destiny, a team that is going bowling! I hope we have a nice big crowd to see Eastern continue this awesome run.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011 11:32 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
11-01-2011 11:31 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Indeed, the real fun in sports is watching a bad team become good, esp. if it was unexpected.

Might it be EMU, the Lions, or even the Tigers from say a half dozen years ago.
11-01-2011 11:39 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111101/...-a-purpose

EMU is playing with a purpose. :)
11-01-2011 04:24 PM
TheCrumbIsHere Offline
2nd String

I Root For: E. Michigan
I'm going to be making the trip up from Louisville for this one. It'll be nice to feel the more positive buzz at Rynearson.
11-01-2011 06:36 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-01-2011 11:31 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(11-01-2011 10:02 AM)KPJ Wrote:  It was excitement at it's best...

A rivalry game...

During Homecoming...

A defensive battle...

And then...

A bye week...

and support your team!

Great post, I love the passion. This is a MUST win game! I will be there with my 13 year old football playing son and we will be rooting hard. This season feels like it is special, like we are a team of destiny, a team that is going bowling! I hope we have a nice big crowd to see Eastern continue this awesome run.

There will be a need to dress warmly without any sun it will be chilly.
11-01-2011 09:12 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

1st place in the MAC West if at stake following Toledo's defeat tonight.
11-01-2011 09:55 PM
cmadler Offline
Special Teams

(11-01-2011 09:55 PM)emu steve Wrote:  1st place in the MAC West if at stake following Toledo's defeat tonight.

Although, due to the head-to-head competition tiebreaker, to win the division (I still can't believe this is a legitimate topic of discussion!) EMU will need to win out and have Toledo lose another game (vs Western Michigan, at Central Michigan, at Ball State).
11-01-2011 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWoodenNickle Online
Heisman

(11-01-2011 09:55 PM)emu steve Wrote:  1st place in the MAC West if at stake following Toledo's defeat tonight.

That game reminded me of EMU-CMU 2008. Not sure if it was good football or bad football. It was exciting though.
11-02-2011 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.