UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1. Think it Overnight Before Sending - 2. Hit With Pocketbook
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
1. Think it Overnight Before Sending - 2. Hit With Pocketbook
1. My first fear is that the immediate rage we all want to show will not help the cause. This is so fast-breaking that we don't have all the info, so wait a day just to make sure this isn't just tabled to February, and we spell FOOOOOWWWWK YEEEEW correctly (or just leave the expletives out and replace with strong phrases).

2. When I write, I will tell them that after receiving a fundraising call, I thought about donating (as a med student... Not wealthy) to show support for the OCS and improve our alumni donation numbers. Now that I have no confidence that UAB is a independent institution and not just a UAT pawn, I plan to let them know in my letter my continued support is contingent on a show of independence from UAT and acts in the best interest of UAB (and my degree), not necessarily in the best interest of other UA system schools.
10-31-2011 07:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerFire Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
RE: 1. Think it Overnight Before Sending - 2. Hit With Pocketbook
(10-31-2011 07:48 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  1. My first fear is that the immediate rage we all want to show will not help the cause. This is so fast-breaking that we don't have all the info, so wait a day just to make sure this isn't just tabled to February, and we spell FOOOOOWWWWK YEEEEW correctly (or just leave the expletives out and replace with strong phrases).

2. When I write, I will tell them that after receiving a fundraising call, I thought about donating (as a med student... Not wealthy) to show support for the OCS and improve our alumni donation numbers. Now that I have no confidence that UAB is a independent institution and not just a UAT pawn, I plan to let them know in my letter my continued support is contingent on a show of independence from UAT and acts in the best interest of UAB (and my degree), not necessarily in the best interest of other UA system schools.

AMEN!!! Wise words!!!
10-31-2011 07:55 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Does anyone know or have they heard from Mackin or Garrison about this in the last few hours?

If this is tabled until February, then we can and should hold off.

If this is tabled for the foreseeable future, then we may need to proceed.
10-31-2011 07:55 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
(10-31-2011 07:55 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Does anyone know or have they heard from Mackin or Garrison about this in the last few hours?

so, thats how they beat us. instead of tabling forever, all they have to do is back it off 3 months at a time

i wrote a letter like you suggest in #2 many moons ago...didnt seem to matter
10-31-2011 07:57 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

If Mackin & Garrison have been told no, then we certainly shouldn't hold back.

If they have been told not yet, then maybe we should.

I suspect the first is what happened.
10-31-2011 07:59 PM
Advertisement

LovinDaBlazers Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the Blazers

Folding@NCAAbbs
(10-31-2011 07:55 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  If this is tabled until February, then we can and should hold off.
What's the harm in expressing our strong support for an on campus stadium, whether it's being tabled until February or tabled indefinitely? While we may not want to 'jump off the deep end' if it's simply being tabled, I would imagine receiving hundreds/thousands of e-mails reminding them of our desire to see an on campus stadium at UAB would simply reinforce that their is support in our community for an OCS.
Obviously, being professional and tactful is going to go much farther than a fire and brimstones e-mail, but I wholeheartedly believe in showing your passion for things you believe are important.
10-31-2011 08:04 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I agree. Just saying that if it is tabled until February then our emails need to be to certain people and written a certain way.

If it is tabled for good for other reasons, then our emails need to directed to possibly different people and written differently.
10-31-2011 08:05 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(10-31-2011 07:55 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Does anyone know or have they heard from Mackin or Garrison about this in the last few hours?

They may be toying around to make us squirm and let us provide them a reason to kill program.

I had a boss like that. He kept f*cking with people, twisting the knife in the ones that didn't worship him, promoting the brown nosers, and absolutely rode the people that viewed him with disdain (me). All in an effort to get nothing but conformist that would be too scared to rat him out. All the while he kept work hours and habits that would make my retired womanizing drunken uncle blush. It was a pretty steady pattern, if you went to HR, you were gone within a week, because he was screwing the boss lady too.

Show your ass to the board and you will just give them more ammunition and reason to shut us down.

We need solidarity with UAH, the City Of Birmingham and the City of Huntsville. We need to do our research, find out which city council members have seats at the Pagan Saban Temple on Saturdays. We need to drive a stake into the businesses that are owned by the BOT members. We need to let the businesses that are owned by our non-backers on the city councils and local governments that neither we nor our friends will be shopping there.

We must show a solidified front and wear them down. We need a stadium. UAH needs independance.

And we probably need to get Auburn involved. - The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And you know there is nothing the Aubies would like more than to see UAT slapped with a big probation.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 08:28 PM by BlazerPhil.)
10-31-2011 08:27 PM
braish Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk Award
(10-31-2011 07:48 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  1. My first fear is that the immediate rage we all want to show will not help the cause. This is so fast-breaking that we don't have all the info, so wait a day just to make sure this isn't just tabled to February, and we spell FOOOOOWWWWK YEEEEW correctly (or just leave the expletives out and replace with strong phrases).

3. Mail in your UAB Alumni society card.
10-31-2011 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.