UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mackin & Garrison's e-mail address
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Mackin & Garrison's e-mail address
Put your keyboard where your mouth is.

bmackin@uab.edu
cgarrison@uab.edu

Please be respectful.
10-30-2011 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Mackin & Garrison's e-mail address
Mine was sent yesterday
10-30-2011 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Fired mine off this morning to both of them.
10-30-2011 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazing Saddles Offline
All American

Yep. It's time. Let's Occupy Blazer Football!
10-30-2011 09:01 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

(10-30-2011 09:01 AM)Blazing Saddles Wrote:  Yep. It's time. Let's Occupy Blazer Football!

YES! let's take UAB back! Shaving Lotions for everyone!
10-30-2011 09:03 AM
dragonbreath Offline
All American

BlazerTalk Award
Close shave America.... Close shave Barbasol!
10-30-2011 09:06 AM
Advertisement

Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

Folding@NCAAbbs
Why bother? They clearly don't care about what we think.
10-30-2011 03:30 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

They act like they do, but the only email that causes them to move comes from Bear Jr. Couldn't you imagine the call/email Mackin got when Bear Jr found out we were hiring Fisher?
10-30-2011 03:52 PM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
(10-30-2011 03:30 PM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  Why bother? They clearly don't care about what we think.

I feel the same way. I wrote emails last year to Garrison, Mackin, and several others in the administration. I got a generic response from almost everyone. What happened? Nothing.
10-30-2011 03:57 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
It's busy work for people who have no voice in the matter to feel like they do.
10-30-2011 04:21 PM
Blaze4Pres Offline
Campaign Advisor

(10-30-2011 03:57 PM)blazinrunner Wrote:  
(10-30-2011 03:30 PM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  Why bother? They clearly don't care about what we think.

I feel the same way. I wrote emails last year to Garrison, Mackin, and several others in the administration. I got a generic response from almost everyone. What happened? Nothing.

That's more than I got, I never received an e-mail back.
10-30-2011 04:36 PM
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

(10-30-2011 03:57 PM)blazinrunner Wrote:  

Did you expect anything other than a generic response? Come on guys they're not going to spoon feed us their next move over e-mail. I don't like the situation either but at this point we have 4 games left 2 at and 2 on the road. I'm just ready to put this football season in the bag and cheer for the upcoming basketball season.
10-30-2011 05:10 PM
BTR Offline
The Royal Order of Rooster

I Root For: UAB!!!

Folding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardDonators
(10-30-2011 08:29 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Put your keyboard where your mouth is.

bmackin@uab.edu
cgarrison@uab.edu

Please be respectful.

Write them... PLEASE.

Be very polite! Pretty please :)
10-30-2011 05:46 PM
K-ON Offline
Banned

I Root For: New AD & HC
I'd rather put my butt, money, and season tickets where their mouth isn't, and have done so.

I'm sure they got (or will eventually "get", if they are that brain-dead) the message.

Don't think so? Look again closely at the UCF game photo...
10-30-2011 07:06 PM
uab blazer 01 Offline
1st String

(10-30-2011 05:46 PM)BTR Wrote:  
(10-30-2011 08:29 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Put your keyboard where your mouth is.

bmackin@uab.edu
cgarrison@uab.edu

Please be respectful.

Write them... PLEASE.

done
10-30-2011 08:16 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Our AD went "on the record" that he would evaluate the coaching staff AFTER the season so he may feel he is bound to say NOTHING! (read that like Sgt Schultz) in public until then. Has there been communication between the two "off the record"? I would expect so but I don't KNOW so. There is always the possibility of confidential talks that an AD can have with the agents of UAB coaches as well as the agents for coaches elsewhere. I'm sure the UAB AD knows the importance of there appearing to be a prompt and smooth transition IF a whole new staff is to be brought in during recruiting season.
10-30-2011 08:45 PM
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Online
#FreeUAB

(10-30-2011 05:46 PM)BTR Wrote:  

bmackin@uab.edu
cgarrison@uab.edu

Please be respectful.

Write them... PLEASE.

Done.
10-30-2011 08:55 PM
Rocket City Blazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!!
Dr. Carol Garrison
President, University of Alabama at Birmingham
1530 Third Ave. South
Birmingham, AL 35294

Mr. Brian Mackin
Athletic Director, University of Alabama at Birmingham
13th Street S
Birmingham, AL 35294

Dr. Garrison & Mr. Mackin,

As an alumni and fan of everything UAB I want to express my strongest concerns regarding the UAB football program under the current leadership of Head Coach Neil Callaway. The program has become a black eye to the University and particularly of the Athletic Department. Coach Callaway has done some outstanding things off the field for our University. Our players are making higher grades, staying out of trouble, amazing discipline and leading to them being successful and bright examples to the University. We still have plenty of room for improvement in education, but I truly feel Coach Callaway has set a foundation for those who follow.

Unfortunately, the leadership and improvement off the field as not transferred on the field. UAB’s record under his tenure is now 16-40 (a .286 winning record). Alum, students, boosters, and fans were promised this year would show results over last years near misses. We were told Coach Callaway’s extension was based on improvements this year. We are currently 1-7 for this year. If this year continues as it has, we might beat Memphis and FAU. Houston and Southern Miss will be a stretch.

It has never been clearer a total change in the football program’s leadership is in order. I urge you to act now. Let’s allow Callaway and his staff to complete the year and give them the opportunity to start looking for new opportunities. The players deserve the chance to finish the year with a coach they have been with this far. But, give UAB the opportunity to start looking at potential coaches before many great opportunities are picked up by Tulane, FAU, and others. This way they can start recruiting assistants and players as soon as possible. Furthermore, I ask..no..beg you to make sure UAB decides its own fate in hiring future coaches and administrators and not the Board of Trustees. It can be denied, but it is very clear to everyone how the last hiring fiasco happened.

I thank you for your time and energy you have placed in our program. I ask that only you go ahead and start making the changes we all know need to be made.

Go Blazers,

Garrison's response
Thanks for being such a big Blazer Athletics fan and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.
Best Regards,
Carol
10-31-2011 03:57 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2011 03:57 PM)Rocket City Blazer Wrote:  Dr. Carol Garrison
President, University of Alabama at Birmingham
1530 Third Ave. South
Birmingham, AL 35294

Mr. Brian Mackin
Athletic Director, University of Alabama at Birmingham
13th Street S
Birmingham, AL 35294

Dr. Garrison & Mr. Mackin,

As an alumni and fan of everything UAB I want to express my strongest concerns regarding the UAB football program under the current leadership of Head Coach Neil Callaway. The program has become a black eye to the University and particularly of the Athletic Department. Coach Callaway has done some outstanding things off the field for our University. Our players are making higher grades, staying out of trouble, amazing discipline and leading to them being successful and bright examples to the University. We still have plenty of room for improvement in education, but I truly feel Coach Callaway has set a foundation for those who follow.

Unfortunately, the leadership and improvement off the field as not transferred on the field. UAB’s record under his tenure is now 16-40 (a .286 winning record). Alum, students, boosters, and fans were promised this year would show results over last years near misses. We were told Coach Callaway’s extension was based on improvements this year. We are currently 1-7 for this year. If this year continues as it has, we might beat Memphis and FAU. Houston and Southern Miss will be a stretch.

It has never been clearer a total change in the football program’s leadership is in order. I urge you to act now. Let’s allow Callaway and his staff to complete the year and give them the opportunity to start looking for new opportunities. The players deserve the chance to finish the year with a coach they have been with this far. But, give UAB the opportunity to start looking at potential coaches before many great opportunities are picked up by Tulane, FAU, and others. This way they can start recruiting assistants and players as soon as possible. Furthermore, I ask..no..beg you to make sure UAB decides its own fate in hiring future coaches and administrators and not the Board of Trustees. It can be denied, but it is very clear to everyone how the last hiring fiasco happened.

I thank you for your time and energy you have placed in our program. I ask that only you go ahead and start making the changes we all know need to be made.

Go Blazers,

Garrison's response
Thanks for being such a big Blazer Athletics fan and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.
Best Regards,
Carol

That's almost like pouring out your heart for 15 min to the girl you love, for her to respond... "ok"
10-31-2011 04:02 PM
Rocket City Blazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!!
(10-31-2011 04:02 PM)ICB Wrote:  That's almost like pouring out your heart for 15 min to the girl you love, for her to respond... "ok"

Yea...I feel like going to listen to Garth Brooks "The Dance" over and over for a couple of hours
10-31-2011 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.