UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why does Callaway just stand there?
dragonbreath Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Why does Callaway just stand there?
On the sidelines with his arms crossed? Other coaches in this state and across the nation are talking with the offensive line, defensive line, chewing players out, praising players, chest bumping players, etc....Callaway just stands there like he is in line at Jefferson Co. Courthouse waiting to get his car tag.
10-29-2011 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Why does Callaway just stand there?
Ask him Wednesday night?
10-29-2011 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dragonbreath Offline
All American

BlazerTalk Award
(10-29-2011 06:03 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Ask him Wednesday night?

good idea!
10-29-2011 06:03 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Beats curling into a fetal position and sucking his thumb, I suppose.
10-29-2011 06:04 PM
dragonbreath Offline
All American

BlazerTalk Award
Seriously, I don't get it. I would go around checking on things and that. Talking to players, firing them up, chewing them out. Questioning calls, checking on tactics, drawing up strategy, etc.
I know assistants and coordinators do that... but still . Be proactive. Simply care.
10-29-2011 06:06 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
The fetal position would be funny.
10-29-2011 06:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

Because the bend over with your hands on your knees and constipated look on your face was trademarked by Watson Brown
10-29-2011 06:13 PM
torbida Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(10-29-2011 06:07 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  The fetal position would be funny.

maybe he'll do that when he's fired.
10-29-2011 06:13 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

Why does he just stand there? Maybe he hasn't mastered the head tilt yet.

[Image: uab-watsonbrown_medium.jpg]
10-29-2011 06:14 PM
torbida Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
quote='mixduptransistor' pid='7048783' dateline='1319930004']
Because the bend over with your hands on your knees and constipated look on your face was trademarked by Watson Brown
[/quote]

:lmfao :Watson was the master. wonder if he bought that style with him to Tennessee Tech?
10-29-2011 06:16 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(10-29-2011 06:06 PM)dragonbreath Wrote:  Seriously, I don't get it. I would go around checking on things and that. Talking to players, firing them up, chewing them out. Questioning calls, checking on tactics, drawing up strategy, etc.
I know assistants and coordinators do that... but still . Be proactive. Simply care.

Because that's what actual head coaches do. Not the ones who just want to collect their retirement check.
10-29-2011 06:21 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFire Offline
1st String

(10-29-2011 06:01 PM)dragonbreath Wrote:  On the sidelines with his arms crossed? Other coaches in this state and across the nation are talking with the offensive line, defensive line, chewing players out, praising players, chest bumping players, etc....Callaway just stands there like he is in line at Jefferson Co. Courthouse waiting to get his car tag.

Nope, he doesn't just stand there. He's a non-stop spitter. I feel sorry for the players (both sides) when they are tackled anywhere near his path.
10-29-2011 06:37 PM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
(10-29-2011 06:21 PM)BlazerDave Wrote:  
(10-29-2011 06:06 PM)dragonbreath Wrote:  Seriously, I don't get it. I would go around checking on things and that. Talking to players, firing them up, chewing them out. Questioning calls, checking on tactics, drawing up strategy, etc.

Because that's what actual head coaches do. Not the ones who just want to collect their retirement check.

THAT!
10-29-2011 07:56 PM
Ttx95 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall
I feel your pain. For those years Marshall had Mark Snyder I couldn't help but wonder why he stood there on the side line. At times it was like a deer caught in headlights. Clueless. The man invented more ways to lose a game than games he actually won. Who calls an end around in your own end zone? Snyder's Marshall team! You guys will eventually get your guy in there and start winning. I know it sucks and it's very frustrating. I'm excited about your new stadium and I think once that opens you'll start to turn the page.
10-29-2011 08:23 PM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
(10-29-2011 08:23 PM)Ttx95 Wrote:  I feel your pain. For those years Marshall had Mark Snyder I couldn't help but wonder why he stood there on the side line. At times it was like a deer caught in headlights. Clueless. The man invented more ways to lose a game than games he actually won. Who calls an end around in your own end zone? Snyder's Marshall team! You guys will eventually get your guy in there and start winning. I know it sucks and it's very frustrating. I'm excited about your new stadium and I think once that opens you'll start to turn the page.

Thanks! Now, **** OFF!
10-29-2011 08:23 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Ain't gonna work. AB, please take care of it.
10-29-2011 08:24 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-29-2011 08:23 PM)Ttx95 Wrote:  I feel your pain. For those years Marshall had Mark Snyder I couldn't help but wonder why he stood there on the side line. At times it was like a deer caught in headlights. Clueless. The man invented more ways to lose a game than games he actually won. Who calls an end around in your own end zone? Snyder's Marshall team! You guys will eventually get your guy in there and start winning. I know it sucks and it's very frustrating. I'm excited about your new stadium and I think once that opens you'll start to turn the page.

That reverse from your own 2 was the single dumbest play call I've ever witnessed, and I've watched both Watson Brown and Neil Callaway.

Thanks for the kind words on the new stadium, and I hope you're right.
10-29-2011 08:26 PM
Ttx95 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall
(10-29-2011 08:26 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

That reverse from your own 2 was the single dumbest play call I've ever witnessed, and I've watched both Watson Brown and Neil Callaway.

Thanks for the kind words on the new stadium, and I hope you're right.
Word to the wise. If Mark Snyder applies for the gig DO NOT HIRE HIM or you will get the same "creative" play calling.
10-29-2011 08:30 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(10-29-2011 06:01 PM)dragonbreath Wrote:  Callaway just stands there like he is in line at Jefferson Co. Courthouse waiting to get his car tag.

03-lmfao That was beautiful! I couldn't have picked a better analogy besides standing at a MAX bus stop waiting for the ride that may never come. I've not seen the "highlights" of the game yet, so I'm wondering, was Marshall just that good today, or was UAB just that bad?
10-29-2011 08:31 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western

Thank you. One thing's for sure, the Herd seems to rise up when they go against the Blazers, last couple of years at least, they've had our number in football. Congratulations on the win.
10-29-2011 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.