UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Latest: Big East considering joining alliance CUSA/MWC alliance
Blazer Ed Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB
Latest: Big East considering joining alliance CUSA/MWC alliance
If West Virginia and/or Louisvill were to go to Big 12, Big East might try to join the football alliance already forged by Confererence USA and the Mountian West.

Link
10-26-2011 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blazer Ed Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Latest: Big East considering joining alliance CUSA/MWC alliance
Here's another link.
10-26-2011 05:43 PM
Blazer Ed Offline
Water Engineer

Sorry the previous link that I posted was broken - I will try again.

Link
10-26-2011 05:48 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

With the Big 12 trying to decide between Louisville and WVU they may ettle their other quandry - 10 or 12 team league. Assuming Missouri leaves, they could add Louisville, WVU, and Cincinatti. If Missouri stays, they could add Louisville and WVU. In either event there would be little doubt that the BE would join the alliance. I think they will anyway. With Pitt, Syracuse, WVU, Louisville, and even UConn and Rutgers wanting out they will need to either disband or join the alliance.
10-26-2011 06:40 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Good to see the ECU AD backing the deal.

I suspect that the Big East will try and hold out until the very end.

Louisville is wanting to jump ship now, maybe Pitino needs to have a little chat with the Louisville AD.
10-26-2011 06:40 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I agree WB. Maybe the Big 12 will go ahead & take WVU & Louisville & seal the deal.
10-26-2011 06:42 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Die Big East DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-27-2011 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
What teams left in the Big East would we actually want? The Big XII is going to go to 12 teams, because that is what is required to have a championship game.(Nobody brings this up, but I can't imagine they won't want this) Assuming WVU and Louisville go away as well, the Big East is left with USF, UConn, Rutgers, and Cincy. Do we really even need these teams?
10-27-2011 06:08 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Yep. We do. I would take all 4 in a heart beat. It would only enhance the TV package.
10-27-2011 07:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

We have 12 in CUSA, 10 in MWC & 4 in leftover BE.

I would add Temple & 1 more school to have 28 teams, 4 - 7 team divisions.
10-27-2011 08:02 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

yep
10-27-2011 08:04 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(10-27-2011 07:58 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Yep. We do. I would take all 4 in a heart beat. It would only enhance the TV package.

You're right, USF, UConn, Rutgers and Cincy add a lot to any conference to have. Let's also just forget about the fact that 2 of those teams f'd us over before. I'm all about improving football; these schools do nothing.
10-29-2011 03:24 AM
Blazer86 Offline
1st String

It would appear that not only are they not going to join us they are going to take a few from us and leave CUSA to forage for leftovers.
10-29-2011 06:50 AM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

(10-29-2011 03:24 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(10-27-2011 07:58 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Yep. We do. I would take all 4 in a heart beat. It would only enhance the TV package.

You're right, USF, UConn, Rutgers and Cincy add a lot to any conference to have. Let's also just forget about the fact that 2 of those teams f'd us over before. I'm all about improving football; these schools do nothing.

I know who I have discussed with this and I am happy you make no decisions on the future of C-USA or it's television deals.

Two of those schools did F us over but you have to take emotion out of business decisions when you are deciding what is best for the collective.

BTW no one has left yet....LOL
10-29-2011 07:54 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(10-29-2011 07:54 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
(10-29-2011 03:24 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

I know who I have discussed with this and I am happy you make no decisions on the future of C-USA or it's television deals.

Two of those schools did F us over but you have to take emotion out of business decisions when you are deciding what is best for the collective.

BTW no one has left yet....LOL

Fool me once shame on you...

If we allow these teams to join the alliance, they are all going to be looking for the first ticket out. UConn has made it no secret that they want to be in the ACC. I'm sure the other 3 feel the same way. I say screw em and let them figure out things on their own.
10-30-2011 11:16 AM
Blazer14172 Offline
All American

Well it will be interesting to watch what the Big East's next move will be. West Virginia wants to be in Big 12 next year, since Missouri plans on being in SEC next year. If WVU is somehow allowed to go, then Pitt and Syracuse will be gone as well, they more than likely will pay whatever to go. Not sure if the Big East is gonna be able to hold them to the 27 month notification. This could be the factor that kills the Big East in football. I think Navy and Air Force and Boise are all smart in taking their time, playing watch and see. It will be more and more apparent that the BE will be on life support. At that point the incoming schools could almost name their price to the BE.
10-31-2011 02:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.