Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Honest Question
Bookmark and Share
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
Honest Question
Ok, I know it is foregone conclusion that the Cajuns are in the New Orleans Bowl, but what happens if the Troy game was the turning point for ULM and ULM was to win out and finishes 8-4 with one conference loss? Hypothetically let's say that ASU loses one conference game or goes undefeated and the Cajuns lose to ULM and ASU. In this scenario, ASU has the tie breaker over ULM. Who goes where? Logic says the New Orleans Bowl takes ULM, a Louisiana school, and ASU goes to Mobile. What about the Cajuns. Wouldn't this knock them out of the NOLA Bowl? I know its a lot of ifs, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Buying rooms from Cajun fans for New Orleans would be cheaper than Hotwire. :)
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 10:15 AM by Arrowhead.)
10-21-2011 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Honest Question
(10-21-2011 10:15 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Ok, I know it is foregone conclusion that the Cajuns are in the New Orleans Bowl, but what happens if the Troy game was the turning point for ULM and ULM was to win out and finishes 8-4 with one conference loss? Hypothetically let's say that ASU loses one conference game or goes undefeated and the Cajuns lose to ULM and ASU. In this scenario, ASU has the tie breaker over ULM. Who goes where? Logic says the New Orleans Bowl takes ULM, a Louisiana school, and ASU goes to Mobile. What about the Cajuns. Wouldn't this knock them out of the NOLA Bowl? I know its a lot of ifs, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Buying rooms from Cajun fans for New Orleans would be cheaper than Hotwire. :)

The short answer to you is no, it would not. The Cajuns are bowl eligible now and short of crashing into a wall, we will win at least 2 more games. New Orleans Bowl representatives were in attendance for the North Texas game and made it clear to our administration UL is their first choice. They are not obligated to take the Sun Belt Champion. You see attendance actually does matter, as does season ticket sales. So save your money, I hear its squirrel season anyway.04-rock
10-21-2011 10:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

(10-21-2011 10:37 AM)CajunT Wrote:  
(10-21-2011 10:15 AM)Arrowhead Wrote:  Ok, I know it is foregone conclusion that the Cajuns are in the New Orleans Bowl, but what happens if the Troy game was the turning point for ULM and ULM was to win out and finishes 8-4 with one conference loss? Hypothetically let's say that ASU loses one conference game or goes undefeated and the Cajuns lose to ULM and ASU. In this scenario, ASU has the tie breaker over ULM. Who goes where? Logic says the New Orleans Bowl takes ULM, a Louisiana school, and ASU goes to Mobile. What about the Cajuns. Wouldn't this knock them out of the NOLA Bowl? I know its a lot of ifs, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Buying rooms from Cajun fans for New Orleans would be cheaper than Hotwire. :)

The short answer to you is no, it would not. The Cajuns are bowl eligible now and short of crashing into a wall, we will win at least 2 more games. New Orleans Bowl representatives were in attendance for the North Texas game and made it clear to our administration UL is their first choice. They are not obligated to take the Sun Belt Champion. You see attendance actually does matter, as does season ticket sales. So save your money, I hear its squirrel season anyway.04-rock

What are the point of tie breakers and finishing first and second then if you aren't guaranteed a bowl? Isn't it that the first and second finisher have to be in a bowl and then the New Orleans Bowl can take who they want? If that's the case, then I can see why the New Orleans Bowl would want the Cajuns, because you would for sure put more in attendance than anyone else in the conference. In fact, I think that was what ULM was told if the ULL hadn't beaten us last year in the last game. I believe we would have been in the New Orleans Bowl and FIU would have been in Detroit. I guess that is the scenario that would occur if what I described above would happen this year.
10-21-2011 10:45 AM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

and instead of answering the man's question with you opinion and letting it go at that you have to come across and smarmy and insulting. Good Lord!!
10-21-2011 10:51 AM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(10-21-2011 10:51 AM)InjunJohn Wrote:  

and instead of answering the man's question with you opinion and letting it go at that you have to come across and smarmy and insulting. Good Lord!!

InjunJohn stated, totally ignoring the last sentence of his post, "Buying rooms from Cajun fans for New Orleans would be cheaper than Hotwire."

A dig is a dig bubba! Thanks
10-21-2011 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-21-2011 11:07 AM)CajunT Wrote:  
(10-21-2011 10:51 AM)InjunJohn Wrote:  

InjunJohn stated, totally ignoring the last sentence of his post, "Buying rooms from Cajun fans for New Orleans would be cheaper than Hotwire."

A dig is a dig bubba! Thanks

Fair enough...but it is a recurring habit with you CajunT. Just my personal opinion, bubba!! Thanks
10-21-2011 11:20 AM
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob

And you wonder why nobody likes ULL fans
10-21-2011 11:46 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

You guys have a little success and you turn into complete douchebags. A little humility goes a long ways.
10-21-2011 11:51 AM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(10-21-2011 11:51 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  You guys have a little success and you turn into complete douchebags. A little humility goes a long ways.

Let's see here, we "FINALLY" appear to be turning the corner in all facets as a complete athletic program, yet we are lucky to win every game. Kinda tiresome if you ask me.

ULM will never be selected for a bowl bid before the Cajuns even if both are eligible. But we are not the only school that would be selected over ULM either, MT, Troy and stAte would be as well. It has to do with butts in the seats. Last year with a bowl bid on the line, at home, against your biggest rival, in front of the New Orleans Bowl Committee you guys had 9000 in the seats with about 1000 being Cajun fans. That poor showing of fan support is a severe detractor for a bowl committee.
10-21-2011 12:03 PM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

(10-21-2011 12:03 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  
(10-21-2011 11:51 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  You guys have a little success and you turn into complete douchebags. A little humility goes a long ways.

Let's see here, we "FINALLY" appear to be turning the corner in all facets as a complete athletic program, yet we are lucky to win every game. Kinda tiresome if you ask me.

ULM will never be selected for a bowl bid before the Cajuns even if both are eligible. But we are not the only school that would be selected over ULM either, MT, Troy and stAte would be as well. It has to do with butts in the seats. Last year with a bowl bid on the line, at home, against your biggest rival, in front of the New Orleans Bowl Committee you guys had 9000 in the seats with about 1000 being Cajun fans. That poor showing of fan support is a severe detractor for a bowl committee.
False, NO Bowl reps were not at that game and there were no where near 1,000 ULL fans. True that ULL would be selected over ULM for the NO Bowl.

Enjoy your success, but be civil about about it and more people might be willing to credit you for it.
10-21-2011 12:06 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Geeze........another ULL vs ULM food fight............03-melodramatic
10-21-2011 12:06 PM
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

(10-21-2011 12:06 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Geeze........another ULL vs ULM food fight............03-melodramatic

And look once again who starts this crap. The original poster asked a legitimate question and it turned into this
10-21-2011 12:08 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Without getting into the UL vs UL debate, here is the way it works

First Pick New Orleans Bowl. They can pick from any bowl eligible team

Second Pick Go Daddy Bowl They must select the champion if the NO bowl doesnt pick them. If the NO Bowl takes the champ, Go Daddy gets choice of all available bowl teams

Champion is only Belt team guaranteed a conference bowl tie in
10-21-2011 12:17 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

(10-21-2011 12:06 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  
(10-21-2011 12:03 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  

False, NO Bowl reps were not at that game and there were no where near 1,000 ULL fans. True that ULL would be selected over ULM for the NO Bowl.

Enjoy your success, but be civil about about it and more people might be willing to credit you for it.
According to our AD and play by play guy the NO Bowl committee were at the game.

I am civil, and my previous post was not meant to be a flame, but bowls are money makers for most cities so they want schools who brings the most fans and ULM has had problems in that department. Not a single ULM fan can dispute that fact, honestly I do not know what you guys can do to improve on your attendance either. Hopefully it works out for you guys, because it looks good for the conference.

If and this is a big if, the Cajuns can win the next two on the road, y'all come down to Lafayette and we will show you how it's done. 05-stirthepot
10-21-2011 12:18 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

(10-21-2011 12:17 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Second Pick Go Daddy Bowl They must select the champion if the NO bowl doesnt pick them. If the NO Bowl takes the champ, Go Daddy gets choice of all available bowl teams

Thank you for answering my question. That's honestly all I was wanting and was not wanting to start another fight. If that is the case, the I would agree that the Cajuns are a lock for the NOLA Bowl. And for the record, but Hotwire comment was not really a dig on the Cajuns, but a dig on the fact that they had already reserved there rooms with six games left in the season and a lot still on the table.
10-21-2011 12:28 PM
crawfish3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(10-21-2011 12:28 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

Thank you for answering my question. That's honestly all I was wanting and was not wanting to start another fight. If that is the case, the I would agree that the Cajuns are a lock for the NOLA Bowl. And for the record, but Hotwire comment was not really a dig on the Cajuns, but a dig on the fact that they had already reserved there rooms with six games left in the season and a lot still on the table.

I have not reserved a room yet, but I will if and when the Cajuns win another game; hopefully tommorow. I think 7 wins is a NO Orleans lock, not necessarily 6. There are still a lot of games to play but I like our chances at getting 8 or more wins.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 12:34 PM by crawfish3.)
10-21-2011 12:33 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Cajuns are just excited because they've never played in a FBS level bowl.

Cajun bowl history
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/...istory.php
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 12:38 PM by MG61.)
10-21-2011 12:36 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

(10-21-2011 12:36 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Cajuns are just excited because they've never played in a FBS level bowl.

Cajun bowl history
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/...istory.php

Neither have we. Been close a lot, but always blow it. Usually to the Cajuns.
10-21-2011 01:31 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(10-21-2011 11:46 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  

And you wonder why nobody likes ULL fans

And you wonder why everyone wants to get the hell away from ULM, major cry babies!
10-21-2011 05:11 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(10-21-2011 12:28 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

Once again playing ignorant! Yea it wasn't a dig, whatever.
10-21-2011 05:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.