Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NC Poll: 32% Approve of Pitt, Syracuse Joining ACC
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
NC Poll: 32% Approve of Pitt, Syracuse Joining ACC
10-16-2011 08:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

snowycuse Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: NC Poll: 32% Approve of Pitt, Syracuse Joining ACC
Too high for my liking...I want 100% of the ACC to be against us.
10-17-2011 12:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(10-17-2011 12:14 AM)snowycuse Wrote:  Too high for my liking...I want 100% of the ACC to be against us.

02-13-banana 02-13-banana

I agree 100%
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 07:59 AM by cuseroc.)
10-17-2011 07:59 AM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

32% in favor, 26% against. 42% not sure, which pretty much means they're not sports fans.
10-17-2011 08:01 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
welcome to the club....now you know how UC felt entering BE play
10-17-2011 10:53 AM
Advertisement

Topcard91 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU Pirates
I am surprised that ECU got 49%. PPP is a polling group out of Chapel Hill that tends to cater to a more liberal crowd. ECU is not your typical choice of left leaning folks. To have nearly half have a positive opinion of ECU is shocking.
10-17-2011 11:19 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(10-17-2011 11:19 AM)Topcard91 Wrote:  I am surprised that ECU got 49%. PPP is a polling group out of Chapel Hill that tends to cater to a more liberal crowd. ECU is not your typical choice of left leaning folks. To have nearly half have a positive opinion of ECU is shocking.

The way I read it...49% were in favor of ECU joining the Big East. Not surprising in my mind.
10-17-2011 01:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Topcard91 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU Pirates
To get half the people in Chapel Hill to even acknowledge something positive for ECU is amazing.
10-17-2011 01:48 PM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(10-17-2011 01:48 PM)Topcard91 Wrote:  To get half the people in Chapel Hill to even acknowledge something positive for ECU is amazing.

To get half the people in Chapel Hill to even acknowledge ECU is remarkable. Outside of the Triangle, very little exists in UNC's world.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 04:00 PM by DFW HOYA.)
10-17-2011 03:56 PM
Advertisement

dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
(10-17-2011 11:19 AM)Topcard91 Wrote:  I am surprised that ECU got 49%. PPP is a polling group out of Chapel Hill that tends to cater to a more liberal crowd. ECU is not your typical choice of left leaning folks. To have nearly half have a positive opinion of ECU is shocking.

PPP is highly regarded for the objectivity of their work. They are associated with the Democratic party but they don't conduct push polls or rig the questions to dictate the outcome. I'm not sure where you get the idea that they polled people of a particular political persuasion. The sample groups come from registered voters all over NC, Democrats, Republicans, unafiliated, old, young, black, white, rural, urban. It's a scientific survey. The physical location of the company has nothing to do with the results. Why wouldn't ECU going to the BE be viewed posiitively by a variety of people in the state? I don't think "liberal" has anything to do with it.
10-19-2011 11:04 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

(10-17-2011 01:48 PM)Topcard91 Wrote:  To get half the people in Chapel Hill to even acknowledge something positive for ECU is amazing.

You don't understand how polling works do you?03-banghead
10-19-2011 11:06 PM
Oh Really? Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-19-2011 11:04 PM)dawgitall Wrote:  

PPP is highly regarded for the objectivity of their work. They are associated with the Democratic party but they don't conduct push polls or rig the questions to dictate the outcome. I'm not sure where you get the idea that they polled people of a particular political persuasion. The sample groups come from registered voters all over NC, Democrats, Republicans, unafiliated, old, young, black, white, rural, urban. It's a scientific survey. The physical location of the company has nothing to do with the results. Why wouldn't ECU going to the BE be viewed posiitively by a variety of people in the state? I don't think "liberal" has anything to do with it.

If UNC and State thought ECU was a total waste of a game, they wouldn't schedule them home and away every other year. Nobody forces them to do so anymore. They do it on their own accord. Others have scheduled ECU home and home for years too like Syracuse, WVU, Virginia Tech, Miami and South Carolina who has renewed the series with the Pirates with two made for TV games in Charlotte, two in Columbia and one in Greenville. South Carolina has been to Greenville a few times in the past already. ECU has also played Duke, Wake Forest and Virginia in the past 6-7 years home and away.
It doesn't mean ECU is a world beater by any means, but that maybe they should be at least included. They have proven to be a good draw for home games in the Big East. ECU draws just over 50,000 per game in Greenville too now. To add 7,000 seats and immediately go from 43,000 per game to over 50,000 gives the Big East a guaranteed draw in the Mid Atlantic and a bridge to Florida. They have a Pennsylvania born basketball coach who started for North Carolina in Jeff Lebo. Basketball is getting to be a very serious deal in Greenville. Lebo turned down Penn State to stay here during the spring and just got a contract extension.

Nothing in college athletics would be more interesting than to see how ECU could blossom in a BCS setting. It's not like the ACC is going to come calling with four other schools already spread out over the state. I want the best for as many schools as possible who prove they can travel to bowls, fill the seats at home and have a recent history of winning conference titles in football.
That is what was asked of ECU and they did go out and do it so it would be nice to see them rewarded for that and have the validation of those
in the Big East. Both the hoop schools and football institutions. We all talk a lot of junk on these boards but this is important in our lives in Greenville. We have worked for this a very long time.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 11:54 PM by Oh Really?.)
10-19-2011 11:51 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
The ACC has just invited the counterweight voting block to Tobacco Road. The North Carolina schools will no longer be able to dictate to the rest of the conference (with other NC schools toeing UNC's line), unless they are all unanimous in their sentiments. It now takes a unanimous standing among all 4 Tobacco Road schools to veto anything. If only 3 are against something, it can still be overridden, if the rest of the schools vote as a block...

It used to be that it only took Duke and UNC being against something to stop it. Not anymore. And if the ACC ever goes to 16 schools, even if all 4 NC schools are against something, it could still pass with the required 75% vote, if all the other schools feel differently than the NC schools...

IMO the ACC is about to undergo a shift in their internal political landscape...
10-20-2011 08:57 AM
Advertisement

Oh Really? Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-20-2011 08:57 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  The ACC has just invited the counterweight voting block to Tobacco Road. The North Carolina schools will no longer be able to dictate to the rest of the conference (with other NC schools toeing UNC's line), unless they are all unanimous in their sentiments. It now takes a unanimous standing among all 4 Tobacco Road schools to veto anything. If only 3 are against something, it can still be overridden, if the rest of the schools vote as a block...

It used to be that it only took Duke and UNC being against something to stop it. Not anymore. And if the ACC ever goes to 16 schools, even if all 4 NC schools are against something, it could still pass with the required 75% vote, if all the other schools feel differently than the NC schools...

IMO the ACC is about to undergo a shift in their internal political landscape...

Great, now the ACC will soon be ruined too...
10-20-2011 10:39 AM
tj_2009 Offline
1st String

(10-20-2011 08:57 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  The ACC has just invited the counterweight voting block to Tobacco Road. The North Carolina schools will no longer be able to dictate to the rest of the conference (with other NC schools toeing UNC's line), unless they are all unanimous in their sentiments. It now takes a unanimous standing among all 4 Tobacco Road schools to veto anything. If only 3 are against something, it can still be overridden, if the rest of the schools vote as a block...

It will probably be good for the ACC if voices outside of North Carolina are listened too. Having more votes will dilute some of the North Carolina universities from dominating everything. I wonder how many people polled will be against adding Syracuse and Pittsburgh when they find out that they will be getting a hike from the TV contract from ESPN.
10-20-2011 11:09 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

People basically didn't care one way or the other. 42 % not sure = I don't care. 26 % opposed the additions. Pretty much anything you take a poll on is going to get about a quarter of the respondents voting against it.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 08:20 PM by dawgitall.)
10-21-2011 08:15 PM
ultraviolet Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(10-20-2011 10:39 AM)Oh Really? Wrote:  

Great, now the ACC will soon be ruined too...

One can only hope so.
10-22-2011 10:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.