Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN has changed their story at least 3 times
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
ESPN has changed their story at least 3 times
on the Boise and AFA news. Also their source is a western based conference commisioner. Don't think they might have a agenda do you.
10-15-2011 12:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
RE: ESPN has changed their story at least 3 times
(10-15-2011 12:05 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  on the Boise and AFA news. Also their source is a western based conference commisioner. Don't think they might have a agenda do you.

ESPN has been wrong so many times. Who cares what they say at this point. Just wait a couple of days and let it play it.

I will say this though, if Boise turn down an AQ invite I think they need to fire their AD. I doubt they will get this opportunity again anytime soon. AF I can see but Boise St would be nuts to turn it down.
10-15-2011 12:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(10-15-2011 12:18 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(10-15-2011 12:05 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  on the Boise and AFA news. Also their source is a western based conference commisioner. Don't think they might have a agenda do you.

ESPN has been wrong so many times. Who cares what they say at this point. Just wait a couple of days and let it play it.

I will say this though, if Boise turn down an AQ invite I think they need to fire their AD. I doubt they will get this opportunity again anytime soon. AF I can see but Boise St would be nuts to turn it down.

The problem is the fact that it is not as simple as an AQ invite....If that invite was coming from the Pac 12 or the Big 12 they would accept right away. The issues surrounding the Big East make it a little more complicated for them. I think when it comes down to it they will probably join but there are some obvious issues they need to discuss first.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2011 12:36 AM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
10-15-2011 12:35 AM
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.

Hi guys, Bronco Fan here. First off I really hope BSU gets and invite and accepts the damm thing, it's crazy to me to think they would not. Second, we don't have an AD right now. He was let go and it was speculated the reason was the infractions that took place. Those infractions were incoming freshman sleeping on upperclassmen's beds for summer workouts for the football team, and more serious infractions with the womens tennis team and track and field. Seems bush leage to me but it is what it is.

Cheers
10-15-2011 12:58 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
(10-15-2011 12:35 AM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  

The problem is the fact that it is not as simple as an AQ invite....If that invite was coming from the Pac 12 or the Big 12 they would accept right away. The issues surrounding the Big East make it a little more complicated for them. I think when it comes down to it they will probably join but there are some obvious issues they need to discuss first.

Regardless what happens to the remaining football schools, it is still worth it just to play in an AQ conference. BE will not lose its AQ bid for until 2016 assuming BCS is renewed past 2014. Boise will get a chance to help build the new conference if they are part of it. I just don't see any future in whatever merger between MWC/CUSA.
10-15-2011 12:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EDLUVAR Offline
1st String

I Root For: Boise St.
(10-15-2011 12:59 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(10-15-2011 12:35 AM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  

Regardless what happens to the remaining football schools, it is still worth it just to play in an AQ conference. BE will not lose its AQ bid for until 2016 assuming BCS is renewed past 2014. Boise will get a chance to help build the new conference if they are part of it. I just don't see any future in whatever merger between MWC/CUSA.
From a competative standpoint a conferance consisting of: Cin, WVU (if navy comes) AF, BSU, HOU, SMU is exciting to me. Thats some good football right there. Is that how the conference would work out?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2011 01:05 AM by EDLUVAR.)
10-15-2011 01:04 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
more attempts to make the Big East look bad....that is their agenda. We all know they hooked up with the ACC to destroy us after we told them to stick their offer up their butt.
10-15-2011 06:55 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Maybe I'm a crazy optomist, but I can't imagine the league would publicly send invites without already knowing what the answer is. If they have, then someone needs fired.

Jackson
10-15-2011 07:12 AM
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
The more I read, the more I feel like this 03-nutkick

Note: I feel like the yellow guy
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2011 07:44 AM by General Mike.)
10-15-2011 07:18 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(10-15-2011 07:12 AM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  Maybe I'm a crazy optomist, but I can't imagine the league would publicly send invites without already knowing what the answer is. If they have, then someone needs fired.

Jackson

Well Jackson....

1. Marionnato is a true idiot in over his head (he should be like, the A10 Commish....not the commish over a BCS football conferenece).

2. The Big East is desparate.

Hope you are right....
10-15-2011 07:36 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
As long as we remain in this hybrid, allowing schools with no interest in our future the ability to determine our future, we will be vulnerable, looked down upon, and ridiculed. You'd think some of us would have figured that out by now. But I guess it's not to be... 03-banghead
10-15-2011 08:18 AM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-15-2011 08:18 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  As long as we remain in this hybrid, allowing schools with no interest in our future the ability to determine our future, we will be vulnerable, looked down upon, and ridiculed. You'd think some of us would have figured that out by now. But I guess it's not to be... 03-banghead

Ok so tell me the 12 all sports league you would make right now that would be stronger than the 12 football schools proposed and wont kill us in the nonfootball side with travel and weakness
10-15-2011 08:20 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Okay, Carlos, since you asked. Here's the conference I'd create...

West Virginia
Louisville
Cincinnati
Rutgers
Connecticut
South Florida
Central Florida

Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Texas Tech
Texas Christian

Take all the schools from The BEast and Big XII that are most at risk in the realignment shuffle, merge them all together, and tell Texas, Oklahoma, and Mizzou to go screw themselves, or find another conference - if they can. All the schools currently at risk of being left out of the realignment picture have a safe and secure conference, and the schools wanting to change their conference are free to do so, if they can find a place that wants them. Everybody is happy...

That conference beats anything Marinatto is going to be able to pull off, and it's a real all-sports conference. If you'd like to go to 16 teams, to ensure against anything happening in the future, you can always add one school to each division. There are plenty of choices that would suffice for that purpose...
10-15-2011 08:44 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
LOL not fair because half the schools you mentioned are not interested in coming aboard and rather stay with Texas and OU and being their Bit**** So we couldnt make that league happen right now
10-15-2011 08:47 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

That's because everyone assumes they want to be Texas' and Oklahoma's whipping posts, and nobody has the guts to explore any other possibilities...
10-15-2011 08:50 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-15-2011 08:50 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  That's because everyone assumes they want to be Texas' and Oklahoma's whipping posts, and nobody has the guts to explore any other possibilities...

Disagree with you there buddy. They had a chance and they chose to stay in Big12 with their two pimps. They were ready to join when they thought they were being left but once OU and Texas decided to stay that move was ended.
10-15-2011 08:52 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

That was Kansas, Kansas State, and Mizzou, and the reason they didn't want to join The BEast was because the football schools were not willing to commit to leaving the non-football schools to create an all-sports conference. Had we split then, the conference would have been...

Connecticut
Syracuse
Rutgers
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
South Florida
Texas Christian
Missouri
Kansas
Kansas State

But the football schools decided they'd be better served remaining with the non-football schools, and this conference didn't happen. Now guess which schools favored splitting, and which schools were against splitting to form this conference...
10-15-2011 09:02 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Ok we will have to disagree, but no I dont believe that those schools were willing to make that choice with OU and UT around. What you are talking about was when they though that they were being left behind by Pac12 expansion and were talking about joining with the Big East schools.
10-15-2011 09:05 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Had we split and invited them at the time Texas was originally flirting with the Pac Tin, they'd have joined, which would have forced Texas hand...
10-15-2011 09:16 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-15-2011 09:16 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Had we split and invited them at the time Texas was originally flirting with the Pac Tin, they'd have joined, which would have forced Texas hand...

Well we wont find out if it would had worked or not. So argueing on it is pointless now
10-15-2011 09:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.