Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mooochelle racks up another Half million dollars plus for a vacation to Africa
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Mooochelle racks up another Half million dollars plus for a vacation to Africa
Perhaps this was the reason for Moochelle and the Target photo-op... with this information about to be disclosed...

I can't wait until January 2013 when the total travel expense for the entire Obama entourage will become available.

How much does it cost taxpayers to fly First Lady Michelle Obama, her two daughters and her mother, a niece and a nephew, a hairstylist and makeup artists to South Africa and Botswana to give a few speeches, meet Nelson Mandela, and enjoy a safari on a private game preserve?

Nearly half a million dollars, according to documents obtained by Judicial Watch via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) concerning Obama's June 21-27 journey.

Judicial Watch said the U.S. Air Force provided a C-32 - a Boeing 757 modified by the military for the purpose of flying big-wigs around the world - to fly the First Lady and her entourage to and from Africa, at a cost of $424,142. Another $928.44 was listed as the cost of providing 192 meals for the 21 people who made the trip

The Obama daughters were listed on the manifest as "senior staff."
03-lmfao

“This trip was as much an opportunity for the Obama family to go on a safari as it was a trip to conduct government business,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “This junket wasted tax dollars and the resources of our overextended military. No wonder we had to sue to pry loose this information.”

The documents made public by Judicial Watch do not include the total of all costs for the First Lady's trip, such as expenses for security, transportation on the ground and so forth. For more information, go here.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/
10-05-2011 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Mooochelle racks up another Half million dollars plus for a vacation to Africa
Keep in mind that figure only deals with the flights. Not the cost of their lodging or what they did while there, including the safari they took that was so critical for advancing American relations with South Africa. 03-zzz

Every African American may not be able to get reparations, but by god Moochelle and her kids will get theirs. She'll see to that.
10-05-2011 08:41 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Mooochelle racks up another Half million dollars plus for a vacation to Africa
Yeah, I love the daughters being listed as senior staff.

Transparent, ethical government folks.
10-05-2011 08:45 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
A 737 for Moochelle, her kid, and her Secret Service detail? She ever think it would be cheaper to fly little brother into DC on Delta, even seat him in First Class, and put him up at the White House if she wants to see him? 05-nono

Michelle Obama Takes Secret Vacation to Oregon

by Keith Koffler on August 9, 2011, 12:36 pm

First Lady Michelle Obama Slipped out of Washington unnoticed Monday for a secret trip to visit her brother, Oregon State University men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson, at his home on Corvallis, Ore.

Mrs. Obama reportedly jetted into the Eugene Airport, landing at about 11 am PDT. She and family members then headed out in a 11 vehicle motorcade for the ride to Corvallis.

The White House has so far said little about the trip, which was unannounced. It’s unclear how long the vacation will last.

Mrs. Obama and family members flew on a Boeing C-40B, the military version of a 737 that serves as Air Force 2.

Mrs. Obama has in the past incurred criticism for her travels, including an early departure for her most recent Hawaiian vacation and a luxurious 2010 trip to Spain. Most of the costs of her travel are borne by taxpayers.

The C-40B included a flight crew of eight to 10 people, according to one report. Mrs. Obama is traveling with one of her daughters – it’s unclear which one – and her mother.

President Obama remains on his own in Washington, where today he is headed over to Dover Air Force Base to honor the fallen soldiers who died in a Taliban attack on their chopper Saturday.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/08...on-oregon/
10-05-2011 09:07 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Spending other peoples money. Revenge is sweet, for zero's lady.
10-05-2011 12:20 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(10-05-2011 08:45 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Yeah, I love the daughters being listed as senior staff.

They probably have the best ideas
10-05-2011 01:49 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Why are we paying for her? She wasn't elected to anything.
10-05-2011 02:18 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
Please don't stoop to Roberts level and call her out for her weight, stick to the fact that she is wasting OUR money!
10-05-2011 02:21 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
10-05-2011 04:39 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(10-05-2011 04:39 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And now, the rest of the story

So in your bizzaro world, this trip hourly costs for using the plane should not be figured in. Because the queen and the princesses were on board.

You are so full of sh!t. The WH says eat the puke we serve up and you lick and suck it up. Happily.
10-05-2011 05:46 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
In Fairness, Tom... just like a businessman deducting the cost of visiting his son at school because he also visited a few clients while he was there... Just about EVERYTHING she does could be counted as an "official state function". She goes to Hawaii on the taxpayer dime... visits the Arizona... official visit. Visits a pineapple farm... official... Has dinner, she invites the Governors wife and children so its official... Goes for a hike up a Volcano, well, she has to pay for that on her own. A vacation that would cost you and I $200,000 to fly first class with our entourage costs her $500.

In an environment where the President is seeking to eliminate "loopholes" and "government subsidies" like deducting legitimate business expenses like these for corporations, it seems hypocritical for her and the girls to LITERALLY be traveling the world "in style" on the taxpayer dime. 11 limos in Oregon? Really??
10-05-2011 06:01 PM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I’ve come out many a time and stated that criticizing the President and his family for vacation time and cost is barking up the wrong tree; I still do believe that this is not a hill that conservatives should look to die on…..

It is important to win the war, not just the battles.

But 11 security vehicles for the First Lady? WTF? When I worked advance, we would have one police car, one SUV or a Crown Vic with the governor, maybe one additional vehicle with other staff, and a trailing vehicle with communications gear but only if we were going a longer distance or in a more remote area

So a four vehicle convoy for the Governor of the State of Illinois - a man who is the CEO of a State, and the proto-Commander in Chief of the Illinois National Guard.

What responsibilities does the First Lady have that require an 11 person security detail?

Here is my guess. I could be 100% right or 100% wrong, as I don't have and never did have a lot of visibility to Federal advance work...
  • 1. Local police
  • 2. Local police
  • 3. Secret Service
  • 4. First Lady
  • 5. Staff
  • 6. Secret Service
  • 7. Local Police
  • 8. Local Police
  • 9. Press?
  • 10. ????
  • 11. ????
10-06-2011 08:42 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I agree about the focus LS, but you have to imagine that given the hatred for this lady for really ludicrious reasons, that I'm guessing she gets quite a lot of threats made against her. Lord, the vitriol on this site alone towards her is pretty intense.
10-06-2011 08:57 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(10-06-2011 08:57 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I agree about the focus LS, but you have to imagine that given the hatred for this lady for really ludicrious reasons, that I'm guessing she gets quite a lot of threats made against her. Lord, the vitriol on this site alone towards her is pretty intense.

...and yet no violence has ever broken out at a Tea Party gathering. Hell, no one's even been arrested. To date, over 770 have been arrested at Wall Street.

Violence is a leftist tactic. When we get to that point, it's not violence, it's war. 05-stirthepot
10-06-2011 09:00 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-06-2011 08:42 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I’ve come out many a time and stated that criticizing the President and his family for vacation time and cost is barking up the wrong tree; I still do believe that this is not a hill that conservatives should look to die on…..

It speaks to a larger narrative for me. It shows how grossly out of touch they are with what is going on in America today. It speaks to an arrogance and a sense of entitlement that radiates from both of them.

I agree a lot of time shouldn't be spent on one particular incident. But highlighting them when they happen helps reinforce the larger narrative. It's not just Obama's policies that need to be highlighted but also the worldview from which they come.
10-06-2011 09:16 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

04-17-2017 02:30 PM
Advertisement

swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(10-05-2011 08:32 AM)WoodlandsOwl Wrote:  Perhaps this was the reason for Moochelle and the Target photo-op... with this information about to be disclosed...

I can't wait until January 2013 when the total travel expense for the entire Obama entourage will become available.

How much does it cost taxpayers to fly First Lady Michelle Obama, her two daughters and her mother, a niece and a nephew, a hairstylist and makeup artists to South Africa and Botswana to give a few speeches, meet Nelson Mandela, and enjoy a safari on a private game preserve?

Nearly half a million dollars, according to documents obtained by Judicial Watch via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) concerning Obama's June 21-27 journey.

Judicial Watch said the U.S. Air Force provided a C-32 - a Boeing 757 modified by the military for the purpose of flying big-wigs around the world - to fly the First Lady and her entourage to and from Africa, at a cost of $424,142. Another $928.44 was listed as the cost of providing 192 meals for the 21 people who made the trip

The Obama daughters were listed on the manifest as "senior staff."
03-lmfao

“This trip was as much an opportunity for the Obama family to go on a safari as it was a trip to conduct government business,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “This junket wasted tax dollars and the resources of our overextended military. No wonder we had to sue to pry loose this information.”

The documents made public by Judicial Watch do not include the total of all costs for the First Lady's trip, such as expenses for security, transportation on the ground and so forth. For more information, go here.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/

Dammit! All Obama does is spend our money on vacations and golf! 03-lmfao
04-17-2017 02:35 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
I will provide 3 rep points to the merciful soul that goes into the depths of the spin room and bumps every thread bitching about PBO's travel
04-17-2017 03:07 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-17-2017 03:07 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  I will provide 3 rep points to the merciful soul that goes into the depths of the spin room and bumps every thread bitching about PBO's travel

they've been warned about that AFTER the election....

it got to the point of ad nauseam.....which is the nausea the last 8 years gave too many of us....
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 03:10 PM by stinkfist.)
04-17-2017 03:10 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
I guess RWT hasn't heard about the bumping of old threads being forbidden. But then RWT plays by a different set of rules than us "righties".
04-17-2017 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.