Thread Closed 
From the other Board...Didn't realize Ives were
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Quoting Murph's post at the other board:
Quote:NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) --

Yale will travel to West Point's Michie Stadium in 2010, the first time the two teams have met since 1996, the two schools announced Tuesday. The teams will meet again in West Point in 2012.

"The Yale-Army series has a glamorous tradition and we are thrilled to have it back," Tom Beckett, Yale's athletic director said Tuesday.

The teams have met 45 times, with Yale holding a 21-16-8 advantage. Yale beat Army 28-0 in the first game between the two schools in 1893. The last time the two teams met, in 1996, Army beat Yale 39-13.

Someone else mentioned that they didn't feel that Ivies have alumni bases that would support games against non-Ivy opponents thus the lack of 1-As on Ivy schedules. Now this is something I disagree with to an extent. Princeton alumni would definitely show up en masse to a Rutgers - Princeton game. Actually as lackluster as the game may sound it would probably get picked up at least by CSTV or ESPNU in National Coverage because for the first time in 25 years the oldest Football rivalry in the country would be active again.
07-11-2005 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

I always thought that the best home for Army and Navy would be the Ivy League. However, I doubt that the Ivy Leage will ever expand.
07-11-2005 02:52 PM
JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The Ivy League schools may play whomever they want. However, they play a maximum of ten games per year, which limits opportunities.
07-12-2005 02:55 AM
Advertisement

Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

Also, they don't have the financial need to schedule a payday game against a 1A opponent, which is why you don't see them very often.
07-12-2005 12:29 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Murph1 Wrote:Also, they don't have the financial need to schedule a payday game against a 1A opponent, which is why you don't see them very often.
Agreed, but we may yet see a one-off or two between Rutgers and Princeton should we need a 1-AA to fill the schedule, which would satisfy me for now.
07-12-2005 03:31 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.