Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Louisville is not favor to represent BE in BCS
SO#1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Connecticut

<a href='http://www.cfbnews.com/2005/Bowls/BowlDates.htm' target='_blank'>Too early for that</a>

TOYOTA GATOR BOWL - Jacksonville, Florida
January 2, 2006, at 12:30 p.m. ET NBC
Alltel Stadium: 77,228
ACC No. 2 vs. Big East No. 2 or Notre Dame
<span style='color:blue'>CFN Projection: Florida State vs. Louisville </span>
also considered: Boston College, Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, West Virginia

NOKIA SUGAR BOWL - New Orleans, Louisiana
January 1, 2006, at 8:30 p.m. ET ABC
Louisiana Superdome 75,000
BCS (SEC Champion if not in national title) vs. BCS
CFN Projection: <span style='color:blue'>Tennessee vs. Pittsburgh</span>
also considered: Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Louisville, Michigan, Ohio State

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL - Charlotte, North Carolina
December 31, 2005, at 11 a.m. ET ESPN2
Bank of America Stadium: 73,367
ACC vs. Big East
CFN Projection: North Carolina State vs. Connecticut
also considered: Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia

INSIGHT BOWL - Phoenix, Arizona
December 27, 2005, ESPN
Bank One Ballpark: 42,915
Pac-10 No. 4 vs. Big East No. 2 or 3
CFN Projection: Oregon vs. West Virginia
also considered: California, Oregon State, UCLA, Washington State, Connecticut, Louisville, Pittsburgh
07-11-2005 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

I saw that and was some what surprised. I would think Pitt would experience some growing pains with a new coach. Coach Wannstedt has been quietly putting together the best recruiting class so far.

Not talking smack but isn't UConn supposed to be rebuilding this year?

It's hard to pick the 4 representatives from the BE that will go bowling this year but I am thinking UL, WVA, Pitt and possibly Notre Dame (although it would be better if ND got a game outside one of the conference bowl games)
07-11-2005 02:40 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

I think Louisville should be dropped in LSU's spot. Pitt sounds about right where it is though.
07-11-2005 03:17 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

It would not shock me if Pitt won the Big East. While I think Louisville is a legit Top 10 squad I really believe that Pitt is a legit Top 12 to 15 squad with the potential to blossom into a Top 10 squad as well. I don't think the new coaching staff will have as much of an effect as people think. Then again, it did effect UC early on last year and UC had a veteran, talent-ladened squad.
07-11-2005 04:24 PM
Pitinoville Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That from the same website that had UofL preseason ranked #28. They suck.
07-11-2005 04:42 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Pitinoville Wrote:That from the same website that had UofL preseason ranked #28. They suck.
That is also true. . .
07-11-2005 04:46 PM
Advertisement

Yuleofell Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I for one, would not complain about a Gator Bowl bid at all. If UL did go to the Gator, I bet we would send no less than 15,000 fans and get massive TV ratings as well. This might be a good thing for the Big East as a conference.

On the other hand, I still think we are the comference favorite for most experts. The real strength of UL is the offensive line. It is really hard to stop a team with a good offensive line, powerful running backs, and fast recivers that can catch the ball.
07-11-2005 05:34 PM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

I don't want to sound like an arrogant fan. Because Pitt IS a legit contender for the BCS slot no if ands or buts about it. However :) I do think that CFN is just trying to be "different" and they are banking that Louisville will choke in the face of the media pressure, because let's face it Louisville under John L. Smith was known for that and we did lose to Miami in a game we should have won. But I honestly think that Louisville should be rightfully favored to win the BE this year due to last years finish, the returning coaching staff and the players. But agian that is no slight to the rest of the BE it is going to be a tough road for whoever goes to the BCS bowl.

And as far as Louisville fans are concerned anything bowl in Florida is a welcome change to Memphis and Mobile, though both cities were nice to bowl in.
07-11-2005 05:46 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

it could very well play out that way, but I don't think so. Things never go the way we expect.

It would not surprise me if WVU beat both Louisville and Pitt at home, but lost to Syracuse on the road, and another road game against either Cincy, USF or Rutgers. That would really make things interesting, heh.

I think the NBE is a very balanced league, and while Pitt and UL have to be the favorites going in, I could easily see WVU or Syracuse sneaking into the BCS bid.

Let the games begin, dammit!!! 04-cheers
07-11-2005 06:30 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Guess who's going or guess who this writer predicts is going. It's just one prediction among many...probably a good prediction too. If everyone and their mother are putting their money on the favorite, I'd go for the underdog too. If it pans out that way, you look like a genius. If the favorite wins...so what, they were supposed to anyway.
07-11-2005 07:15 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

04-cheers I glad we determine this by playing football! That crap will change a 1,000 times during the season.
07-11-2005 08:22 PM
Advertisement

JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

One disappointing note is that only 4 BE teams were picked to go to bowl games. Last year, we had 5, and CIN and LOU went from cusa. With BC gone, I would think that we should have at least five.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
"It's hard to pick the 4 representatives from the BE that will go bowling this year but I am thinking UL, WVA, Pitt and possibly Notre Dame."

In response to this quote, all I can say is that ND may take a spot, but they will not be a BE representative.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

" It would not surprise me if WVU beat both Louisville and Pitt at home, but lost to Syracuse on the road, and another road game against either Cincy, USF or Rutgers. That would really make things interesting, heh. "

This is an excellent point by wvucrazed. Although LOU and PITT are pundit favorites right now, WVU actually has 2 key games at home. Believe me, they play good ball.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But the truth boils down to what wilkie implies. Games will be decided on the turf, not by the media. If we're using the same conference criteria as last year, I think the best BCS ranking will determine our BCS rep.

Jim
07-12-2005 02:12 AM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS

Pitt vs. Tennessee would be a bigger slaughter than Pitt vs. Utah.......
07-12-2005 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

I think Big East needs 1 win the BCS. All those years when Miami went did nothing but add to the perception Big east was weak.

If Pitt vs Tenn/Texas/USC then I can accept a lose , just don't let the game turn into a massacre
07-12-2005 02:36 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

HoopDreams Wrote:Pitt vs. Tennessee would be a bigger slaughter than Pitt vs. Utah.......
Well, then, who would be able to put up a better game from CUSA?
We will probably never know.
07-12-2005 05:17 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

CFN has a hard on for UofL. This is the same web site that predicted UL Lafayette to beat us in the NCAA Tournament. They just want to be different.

With saying that I would not be surprised if Pitt won the Big East, they have a very good football team.
07-12-2005 05:40 PM
Advertisement

Orlaco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Guys, this link gives a good perspective of all the major mag predictions. In time it will have them all with rankings averaged out.

Save the link and it will keep you up to date on what the nation thinks about the BE.

<a href='http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2005.html' target='_blank'>http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2005.html</a>

It has mag predictions back to '94 if you search. Soon it will have all the major mag predictions for this year.
07-12-2005 06:57 PM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS

cuseroc Wrote:
HoopDreams Wrote:Pitt vs. Tennessee would be a bigger slaughter than Pitt vs. Utah.......
Tell you what, would love to play Syracuse in football for the next decade.......

I also guess we will see who will put up a better showing when Memphis travels to Tennessee this year......we might win, we might lose, but we won't get trounced like Pitt did against Utah....
07-13-2005 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

HoopDreams Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
Tell you what, would love to play Syracuse in football for the next decade.......

I also guess we will see who will put up a better showing when Memphis travels to Tennessee this year......we might win, we might lose, but we won't get trounced like Pitt did against Utah....
I think you will, maybe even worse. Surely, you are not trying to say that Memphis is a better team than Pitt. Please tell me thats not what you are trying to say. :laugh: Cuse would pound Memphis as well.. Memphis is not that good. Just watch what happens this year. I am sure that SU will have a better season playing a much tougher schedule. I know Pitt will. :snore:
07-13-2005 06:44 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

cuseroc Wrote:
HoopDreams Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

I think you will, maybe even worse. Surely, you are not trying to say that Memphis is a better team than Pitt. Please tell me thats not what you are trying to say. :laugh: Cuse would pound Memphis as well.. Memphis is not that good. Just watch what happens this year. I am sure that SU will have a better season playing a much tougher schedule. I know Pitt will. :snore:
I will give Memphis this, they just might have the best RB in college football and a likely NFL Top 10 draftee in DeAngelo Williams.
07-13-2005 07:05 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.