Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
How many fans would BE teams bring to a NYC bowl??
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

Big East vs big 10 in NYC

Uconn= 30K+
RU= 30K+
WVU= 40K+
SU=35K+
Pitt = 35K+
UL = 25K
UC= ????
USF=????

If the Big East ever did I think Big 10 would be best
07-16-2005 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

UC would bring all 25 of their fans.
07-16-2005 12:43 PM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown

It really depends on three things:

1. What stadium would host this? The Meadowlands (new or old)? The as yet undetermined Jets Stadium?

2. When would it be held? If not slotted on New Year's (where there are too many already), it would most likely be a weekday where the fans are not going to travel in the same numbers.

3. What will the weather be like? Unless there's a dome, it's going to be tough to see 40,000 fans drive up the Turnpike for 28 degrees on a Jersey night.

It "almost" makes more sense to move the Liberty Bowl back to Philadelphia and play it there.
07-16-2005 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State

I don't see 35K+ Cuse fans traveling. I'd say 20K tops.
07-16-2005 02:23 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Bearcats#1 Wrote:UC would bring all 25 of their fans.
Nice job of standing up for the program. :rolleyes: For the record, we sent like 6,000 to Fort Worth Texas and 2,000 to 3,000 when we traveled to West Virginia 2 years ago.
07-17-2005 07:20 AM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX

in case anybody intrested, thier were 38,000 people at garden city bowl in 1979 Temple vs California
07-17-2005 09:54 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Cat's_Claw Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:UC would bring all 25 of their fans.
Nice job of standing up for the program. :rolleyes: For the record, we sent like 6,000 to Fort Worth Texas and 2,000 to 3,000 when we traveled to West Virginia 2 years ago.
Just some humor there.....just some humor.

Go CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-18-2005 03:59 PM
Advertisement

USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Even I can't tell you how USF's attendance will be...I don't have the money for the trip, seeing as how im still in college with a buffer in my account of about $100.

The real issue is that we have yet to go to a bowl, though we were absolutely, totally and utterly SCREWED after the 02 season when we went 9-2. I assume attendance for our first bowl would be decent, as alot of our alumi and doners have been looking forward to it for a long time.
07-18-2005 04:40 PM
SUinOhio Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Syracuse would do very well with a NYC bowl. A large % of alumni are in the NYC/Northern NJ area. So it would be a different crowd than in the Carrier dome(Central New Yorkers). Similar to the high SU attendance for the Big East Basketball tournament at MSG. Its the local alumni that go rather than fans driving down from Syracuse at least in large part.

I still wish UConn and Rutgers would have continued the early morning thanksgiving game. At least for a few more years.
07-20-2005 07:40 PM
CardFANATIC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL, Neb,OM, EWU

SUinOhio, with this in mind could it maybe be beneficial for SU to maybe try and play a game every year in the Meadowlands? Any idea how that would draw?
07-20-2005 07:52 PM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

CardFANATIC Wrote:SUinOhio, with this in mind could it maybe be beneficial for SU to maybe try and play a game every year in the Meadowlands? Any idea how that would draw?
It wouldn't be allowed simply because George Zoffinger who heads up the NJSEA also sits on the Rutgers Board of Governors. Bob Mulcahy our AD is the former head of the NJSEA and therefore has quite a bit of pull over there.
07-21-2005 01:01 PM
SUinOhio Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think a game in meadowlands would do very well with Syracuse. I know the new stadium in manhattan seems like a dead end, but I have heard about a stadium out in queens (lower costs) as a possibility. SU would be smart to get a annual game there. Sort of a smaller version of Arkansas playing in both Little Rock and Fayetteville. I know both Penn State and ND would like the idea of that (both with large followings in the area) and both have games scheduled with SU.
07-24-2005 11:00 AM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

Only two games would draw in an annual contest in NJ: SU vs ND or PSU

Rutgers and UConn would be decent draws, also.

A bowl game in NYC under a Dome would be a big deal. I'd say it would initially be just behind the Gator/Sun Bowl. It would have the potential to become a New Year's Day Game.
07-24-2005 12:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

TexanMark Wrote:Only two games would draw in an annual contest in NJ: SU vs ND or PSU

A bowl game in NYC under a Dome would be a big deal. I'd say it would initially be just behind the Gator/Sun Bowl. It would have the potential to become a New Year's Day Game.
And in order for it to have any sort of cache, it really should be against a Big Ten school or some other BCS conference.
07-24-2005 12:53 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Murph1 Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:Only two games would draw in an annual contest in NJ: SU vs ND or PSU

A bowl game in NYC under a Dome would be a big deal.  I'd say it would initially be just behind the Gator/Sun Bowl.  It would have the potential to become a New Year's Day Game.
And in order for it to have any sort of cache, it really should be against a Big Ten school or some other BCS conference.
Naturally, but the Big Ten would be optimal since the Big Ten is a big draw in the northeast.
07-24-2005 01:29 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.