Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Glad to be in the ACC
Bookmark and Share
Striker28 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Pitt
Wink Glad to be in the ACC
I think everyone will be happy with what Pitt brings to the ACC in basketball. The Pete has a very active student section and an occasionally active "adult" section. We will be as physical as the refs let us. Become accustomed to seeing kids on the floor and getting ticked off because a ref did not call a foul. We will push that as far as we can. We love hitting the boards and sometimes I think our coach would rather out rebound you than win. Our Coach may aggravate you, but not quite like Boeheim. I believe we will compete and we aren't afraid of going into enemy territory and taking a team down.

Football...a different story. Most of us still live back in 1976. Until the team consistently wins the passion will be mostly lukewarm.

Can't wait to get there.
09-20-2011 04:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

RE: Glad to be in the ACC
I think our football program is about to take some steps forward. We've been slowly progressing over the past few years (multiple 9+ win seasons). Graham is the right guy for this job. I don't like his defense at all but I hope that when he gets guys who are more conducive to his style and the players he already has are more accustomed to it that we will flourish. Remember - it's not the yards we give up on defense that really matter because this offense is going to score points. It's keeping the other team out of the end zone and out of rhythm.

As far as basketball, same old, same old. I think the ACC will be just as good as the Big East was for us and I don't see any negative correlation to joining.
09-20-2011 07:41 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I'm a little concerned with the defense but I think it has more with the offense. When we catch a few 3 and outs in a row, the defense gets worn out.

As for the ACC, it'll be a different opportunity no doubt. On the football side its going to be great to play VT and Miami again. Hopefully this puts our recruiting on an even higher level than before. Its going to be a fun ride.
09-20-2011 07:50 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I agree about the offense. One of the big problems is Sunseri missing easy throws and this has led to some missed opportunities and three and outs. If he hits the open receiver on that 4th down play we win that football game at Iowa. If he doesn't fumble the snap near the goal line we have a chance at a TD. If he doesn't throw that INT near the red zone we have a chance at even more points.

It's not all his fault. He really does have a knack for making the worst possible mistakes, though. I think that his deep ball is always going to be bad, too. I just don't see it changing.

You are correct about the defense being tired. They played the best game possible in the first three quarters or so on Saturday only to give all the points back in the 4th quarter. Against a team who scores quicker we may have more of a chance. Unfortunately, I think that ND is going to be a real challenge to this defense because we had a really hard time covering any WR this year. Floyd has got to be licking his chops.
09-20-2011 08:04 PM
Advertisement

ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
Totally agree.

Sunseri's first INT was killer. The fact the he himself felt that was his best game ever was a little scary for me. I actually understand the concept of keeping the pedal in the metal in the 4th. Had a shot of blowing them out but let them back in the game. I think its all a learning experience and the team will get better as the season progresses.
09-20-2011 08:12 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-20-2011 07:41 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  I think our football program is about to take some steps forward.

Rivals has Pitt currently listed for next year as a top 40 recruiting class. So maybe some HS players are getting excited to play for your coach and/or in the ACC (I see he has already observed that conference affect by comments he has made).

Looking forward to our first ACC conference game!
10-28-2011 05:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(10-28-2011 05:04 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(09-20-2011 07:41 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  I think our football program is about to take some steps forward.

Rivals has Pitt currently listed for next year as a top 40 recruiting class. So maybe some HS players are getting excited to play for your coach and/or in the ACC (I see he has already observed that conference affect by comments he has made).

Looking forward to our first ACC conference game!

Thx man. We had some great games back in the Big East. I think our recruiting will improve once the season is over and Graham and company hits the trail. Landing RB Shell was a must get for Graham.
10-28-2011 12:28 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
UC is now 2-0 vs the acc this year. Good luck in the acc - maybe you can win a conf for once!
11-05-2011 10:48 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(11-05-2011 10:48 PM)bearcatmill Wrote:  UC is now 2-0 vs the acc this year. Good luck in the acc - maybe you can win a conf for once!
Don't get TOO happy, Bearcats... you play Va Tech next year!
(how'd that work out for you last time?). Get ready for your spanking!
11-06-2011 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
Get used to mediocrity in football for the foreseeable future.
11-07-2011 01:08 PM
Advertisement

AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
I'm looking forward to the assumed rivalry (assuming Maryland can get its act together for next (?) season...)

Pittsburgh v. Baltimore, the battle continues
11-07-2011 02:25 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(11-07-2011 01:08 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  Get used to mediocrity in football for the foreseeable future.

Cool...
11-07-2011 03:28 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

(11-07-2011 01:08 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  Get used to mediocrity in football for the foreseeable future.

[Image: haters_gonna_hate_by_genshihebi-d36bgfk.gif]
11-07-2011 08:28 PM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(11-07-2011 02:25 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  I'm looking forward to the assumed rivalry (assuming Maryland can get its act together for next (?) season...)

Pittsburgh v. Baltimore, the battle continues

Me too. I've perused the WVU Scout board for conference realignment/Big12, and they've had a number of their fans start threads and opine on how WVU should drop Pitt from their future OOC schedules and concentrate on making UMD a protected annual OOC rivalry in order to get access to the DC/MD/VA recruiting region. I would LOL if UMD decided that it no longer wants to play WVU annually anymore. I find it funny the arrogance their fan base has in assuming that they hold all the power regarding who they will keep or drop from their OOC schedules. Last time I checked, it the "other" school will make scheduling decisions too.
11-08-2011 10:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.