Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: How will you be getting to Soldier Field?
Vehicle
Train
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
How many of you are taking public transportation?
Bookmark and Share
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
How many of you are taking public transportation?
I will be taking the Union Pacific NW line from Harvard on Saturday. Much cheaper than driving since weekend passes are only 6 or 7 dollars I believe. The train from Harvard takes just under 2 hours, but a little booze will make it fly right by. Anyone else riding the train into Chicago?
09-14-2011 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: How many of you are taking public transportation?
I voted other because I am driving to Chicago from Central Ohio and staying at a hotel. My wife and I will either walk or take a cab (probably walk). I have zero sympathy for people who have bitched about ticket prices.

If you want NIU to become a legit FBS program, get out there and support your team!
09-14-2011 02:27 PM
Doggone Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Taking the Blue Line in, then catching the Green Line to Roosevelt. Walking from there.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 02:32 PM by Doggone.)
09-14-2011 02:31 PM
DoubleHuskie84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N I U
(09-14-2011 02:27 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  I voted other because I am driving to Chicago from Central Ohio and staying at a hotel. My wife and I will either walk or take a cab (probably walk). I have zero sympathy for people who have bitched about ticket prices.

If you want NIU to become a legit FBS program, get out there and support your team!

+1 !!
04-rock
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2011 03:21 PM by DoubleHuskie84.)
09-14-2011 02:44 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
(09-14-2011 02:27 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  I voted other because I am driving to Chicago from Central Ohio and staying at a hotel. My wife and I will either walk or take a cab (probably walk). I have zero sympathy for people who have bitched about ticket prices.

04-rock
09-14-2011 03:14 PM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(09-14-2011 02:44 PM)DoubleHuskie84 Wrote:  

+1 !!
04-rock

+100 04-rock04-rock04-rock
09-14-2011 04:06 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
My son lives in Chicago so I'm leaving it up to him to figure out how we're getting to SF. It will be public transportation and or cab.
09-14-2011 04:08 PM
HuskieHussy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU, Da Bears
(09-14-2011 02:16 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  I will be taking the Union Pacific NW line from Harvard on Saturday. Much cheaper than driving since weekend passes are only 6 or 7 dollars I believe. The train from Harvard takes just under 2 hours, but a little booze will make it fly right by. Anyone else riding the train into Chicago?

I'll be on the same train with you, BM. we should should pregame together!
09-14-2011 05:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUGAHuskie Offline
1st String

Train, and probably walk to SF from Union station. It's a good hike, but I enjoy the exercise.
09-14-2011 05:34 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I'm going to guess you didn't graduate from the NIU College of Business. NIU screwed the pooch and severely misjudged the market with the ticket prices and the revenue agreement with Wisconsin. Wisconsin has no incentive to sell tickets. If this game is a "test" of supporting the program, then why even have a game? Why not just solicit donations for the IPF or HASF? For a family of four to go this game, it will be in the neighborhood of $400. I'd rather just write that check to fund the IPF instead of helping us break even on a failed attempt at scoring a big payday.
09-14-2011 05:35 PM
DoubleHuskie84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N I U
(09-14-2011 05:35 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  

I'm going to guess you didn't graduate from the NIU College of Business. NIU screwed the pooch and severely misjudged the market with the ticket prices and the revenue agreement with Wisconsin. Wisconsin has no incentive to sell tickets. If this game is a "test" of supporting the program, then why even have a game? Why not just solicit donations for the IPF or HASF? For a family of four to go this game, it will be in the neighborhood of $400. I'd rather just write that check to fund the IPF instead of helping us break even on a failed attempt at scoring a big payday.

Good idea. Why don't you start writing out that check.
09-14-2011 06:37 PM
Advertisement

HuskieHussy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU, Da Bears
(09-14-2011 05:34 PM)NIUGAHuskie Wrote:  Train, and probably walk to SF from Union station. It's a good hike, but I enjoy the exercise.

See, i'm gonna do what i did last SF game: ROLLERBLADE!!! lol, but no really, it's so fast to get by blading, i highly suggest it (just make sure your cooler has wheels)
09-14-2011 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU2010 Offline
Bench Warmer

I am taking the train out of Elburn and walking or taken a cab not sure yet I guess it depends how much I drink on the train04-cheers
09-14-2011 10:21 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

For those who have been paying attention, the criticism of the ticket prices is related to the fact that the less rabid fans, like many not on this message board, will not pay prices like that to see the game, and the proof is in the ticket sales numbers - not just the NIU fans are balking at it but the Wisconsin fans too.
09-14-2011 11:11 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
BTW, is there a shuttle bus, or other regular bus transportation, that goes from Union Station to Soldier Field and back?
09-14-2011 11:13 PM
NIU2010 Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-14-2011 11:13 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  BTW, is there a shuttle bus, or other regular bus transportation, that goes from Union Station to Soldier Field and back?
Yes I think so its called the museum campus #130 I am not sure on the hours but I used before going to the Field museum so you may wan to look into it.
09-14-2011 11:22 PM
Advertisement

NIU17 Offline
All American

(09-14-2011 05:35 PM)niubrad00 Wrote:  

Yikes! $400-now I'm hesitant to get the tickets. I was going to take my son and his friend. Would have been $210 for 3 upper level tix. Then I saw the family pack, so I can get 4 at $215 and we'll probably take another friend. Train downtown from Elgin for 4 - $35(not sure) Drinks and food at the game - $60-80. I won't be buying a lot of alcohol because of the kids being there, so that will save some money. But this will be $325-$350. Seeing NIU beat Wiscy - priceless! 04-cheers
09-14-2011 11:30 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-14-2011 06:54 PM)HuskieHussy Wrote:  
(09-14-2011 05:34 PM)NIUGAHuskie Wrote:  Train, and probably walk to SF from Union station. It's a good hike, but I enjoy the exercise.

See, i'm gonna do what i did last SF game: ROLLERBLADE!!! lol, but no really, it's so fast to get by blading, i highly suggest it (just make sure your cooler has wheels)

Where will you keep your rollerblades? I do not believe you can bring those into the stadium, can you?

I got a long list of items in the mail that you can't bring into the stadium. Hopefully, pacemakers are allowed, but I'm not sure about colostomy bags. It took me a long time to read the list of prohibited items. Thank God I did not see a pen!s pump on that list.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 08:05 AM by Dog Fan.)
09-15-2011 08:05 AM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

And if you drink enough you may time travel back to the station!
09-15-2011 08:29 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
(09-15-2011 08:05 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(09-14-2011 06:54 PM)HuskieHussy Wrote:  

Where will you keep your rollerblades? I do not believe you can bring those into the stadium, can you?
She has friends that will keep them safe.
09-15-2011 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.