Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OMG the Big East is BEING PROACTIVE!
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
OMG the Big East is BEING PROACTIVE!
Sign of the apocalypse:

Quote:For now, the potential movement does not appear likely to set off the immediate land grab that many feared. Jim Delany, the commissioner of the Big Ten, said Saturday that he did not expect his league to make a reactive move. The Atlantic Coast Conference has been very quiet. It is trying to keep its league together and not lose a team to the SEC if the SEC expands to 14.

A high-ranking college official did say Sunday that the Big East had reached out to multiple Big 12 universities and indicated, much as it did during the Texas-Pac-12 expansion talks last year, that the league would be interested in taking the universities if the Big 12 fell apart. The official said the Big East was not rooting for the demise of the Big 12, but opened up lines of communication in case it dissolved.

No indication that Marinatto himself is being proactive, of course. It's probably Jurich and Luck and Pernetti calling schools "on Mr Marinatto's behalf" since John already had his vacation booked for the weekend and, dammit, those Newport rentals just will not give you your deposit back no matter what.
09-05-2011 01:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: OMG the Big East is BEING PROACTIVE!
It just confirms what everyone expected, dude...
09-05-2011 07:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cards
OMG NO WAI
09-05-2011 09:56 AM
Ottoman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: syracuse
I hope we're not going to take them all. Only the good fits.
09-05-2011 10:09 AM
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(09-05-2011 10:09 AM)Ottoman Wrote:  I hope we're not going to take them all. Only the good fits.

The BE better grab what it can get if this latest movement goes to 16 team super conferences. If it does the ACC and the B-10 will definitely be pick off a few BE teams, and the SEC is rumored to be sniffing at WV.
05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 04-cheers
09-05-2011 10:30 AM
WVMntneer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
(09-05-2011 10:30 AM)panite Wrote:  
(09-05-2011 10:09 AM)Ottoman Wrote:  I hope we're not going to take them all. Only the good fits.

The BE better grab what it can get if this latest movement goes to 16 team super conferences. If it does the ACC and the B-10 will definitely be pick off a few BE teams, and the SEC is rumored to be sniffing at WV.
05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 04-cheers

According to Oliver Luck, if the SEC was offering there would be an IMMEDIATE conference with the Board of Directors and WVU President Clements. Luck stated that he would be driving directly to his neighbors house, Clements and a conference would be scheduled. No delays!
09-06-2011 09:20 AM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Here more...did not want to start another thread but from the NY Post in regards to Missouri, Kansas & K-State to the BIG EAST.

http://m.nypost.com/Page/Uuid/ba758498-d...432eb6d237
09-06-2011 09:35 AM
Advertisement

thatsnotgrass Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BEast!!!!
Pod 1
Syracuse
UConn
Providence
St. John's
Georgetown

Pod 2
Seton Hall
Rutgers
Villanova
Pittsburgh
WVU

Pod 3
ND
Marquette
DePaul
Louisville
Cincinatti

Pod 4
TCU
USF
Kansas
Kansas St.
Mizzou

Within the pod, everyone will have a home/home game each year = 8 games
Play 2 of the 3 pods every year = 10 games
18 total games.

Big East tournament = top 4 teams from each pod

I think it will keep everyone happy. Everyone cried about losing their rivalries but you basically keep your rivalries going and play some amazing basketball around. Especially when Kansas comes in. Lets see how Kansas does when they face a school every game that has a legit chance of going to the tournament.
09-06-2011 10:23 AM
krux Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisville
You could also divide it just a hair further.

Big East RED
Pod 1
Syracuse
UConn
Providence
St. John's
Georgetown

Pod 2
Seton Hall
Rutgers
Villanova
Pittsburgh
WVU

Big East BLUE
Pod 3
ND
Marquette
DePaul
Louisville
Cincinatti

Pod 4
TCU
USF
Kansas
Kansas St.
Mizzou

Every pod plays a home and home with themselves then 2 of the 3 other pods on a rotating basis with the exception of 1 "locked pod". So Pod 3 would always play Pod 4 and then one of Pod 1 and 2 on rotation. Pod 1 would always play Pod 2 and then one of Pod 3 and 4 on a rotating basis.

Overall Division Champs get a Double Bye
Pod Champs get a Bye
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 10:45 AM by krux.)
09-06-2011 10:45 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
I wonder what you do with the championship game? Yankee Staduim or home field of the highest ranked team? You know the BE would like to push the NYC angle

Jackson
09-06-2011 10:52 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(09-06-2011 10:52 AM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  I wonder what you do with the championship game? Yankee Staduim or home field of the highest ranked team? You know the BE would like to push the NYC angle

Jackson

That is a good question that I think we have brought it up here before.
I think you have to go with the highest ranked team and have a couple of tie breaker scenarios also. Traveling fans trying to get to NYC, and as an example you have USF vs. TCU...............an empty stadium would look silly.
09-06-2011 11:21 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I agree, SuperFly. NYC works if it's a regional northeastern conference. But it isn't, and never will be. So if we're going to pick one site, it should be somewhere in the middle. Either that, or give the highest ranked team the home field...
09-06-2011 11:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
krux Offline
Banned

Or you could set up 3 region sites. Yankee Stadium if its between a couple of NE schools. Lucas Oil if its between a couple of MW schools. Jerry World if its a couple of southern schools.
09-06-2011 11:43 AM
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(09-06-2011 11:43 AM)krux Wrote:  Or you could set up 3 region sites. Yankee Stadium if its between a couple of NE schools. Lucas Oil if its between a couple of MW schools. Jerry World if its a couple of southern schools.

Mean reserve 3 different stadium sites...for a game that may not be decided till the final game of the regular season...leaving said stadium(s) with just 6 days notice...and then leaving the 2 other stadiums with ZERO events to host on those same 6 days notice?

Yeah...I can see that happening....NOT.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 11:46 AM by KnightLight.)
09-06-2011 11:45 AM
krux Offline
Banned

(09-06-2011 11:45 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(09-06-2011 11:43 AM)krux Wrote:  Or you could set up 3 region sites. Yankee Stadium if its between a couple of NE schools. Lucas Oil if its between a couple of MW schools. Jerry World if its a couple of southern schools.

Mean reserve 3 different stadium sites...for a game that may not be decided till the final game of the regular season...leaving said stadium(s) with just 6 days notice...and then leaving the 2 other stadiums with ZERO events to host on those same 6 days notice?

Yeah...I can see that happening....NOT.

yeah perhaps not my most well thought out of posts...its been a long weekend fellas lol
09-06-2011 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.