Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chad Spann on IR with Hamstring injury
Bookmark and Share
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Chad Spann on IR with Hamstring injury
The Indianapolis Colts' post-cut roster shuffling has included claiming fullback Chris Gronkowski off waivers from Dallas.

To make room for Gronkowski on the 53-player roster, the team placed Chad Spann, a rookie running back out of North Central H.S., on the injured reserve list with a hamstring injury.
09-04-2011 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

17Huskies Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
RE: Chad Spann on IR with Hamstring injury
ugh, that's terrible.
09-05-2011 04:09 AM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I wonder when when that happened. Spann played late into the 4th Q of the Colts game Thursday night, and was on the field on the Colts game winning TD drive with under 3 mins to play. Makes you wonder if there is some game playing going on with their roster.
09-05-2011 08:10 AM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
He's not injured, they did it so no other team could claim him through waivers. He will be earning some very nice paychecks this year
09-05-2011 09:23 AM
cspann21 Offline
Water Engineer

Injured hammy in the first qtr vs. Cincy. Played through it. MRI looked much worse than he felt, but definitely a legitimate injury. More importantly, Huskies picked up right where they left off last season!
09-05-2011 09:46 AM
Advertisement

niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

(09-05-2011 09:46 AM)cspann21 Wrote:  Injured hammy in the first qtr vs. Cincy. Played through it. MRI looked much worse than he felt, but definitely a legitimate injury. More importantly, Huskies picked up right where they left off last season!

Thanks!
09-05-2011 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU17 Offline
All American

(09-05-2011 09:46 AM)cspann21 Wrote:  Injured hammy in the first qtr vs. Cincy. Played through it. MRI looked much worse than he felt, but definitely a legitimate injury. More importantly, Huskies picked up right where they left off last season!
Thanks for the real answer. Good luck to Chad, he is a great story walking on at NIU and making an NFL team. Everyone here is rooting for him. He was a huge part of one of the best teams in NIU history and hopefully this year will be even better!

Go Chad!
Go Huskies!
09-05-2011 10:20 AM
thetachihuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Chad is living his dream with his hometown Colts. Rest up, get well, and study that playbook!
09-05-2011 10:24 AM
foch41 Offline
1st String

Thats sweet as long as he's still allowed to be with the team n in the stadium n everything since his favorite team is the colts.
09-05-2011 02:12 PM
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-05-2011 02:12 PM)foch41 Wrote:  Thats sweet as long as he's still allowed to be with the team n in the stadium n everything since his favorite team is the colts.

I hope that his injury is not too bad, and if it is not, it seems to me that he would have been better off on the practice squad.

Once on IR you are not allowed to work out with the team for the rest of the season and you are not able to work with the practice squad. That seems like it could really set him back in competing for a spot next year.

Hopefully they are not giving him a raw deal. I do not know what if anything they have to pay him this season. I hope that he earns at least the league minimum.
09-05-2011 06:25 PM
cspann21 Offline
Water Engineer

Injury is not bad. Will play this year. In three weeks or so, he should pop up on a practice squad somewhere...possibly back with the Colts around the middle of the season.

(09-05-2011 06:25 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  
(09-05-2011 02:12 PM)foch41 Wrote:  Thats sweet as long as he's still allowed to be with the team n in the stadium n everything since his favorite team is the colts.

I hope that his injury is not too bad, and if it is not, it seems to me that he would have been better off on the practice squad.

Once on IR you are not allowed to work out with the team for the rest of the season and you are not able to work with the practice squad. That seems like it could really set him back in competing for a spot next year.

Hopefully they are not giving him a raw deal. I do not know what if anything they have to pay him this season. I hope that he earns at least the league minimum.
09-06-2011 11:55 AM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

How is that possible? I thought once u were placed on IR you couldn't return to practice or the ps, but you could be around the team. That's how I interpret the rule but I guess it could have changed.
09-06-2011 12:19 PM
kingbutter Offline
On A Roll

Folding@NCAAbbs
09-06-2011 12:29 PM
Advertisement

cspann21 Offline
Water Engineer

09-07-2011 08:13 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Interesting, I hope that Chad winds up on the Indy practice squad with a chance to make the team later this season or next. It would be fun to watch him play in the NFL and he is a guy that all NIU fans can be proud of.
09-07-2011 08:27 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

the only good part in all of that is he is off injured reserve.. That's the part that would have screwed him over for the year
09-07-2011 08:48 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Does he get the full rookie pay level or the practice squad rate?
09-07-2011 10:06 PM
Advertisement

numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

pretty sure its full rookie pay level if he's getting game checks.
09-07-2011 10:09 PM
yesman815 Offline
All American

He will get practice squad pay. The problem with this is they put him on IR and not on Practice Squad. You can always pull up Practice squad players. Usually if your on IR and not on the roster. You will get on practice squad or cut!
09-08-2011 07:16 AM
Huskie359 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU & SOX
Update on Span per Huskiewire...

http://www.huskiewire.com/articles/2011/.../index.xml

Quote:Spann visits NIU practice
Comments (No comments posted) | Add Comments
E-mail this story
Print this story
Comments
ShareFormer Northern Illinois running back Chad Spann was kept on the Indianapolis Colts' 53-man roster over the weekend. Then things got a little shaky.

Spann, who visited NIU practice Wednesday at Huskie Stadium, was soon put on injured reserve with a strained left hamstring. The injury occurred during the first quarter of the Colts final preseason game Sept. 1 against the Cincinnati Bengals. Spann finished the game, but he called the strain "pretty significant" on Wednesday.

Even more significant was the amount of injuries Indianapolis has dealt with during the preseason, including starting quarterback Peyton Manning.

Click link above for the rest of the article.
09-09-2011 09:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.