This is getting ridiculous ... Ron Paul website attacked during moneybomb
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
This is getting ridiculous ... Ron Paul website attacked during moneybomb
Just got this from Campaign HQ:

Quote:Dear Liberty Activist,

We thought it was bad when the media tried to ignore us to keep our message under wraps. But it just got worse.

Earlier this evening, a cyberattack was launched on our website – shutting us down and robbing us of the last few hours of our money bomb.

Boy, the establishment is more desperate than I thought. They don't even want our message to get out ON OUR OWN WEBSITE now!

We will not be silenced, and our money bomb will not be deterred.

Before the attack, we were VERY close to our $1.5 million goal - now we're at $1.49 million and counting.

We’re still working on restoring full functionality to the online store, but the rest of our website is back up and running.

And because of the time we lost toward reaching our goal, I'm announcing now that we'll be leaving the ticker up until Noon pacific tomorrow and extending the Ron Paul Birthday Money Bomb!

To further show the establishment that we’re more determined than ever to win this race, we’re also extending the goal to $1.75 million!

If you are having trouble donating, please try again tomorrow. Let me assure you that your data is safe.

If you already donated, thank you. And perhaps you'll wake up inspired to donate for Ron Paul 2012 one more time.

Our message will not be stopped. Our Revolution is gaining ground every day.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you’ll help us reach this new goal for the Ron Paul Birthday Money Bomb!

For Liberty,

John Tate
Campaign Manager
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2011 11:41 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
08-20-2011 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RE: This is getting ridiculous ... Ron Paul website attacked during moneybomb
Anybody want to put an over/under on how many weeks before the MSM does nothing but harp on the long debunked newsletters? I say maybe 3 weeks before that's the bulk of Ron Paul coverage for about a week.
08-20-2011 11:46 PM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
Over 1.5 million and it's only 11:00 Pacific. Site went down and the campaign still exceeded its goal. Not bad.
08-21-2011 12:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(08-20-2011 11:46 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Anybody want to put an over/under on how many weeks before the MSM does nothing but harp on the long debunked newsletters? I say maybe 3 weeks before that's the bulk of Ron Paul coverage for about a week.

What newsletters?

This is pretty serious and I hope not a trend of things to come. Watergate itself was small pickings compared to the damage that could be done through cyberattack. DDOS is bad enough, but imagine the harm that could be done if there was a disclosure of credit card numbers from such a website?
08-21-2011 02:32 PM
Advertisement

Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-21-2011 02:32 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(08-20-2011 11:46 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Anybody want to put an over/under on how many weeks before the MSM does nothing but harp on the long debunked newsletters? I say maybe 3 weeks before that's the bulk of Ron Paul coverage for about a week.

What newsletters?

This is pretty serious and I hope not a trend of things to come. Watergate itself was small pickings compared to the damage that could be done through cyberattack. DDOS is bad enough, but imagine the harm that could be done if there was a disclosure of credit card numbers from such a website?

The ones with racial undertones from around the early 90's. They'll try and make him out like a racist. Maybe get Ben Stein on the tube again and call him anti-semintic.
08-21-2011 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
If he can't protect his own website, how can he....

And what's with blaming this on the "establishment"????
08-22-2011 11:31 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(08-22-2011 11:31 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  And what's with blaming this on the "establishment"????

For real.
08-22-2011 11:32 AM
Advertisement

(08-22-2011 11:31 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  If he can't protect his own website, how can he....

Do I really need to rattle off the list of multi-billion dollar US federal government agencies which have been owned from a computer security standpoint? That might severely undercut your liberal take on government size and scaope.
08-22-2011 11:33 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(08-22-2011 11:31 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  If he can't protect his own website, how can he....

And what's with blaming this on the "establishment"????
Not sure why but I am thinking this whole thing is BS. If it was legit, I would go look at Fox.
08-22-2011 12:43 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Why when these mother f'ers do this crap to other websites, they are heroes (i.e. Shutting down sites that wouldn't support Wikileaks)? Now that they have done it to Paul they are terrorists? Sounds hypocritical to me.
08-22-2011 06:47 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(08-22-2011 11:33 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Do I really need to rattle off the list of multi-billion dollar US federal government agencies which have been owned from a computer security standpoint? That might severely undercut your liberal take on government size and scaope.

Sorry GTS, I forgot the 03-wink
08-23-2011 09:00 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(08-21-2011 02:45 PM)Dak10 Wrote:  
(08-20-2011 11:46 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  how many weeks before the MSM does nothing but harp on the long debunked newsletters?
What newsletters?
The ones with racial undertones from around the early 90's. They'll try and make him out like a racist. Maybe get Ben Stein on the tube again and call him anti-Semitic.
The "newsletters", refers to a time, I think going back to the 1980s, when Ron Paul allowed his name to be used in conjunction with a monthly subscriber-based newsletter that focused mainly on financial markets, but also included some overtly social/political comment. It does not appear that Ron Paul personally edited the newsletter, or even necessarily read every issue. I think he was paid a fee for permitting the newsletter the use of his name.

This turned out to be a foolish decision, as the parties involved published some articles that were extremely hostile against Jewish people. I do not believe for one minute that Ron Paul was personally aware of this, and if he had been aware of it, I am sure he would have put a stop to it. I do think he should have been more careful in minding the shop, if he was going to let his name be used with the newsletter. But anyway that is all a long, long time ago. I really don't believe Ron Paul's enemies are going to be able to make much political use out of that in 2011-2012.

That's a shame if Ben Stein has accused Ron Paul of anti-Semitism.
08-23-2011 09:34 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(08-23-2011 09:34 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(08-20-2011 11:46 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  how many weeks before the MSM does nothing but harp on the long debunked newsletters?
What newsletters?
The ones with racial undertones from around the early 90's. They'll try and make him out like a racist. Maybe get Ben Stein on the tube again and call him anti-Semitic.
The "newsletters", refers to a time, I think going back to the 1980s, when Ron Paul allowed his name to be used in conjunction with a monthly subscriber-based newsletter that focused mainly on financial markets, but also included some overtly social/political comment. It does not appear that Ron Paul personally edited the newsletter, or even necessarily read every issue. I think he was paid a fee for permitting the newsletter the use of his name.

This turned out to be a foolish decision, as the parties involved published some articles that were extremely hostile against Jewish people. I do not believe for one minute that Ron Paul was personally aware of this, and if he had been aware of it, I am sure he would have put a stop to it. I do think he should have been more careful in minding the shop, if he was going to let his name be used with the newsletter. But anyway that is all a long, long time ago. I really don't believe Ron Paul's enemies are going to be able to make much political use out of that in 2011-2012.

Yes..This has been hashed out years ago. Ron maintained he never had anything to do with the editing of that newsletter and rarely read it. He repeatedly said that the issues he read had none of that language in it and he was unaware of the problem. Still...You can almost make book that his nonsense will be dragged out again and there will be some morons that buy into it. People tend to believe any nonsense that they read or hear in media.
08-23-2011 09:39 AM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-23-2011 09:34 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
What newsletters?

On a Larry King interview. It's on YouTube somewhere I'm sure.
08-23-2011 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.