Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] ECU: UNDAUNTED
Bookmark and Share
UCFmike Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
[split] ECU: UNDAUNTED
Writing moral victory letters before getting whooped this year? Interesting strategy. Guess he has to do something to keep the 50k in their seats if ECU starts out 0-4.

Edit: Actually its pretty smart, ECU will already have a sold out stadium, why not start challenging fans to go ALL IN even if ECU has another down year? I retract the previous shot at ECU and applaud TH's forward thinking.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 04:36 PM by UCFmike.)
08-16-2011 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
RE: ECU: UNDAUNTED
(08-16-2011 04:34 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  Writing moral victory letters before getting whooped this year? Interesting strategy.

Dude...You totally missed the entire point. It really has nothing to do about on the field performance it is about continuing to build our fan base and growing our athletic department and letting people outside of ECU know what we have. Your snide remarks about everything ECU gets a little old and fankly makes you look like an ass. So why don't you just get over your obsession with flaming ECU.
08-16-2011 04:37 PM
UCFmike Offline
Special Teams

(08-16-2011 04:37 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(08-16-2011 04:34 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  Writing moral victory letters before getting whooped this year? Interesting strategy.

Dude...You totally missed the entire point. It really has nothing to do about on the field performance it is about continuing to build our fan base and growing our athletic department and letting people outside of ECU know what we have. Your snide remarks about everything ECU gets a little old and fankly makes you look like an ass. So why don't you just get over your obsession with flaming ECU.

check out my edit where I retract said statement.
08-16-2011 04:38 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

[php]
(08-16-2011 04:38 PM)UCFmike Wrote:  

Hardly...Your post is still clueless as hell and frankly you get on my nerves. A little smack talk and ribbing is fun but you take it over the top. Go back trough your posts and see how you flame ECU at very
chance....It gets a little old. If you can not see this for what it really is then that is your problem but it
has nothing to do with our upcoming football season. There is a clear PR plan at ECU to assist us in the near future by trying to get a consistent message out about ECU and trying to set the record straight on certain misconceptions about ECU.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 04:46 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
08-16-2011 04:41 PM
Bob the Knight Offline
2nd String

Looks like Terry got some tips from the UCFAA marketing dept.
08-16-2011 04:46 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(08-16-2011 04:46 PM)Bob the Knight Wrote:  Looks like Terry got some tips from the UCFAA marketing dept.

Not quite...Nothing like some patch, Knight-Gators, or Knight-Hurricanes...
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 04:53 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
08-16-2011 04:47 PM
Advertisement

Ned Low Offline
All American

(08-16-2011 04:41 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  [php]

Hardly...Your post is still clueless as hell and frankly you get on my nerves. A little smack talk and ribbing is fun but you take it over the top. Go back trough your posts and see how you flame ECU at very
chance....It gets a little old. If you can not see this for what it really is then that is your problem but it
has nothing to do with our upcoming football season. There is a clear PR plan at ECU to assist us in the near future by trying to get a consistent message out about ECU and trying to set the record straight on certain misconceptions about ECU.

Reminders for the folks in Disney Land: 8-2. Do you know what that is? It's our all-time record against UCF. 10,000. Do you know what that is? It's how much greater our attendance average is when compared to UCF, even though y'all make the argument that "more people care about our (pathetic) program because we are in a larger market. Liar? ...na, I will not go there. 9-2. Do you know what this represents? That's what your record will be against us after you visit Dowdy-Ficklen this fall.

Edit: I retract all of that. Good job, UCF. Maybe all in the Orlando area can be Gator-Knights, Seminole-Knights or even Pirate-Knights so that you can at least get to 90% capacity.

You brought this on yourself. Next time, think before you say something stupid.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 04:59 PM by Ned Low.)
08-16-2011 04:57 PM
WNC Pirate Offline
2nd String

(08-16-2011 04:57 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  
(08-16-2011 04:41 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  [php]

Reminders for the folks in Disney Land: 8-2. Do you know what that is? It's our all-time record against UCF. 10,000. Do you know what that is? It's how much greater our attendance average is when compared to UCF, even though y'all make the argument that "more people care about our (pathetic) program because we are in a larger market. Liar? ...na, I will not go there. 9-2. Do you know what this represents? That's what your record will be against us after you visit Dowdy-Ficklen this fall.

Edit: I retract all of that. Good job, UCF. Maybe all in the Orlando area can be Gator-Knights, Seminole-Knights or even Pirate-Knights so that you can at least get to 90% capacity.

Great post Ned!
08-16-2011 05:13 PM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
(08-16-2011 04:57 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  Reminders for the folks in Disney Land: 8-2. Do you know what that is? It's our all-time record against UCF.

10,000. Do you know what that is? It's how much greater our attendance average is when compared to UCF

9-2. Do you know what this represents? That's what your record will be against us after you visit Dowdy-Ficklen this fall.

If that mattered, at all, your AD wouldn't have sat there and taught a geography lesson on how many North Carolina cities it takes to make a Dallas.

You know who he was talking to, right?

All of those people who are strangely spouting off about what a great idea it would be to move that 2-8, -10,000 attendance mickey mouse school into a BCS league.
08-16-2011 05:51 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(08-16-2011 05:40 PM)st932253 Wrote:  Where can I send my check?

PS if you need to remind people you are a "Residential campus" then you sound like a commuter school.

Have any residential campuses ever referred to themselves as such?

Not really if you are talking to people that really do not have much knowledge of the University itself...You have to think about the targeted audience, many of these people do not have much 1st hand knowledge of the academic side of ECU. Your point makes no sense whatsoever. So because you say you are a residential university it makes it sound like you are a commuter school??? Does not make sense to me...
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 05:55 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
08-16-2011 05:53 PM
WNC Pirate Offline
2nd String

PS if you need to remind people you are a "Residential campus" then you sound like a commuter school.

I know that in NC there actually is a difference between residential and commuter schools. Residential schools don't cancel classes for weather events like snow and such. I found that out in a conversation with a department head when I was recruiting for my firm at a university here in the state. So there actually is a distinction based on a certain % of students living on campus. I know that has nothing to do with a PR video, but thought I might add that info.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 05:55 PM by WNC Pirate.)
08-16-2011 05:55 PM
Advertisement

BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
Always fun to sit down on my couch, pop some popcorn, and watch a good ole fashion UCF/ECU pissing match!!!
08-16-2011 05:56 PM
Ned Low Offline
All American

All of those people who are strangely spouting off about what a great idea it would be to move that 2-8, -10,000 attendance mickey mouse school into a BCS league.

[/quote]

You said it, not me.
08-16-2011 05:57 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(08-16-2011 05:51 PM)st932253 Wrote:  
(08-16-2011 04:57 PM)Ned Low Wrote:  Reminders for the folks in Disney Land: 8-2. Do you know what that is? It's our all-time record against UCF.

10,000. Do you know what that is? It's how much greater our attendance average is when compared to UCF

9-2. Do you know what this represents? That's what your record will be against us after you visit Dowdy-Ficklen this fall.

If that mattered, at all, your AD wouldn't have sat there and taught a geography lesson on how many North Carolina cities it takes to make a Dallas.

You know who he was talking to, right?

It is funny to see what fans are posting negative things about this??? Hmm, I wonder why.
08-16-2011 05:57 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

(08-16-2011 05:56 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  Always fun to sit down on my couch, pop some popcorn, and watch a good ole fashion UCF/ECU pissing match!!!

It gets very old....Every time something is posted about ECU some UCF fans come a flaming and the same goes for some ECU fans about anything UCF. I used to come to this board to get away from this mess....Now it is just as bad here.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 05:59 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
08-16-2011 05:59 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina

Not only did you miss the point, your also taking it out of context. He was simply stating the size of our University. As hard as it may be to believe many people couldn't tell you how many students most Universities have including the ones they pull for. I willing to bet there are lot of UCF fans that don't know how many full time residential students you have or ie (non-commuting or part time students). He was saying ECU has 28,000+ full time students.

True less than half live "on-campus" but thousands more live in apartments around Greenville and ECU busses even have many of them on their routes, Like North Campus Crossing and others, when you include those students that most would not consider "commuters". I would say ECU has nearly 20,000 student on-campus or
living in Greenville each and every year.

Way must you piss all over this thread. No one has said UCF isn't deserving of a AQ invite, why must you bash ECU and Terry Holland. As for Terry Holland, you do realize that he over saw the biggest growth both Facility wise and donation wise in the history of UVa., I'm no expert, but something tells me he knows what he is doing. People forget that he called it last year, the B-12 wasn't going to break-up then he said in his letter, that many bashed him for, that he wouldn't be surprised if a deal wasn't made to keep the B-12 togather maybe minus a team or two. Also, that at that time the BE wasn't looking to anything right away, again he was right they weighted almost 6 months then decided to expand. He said that we weren't first on the list and guess what, we weren't. He seems to think we have a good chance now and he sounds different, more selling and promoting. He knows ECU's greatest asset in it's fans and he is using them to great effect.
08-16-2011 06:23 PM
Advertisement

NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
(08-16-2011 05:59 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(08-16-2011 05:56 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  Always fun to sit down on my couch, pop some popcorn, and watch a good ole fashion UCF/ECU pissing match!!!

It gets very old....Every time something is posted about ECU some UCF fans come a flaming and the same goes for some ECU fans about anything UCF. I used to come to this board to get away from this mess....Now it is just as bad here.

+1. There were a couple of nice articles about UCF I would have made threads for, but I knew a pissing match was inevitable. I try to stay away from that sort of thing.
08-16-2011 06:39 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
And some people wonder why UCF fans have the reputation they do.

It isn't necessary to give opinion or snide remarks every time an ECU fan posts something.

Grow up. Seriously.
08-16-2011 06:42 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
lol... it looks like ECU fans are a liiiittle touchy today. Some UCF fans spray you in the face with a water gun, and everyone retaliates with nukes, so to speak. If these posts are enough to get everyones panties in a wad I really don't think they have any business being on a competitive internet football forum. I find it especially funny that one of the posters does the best internet apology I've ever seen but NO IT'S TOO LATE.

w/e.

Oh and it'll most certainly be 8-3 this year. Or 4-3 since conference alignment, as I prefer. It's a bit more of a relevant score.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011 06:49 PM by Kruciff.)
08-16-2011 06:44 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

(08-16-2011 06:44 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  Oh and it'll most certainly be 8-3 this year. Or 4-3 since conference alignment, as I prefer. It's a bit more of a relevant score.

Bring it! :ucf: 04-chairshot :ecu:
08-16-2011 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.