Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Penn ST is hammering USF
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Early in the second, Penn St is up 17-0. Wow.
09-03-2005 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Don't remind me. We have to go up to Happy Valley next week. :frown:
09-03-2005 03:51 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

USF is trying to make it respectable at halftime PSU 17-7.
09-03-2005 04:15 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

Man, I wish I could be watching this game. I surely didn't think PSU would put up 17 in the first half. I still say if USF can put up 27 they win. The stats at half time are very close.
09-03-2005 04:32 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Army56Mike Wrote:Man, I wish I could be watching this game. I surely didn't think PSU would put up 17 in the first half. I still say if USF can put up 27 they win. The stats at half time are very close.
Still 17-7 in the 4th. Our strength is our offense. It might have been Eastern Michigan, but UC has a strong running game, probably as strong a running game as we have had in years. If Grutza can pass the ball we can score some points. I think Penn State's initial surge on South Florida was more adrenaline early in the game then anything. South Florida fumbled the ball and let Penn State recover and run it into the endzone for a score to make it 10-0. that hurt, or it would be 10-7 right now.
09-03-2005 05:30 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Not surprised with USF, slightly disappointed with Rutgers (although their collapse didn't surprise me). I'm glad USF kept it reasonably close.

Pitt is the one that's REAL important to the league. If they lose it'll hurt worse than the other two combined.

Looks like PSU will make Grutza prove himself next week. Should be fun!
09-03-2005 05:49 PM
Advertisement

USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

23-13 with a couple of minutes left, usf missed a 2 point conversion to put them within 8, and just missed recovering the onside kick. i'm disappointed in the loss but our defense never quit, one penn st touchdown was a fumble return for td and another was setup by an interception return to the 10 yard line.

we've got some talent on offense but still no qb and our receivers are inconsistent. i think we forced 3 or 4 turnovers and couldn't convert any of them into points. penn st is beatable i wasn't impressed with their new spread offense or their freshman i doubt their record improves much this year especially with the big ten being as strong as it is this year, probably paterno's last year. good luck next week cinci.
09-03-2005 06:02 PM
bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

sounds like penn state of last year....a great defense and no offense....espn gameplan 12:00 next saturday...
09-03-2005 06:15 PM
army56mike Offline

As good as yesterday was, today is stinking it up. RU loses and now USF has a bad lose against a bad team. A couple black eyes for the conference. Don't worry guys, you can strap on the helmets next week and try again. I knew that if USF could have scored 27 they'd win. I'm not sure they'll score 27 points in any given game this season. You should have hired a good OC in the offseason.
09-03-2005 06:25 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

USF played ok. They certainly have some talent on both sides but their receivers need to catch some balls. Their defense is decent but gave up a huge run to the PSU RB. USF looked it belong on the same field as PSU. Then again, I dont think PSU is that good of a team but they do have some players.

I think USF is at least 1 year away.

That RU game just digusts me. I cant believe how suck their coach is and how bad they blew it in the end. UI is a HORRIBLE team. I am pretty damn sure most MAC teams beat UI right now. Somehow, someway they just find ways to lose games even though they are better probably at every position than UI. RU sucks badly and they need to get rid of that aweful coach.
09-03-2005 06:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

exactly the two losses are completely different. usf were 23 point underdogs starting a new qb in front of 109,000 plus, we actually overachieved. rutgers was favored, had an experienced team, was clearly the better of the two teams, were winning by 3 scores late in the game, and still lost. :bang:
09-03-2005 06:47 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

I actually think Penn State will be improved this year and will be a 6 or 7 win bowl team. That being said, South Florida hurt themselves more then Penn State beat them. They gave away 14 points. Cut down on the mistakes and we have a ball game. Grutza's feet is definitely going to be put to the fire, if the UC offense can cut down significantly on mistakes and make Penn State beat us instead of giving them freebies we'll have a chance. Definitely a nice test and learning experience for the young guys. 17 guys played their first Division I-A game for us last week, but we're deep and talented so anything can happen! :)
09-03-2005 06:59 PM
USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Dear Santa, all I want is an offensive coordinator, a QB, and some good WRs that can catch a ball. Might be a long year. We should beat FAMU, but if we lose to Central Florida, it will be doom.
09-03-2005 08:06 PM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights

[QUOTE]but if we lose to Central Florida, it will be doom. [QUOTE]

Why? You'd be losing to a team that doesn't look much better or much worse than USF. I think it has the makings of a good game.

If it's "doom" because of the streak you'd be ending...just put it behind you. We have. :)
09-03-2005 10:30 PM
army56mike Offline

I'm sorry, there is no way to take a moral victory away from losing to a mediocre team. USF has more pride than that.
09-03-2005 10:51 PM
USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Army56Mike Wrote:As good as yesterday was, today is stinking it up. RU loses and now USF has a bad lose against a bad team. A couple black eyes for the conference. Don't worry guys, you can strap on the helmets next week and try again. I knew that if USF could have scored 27 they'd win. I'm not sure they'll score 27 points in any given game this season. You should have hired a good OC in the offseason.
Ok, I agree about the OC to some extent. Rod Smith didnt really earn his promotion.

Pat Julmiste, last years starter and the player for most of this game, completed 58.3% of his passes with quite a few key drops. He did not throw that pick...his receiver tipped a catchable ball to psu.

We had some awful 1st quarter play...after that the teams looked very even.

And you've got to be nuts if you dont think we can put up 27+ on:

FAMU
UCF
Rutgers (heck illini could)

and several others. We played a little sloppy today and a top defense with a lot of returning starters capitalized.
09-03-2005 11:40 PM
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

Army56Mike Wrote:mediocre team.
Dude that is Penn "friggen" State and Joe "friggen" Paterno and 100,000 fans. Their record may not reflect it the last few years, but they still have elite players, a legend coach, and one of the biggest loudest crowds around. No shame in losing to them. That is Penn State.
09-04-2005 01:19 AM
army56mike Offline

Are you serious "Dude"? Like, Penn St., is "friggen" no good. A Big East team has no "friggen" business losing to them. Army and Navy have "friggen" tradition too, but they still "friggen" suck. Don't "friggen" bring up the past. Do you "friggen" get my "friggen" point "friggen"? No excuses! 05-nono
09-04-2005 06:25 AM
Von Lichtenstein Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

USF had a better QB then Penn St. PSU has no QB. USF has a pretty good defense but PSU has no offense. All they did was QB Draw the entire game.
09-04-2005 05:10 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

Cat's_Claw Wrote:I actually think Penn State will be improved this year and will be a 6 or 7 win bowl team. That being said, South Florida hurt themselves more then Penn State beat them. They gave away 14 points. Cut down on the mistakes and we have a ball game. Grutza's feet is definitely going to be put to the fire, if the UC offense can cut down significantly on mistakes and make Penn State beat us instead of giving them freebies we'll have a chance. Definitely a nice test and learning experience for the young guys. 17 guys played their first Division I-A game for us last week, but we're deep and talented so anything can happen! :)
I think USF's offensive line looked pretty good against PSU and USF has a big QB that did well.

I'd love for UC to have a chance against Penn St., but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

There will be over 100,000 there - just the second game for many UC players. UC looks smaller on the O-line than USF did to me.

I'm not expecting for UC to beat PSU, but I am encouraged by the offense, or lack thereof, that PSU had against USF.

UC needs to not worry if they get behind and keep the mistakes down.

After this analysis, however, my gut feel tells me the PSU will get their offense and gear and beat UC 31-10. UC is just too inexperienced right now.
09-04-2005 07:18 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.