Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Either the Cards are not as good as last year
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Their qb is really good. They may do a little better in the SEC this year.
09-04-2005 05:59 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

The Cards' secondary looked very suspect....
09-04-2005 06:01 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

To All: Remember...this is a rivalry and usually in rivalries...no matter how good one team is to the other, they are close....just look at some of the UC/XU bball games......X always plays us tough even when we have the superior team.....
09-04-2005 06:03 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

It's a combination of Kentucky having more talent and experience then they did last year, Louisville being a tad bit younger, especially at QB, and a million things to do with it being a RIVALRY game.
09-04-2005 06:03 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

i wouldn't worry too much about louisville, they were playing their first game, trying to break in a new secondary, in a rivalry game in hostile territory. give credit to kentucky for keeping it close, it could've very well have been a blowout, but they turned it into a good game and played with plenty of emotion. where was nate harris, i'm surprised sanders got the start in front of him. l-ville's d-line (unlike pitt last night) played well and louisville's offense was as good as advertised.
09-04-2005 06:22 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

LOL! Kentucky is calling themselves, essentially, the second best team in the Big East and better then Oregon State since they're saying they're the best team on Louisville's schedule. Wow, talk about living in your own dream world. . .
09-04-2005 06:25 PM
ctkatz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: colorado avs

i guess, if i were them and i had a horrible season last year, i spin everything i can to make myself feel better.

still doesn't change the fact that they still suck.

oh, well. louisville is 1-0 and right now that's all that really matters now. i would personally take a win by any margin and worry about getting better in 2 weeks. that's all anyone can ask for, just take it one week and one game at a time.

btw, it's 7:35 in the pm on september 4, 2005 and kentucky STILL sucks.
09-04-2005 06:36 PM
rjbest Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Big East Teams

It will not be as easy to win the BE as many predict. Cards will lose two BE conference games this year. Look what happened to Miami last year - after they beat FSU were they not the favorite in the ACC? Better football conference = some tough losses. NBE is a better football conference than the old CUSA. Cards need to play like they have something to prove!
09-04-2005 06:41 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

It was a young Cardinal team celebrating a win with still one half to play. I hope they learned from it! I am sure Coach Petrino will remind them often of the KY game. Nevertheless, we won and that is all that matters!
09-05-2005 10:21 AM
Advertisement

Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

rjbest Wrote:It will not be as easy to win the BE as many predict. Cards will lose two BE conference games this year. Look what happened to Miami last year - after they beat FSU were they not the favorite in the ACC? Better football conference = some tough losses. NBE is a better football conference than the old CUSA. Cards need to play like they have something to prove!
Agreed from top to bottom the NBE is better than CUSA; however, based on my experience with both leagues, there are three maybe four teams in CUSA that could compete for the title in the NBE this year - UAB (for sure), Memphis (if the defense is improved), USM (consistent year in and year out) and maybe UTEP (not sure - wait and see on this one).
09-05-2005 10:32 AM
USFBullSpit Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

After watching this weekend's results, I would say that the Bulls have a shot at the BE title. Memphis plays Ole Miss today, which should turn out to be an interesting game. Utep dominated NMSU. UAB looked good against Tenn. Right now, everyone besides Cuse has a shot at the BE title.
09-05-2005 10:47 AM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

USFBullSpit Wrote:After watching this weekend's results, I would say that the Bulls have a shot at the BE title. Memphis plays Ole Miss today, which should turn out to be an interesting game. Utep dominated NMSU. UAB looked good against Tenn. Right now, everyone besides Cuse has a shot at the BE title.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 04-drinky
09-05-2005 11:00 AM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

Don’t be fooled UofL’s 2nd Half performance.

Petrino played very conservative, thinking it would help Brohm in his first start. Our playbook is 10 times what you saw against the kitties.

There are concerns with our secondary, and teams with good wide receivers and a QB that can throw it down the field will be able to score some points against us, but our offense will keep getting better, and just like last year, you will have to outscore us to beat us.
09-05-2005 04:17 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

USFBullSpit Wrote:After watching this weekend's results, I would say that the Bulls have a shot at the BE title.  Memphis plays Ole Miss today, which should turn out to be an interesting game.  Utep dominated NMSU.  UAB looked good against Tenn.  Right now, everyone besides Cuse has a shot at the BE title.
Thats the same thing that was said last year, and we got a share of the BE title. I would say that we have a better chance than the Bulls. I am sure that as the season goes on, WV will show that they are a better team than Penn St. WV defense is every bit as good a s Penn St, and the offense will be better.
09-05-2005 04:25 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

rjbest Wrote:Cards will lose two BE conference games this year.
I still think I'd take that bet even after our poor 2nd half yesterday.
09-05-2005 05:08 PM
CardFANATIC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL, Neb,OM, EWU

Quote: The Cards' secondary looked very suspect....

thats putting it lightly....I thought the sharps looked lost.
09-06-2005 03:36 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Like I said in another post, UofL scored 28 points in their game last year and 28 points in a half this year. The coach actually called off the hounds in the second half to "protect his young quarterback" but I actually believe it was to protect his playbook. He didn't want to give future "worthy" opponents any good film to study. Instead of running out the clock the last few minutes, Louisville ran out the clock the second half. Bush did everything he was expected to do. The back up running back got 6+ yards a carry, and we haven't seen the freshman yet. Brohms the real deal, made all but one pass the first half. When he does show up for a whole game the balance will keep opposing defenses off balance. Stay tuned, it's only week one. 03-wink
09-06-2005 04:09 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.