Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
I could of sworn it was just week 1?
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Do we not have 10 more games left? At least I thought we did, first of all why are people putting so much stock into week 1 games. I will list the positives that I seen and I believe there are more positives that negatives.

First of all I will start with Pitt....I will cut them some slack for having a new coach and a new system. I do know that they need a running game badly!!!! Some team speed on defense would be nice, and receivers were dropping way to many passes. I'm sure the coaches have already pointed these things out, so lets hope pitt can get back on track. Plus I slept on Notre Dame, I guess Willingham did recruit some good players.

Rutgers I was impressed with there offense and especially the receivers. I think they got complacent when Illinois started making a run and they thought they could coast. The was my main beef in the Louisville vs KY game. Rutgers Showed me something though, if they can actually play consistent they will really be a good team.

UConn They were probably the best team out of the big east in week 1? They were certainly the most consistent, i know you played Buffalo but you can only go by what you see. I like UConn's backs, I put them right up there with WV's and Louisvilles possibly even better. I kind of doubted the running game of UConn but I am eating a little crow.

I can't comment on South Fla and Cincy because I didn't get the opportunity to actually watch those games...

WVU I love there defense plenty of team speed and some physical corners, this WVU team seems much more humble than last years underachieving team. Of course the O needs work but the D is always ahead of the O in the first game.

Syr Same as WVU I didn't know Syracuse's D-line was that good. I know coach robinson has a new scheme but it will take a couple of games before your players get acclimated to that west coast O. I thought your d-line came together after it looked like WVU was going to run all over you.

Louisville I know it was a rivarly game but man I've never seen a Bobby P team not play two halfs. I understand UK was pumped and hand nothing to lose but that is no excuse, we should have destroyed UK, yes they are improved but the talent differential between Louisville and Kentucky is not even close. It won't hurt to open the play book up a little. I was happy with both lines and the offense was moving the ball crisply in the first half and got complacent in the second ala Rutgers. Our secondary is fast but you can obviously see the inexperience with blown assignments. My only beef with Bobby P is playing so conservative, open the book up. I guess the only positive is the rest of the Big East teams haven't been exposed to the book yet. I feel good about the offense I'm not worried about them they will get rolling as they did last year. I'm more concerned with the MLB spot than the corners. UK has a new offensive coordinator this year and he went to the hurry up offense ala Memphis last year that kept our secondary guessing. While not happy with the second half I am happy we got game 1 out and we have bragging rights for a year.

We know every team in the conference has work to do but every team can improve and will. We still have 10 games left and a BCS bid. Sorry for the Length of the post but I see too many doom and gloom posts. Congrats to the winners in week 1 and we still have a whole season ahead.
09-05-2005 08:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

No need to apologize Cardphan. Your post makes a lot of sense, and I enjoyed reading it. 04-cheers
09-05-2005 10:09 PM
Find all posts by this user
CardinalEmpire.com Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

kardphan Wrote:Louisville I know it was a rivarly game but man I've never seen a Bobby P team not play two halfs.
So you just became a fan last season then? Perhaps you remember Memphis putting a beat-down on us in 2003?

I know what you mean, though. It was most disappointing in the fact that we played so well in the 2nd quarter and then just stayed in the locker room after halftime. We just seemed content to run the draw three time, punt, and then dare UK to come back and beat us. Hopefully Bobby realizes that plan isn't going to work against decent teams or even ones who are giving 100% effort.
09-06-2005 08:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.