Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2011 Non-Conference Schedule
Baker Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont
2011 Non-Conference Schedule
I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I'd like to see what rumors people are hearing. So far I have seen @ Duke before they leave for the Maui Invitational and of course @ Miami (OH) and Troy as the second part of a two year deal.

What else have people been hearing?
07-19-2011 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BluBare Offline
2nd String

RE: 2011 Non-Conference Schedule
(07-19-2011 02:23 PM)Baker Wrote:  I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I'd like to see what rumors people are hearing. So far I have seen @ Duke before they leave for the Maui Invitational and of course @ Miami (OH) and Troy as the second part of a two year deal.

I've heard @memphis, and then I think I heard they're going to Italy in August. The Duke game is a new one to me.
07-19-2011 08:57 PM
Baker Offline
Bench Warmer

I should say that the Duke game is hearsay. I would love to see the boys play at Cameron, but @ Memphis is also a pretty good fixture as well.
07-21-2011 09:34 AM
BluBare Offline
2nd String

I assume you mean before Duke leaves for the Maui and not Belmont? 03-wink Wish we could get into one of those type tourny's. This would be the year to do it.

(07-19-2011 02:23 PM)Baker Wrote:  I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I'd like to see what rumors people are hearing. So far I have seen @ Duke before they leave for the Maui Invitational and of course @ Miami (OH) and Troy as the second part of a two year deal.

07-22-2011 04:45 PM
Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

(07-22-2011 04:45 PM)BluBare Wrote:  I assume you mean before Duke leaves for the Maui and not Belmont? 03-wink Wish we could get into one of those type tourny's. This would be the year to do it.

At Austin Peay December 21 and AP at the Curb February 6
07-22-2011 04:56 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Have not seen dates yet but Coach Herrion at Marshall has stated that we have a H-H with Belmont.

What do Belmont fans think of this.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011 06:56 PM by HerdZoned.)
07-22-2011 06:54 PM
BluBare Offline
2nd String

(07-22-2011 06:54 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Have not seen dates yet but Coach Herrion at Marshall has stated that we have a H-H with Belmont.

I like it at first glance. Marshall had a good year last year, looks like they're bringing most everyone who contributed back and should be good again. Only 8 on the roster, I guess they don't have the incoming players listed yet? Both of us will likely be in the top 100 of the RPI which should be a good game for both of us. I doubt either of fan base will travel well to the other, still quite a haul from Huntington to Nashville.

Do he mention if both games are this year or just one game a year?
07-23-2011 12:50 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(07-23-2011 12:50 PM)BluBare Wrote:  
(07-22-2011 06:54 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  Have not seen dates yet but Coach Herrion at Marshall has stated that we have a H-H with Belmont.

I like it at first glance. Marshall had a good year last year, looks like they're bringing most everyone who contributed back and should be good again. Only 8 on the roster, I guess they don't have the incoming players listed yet? Both of us will likely be in the top 100 of the RPI which should be a good game for both of us. I doubt either of fan base will travel well to the other, still quite a haul from Huntington to Nashville.

Do he mention if both games are this year or just one game a year?

From the way he talked it was a H-H this year, not multiple year deal.

Here is some info from last year to this year

From last year our biggest losses were Tirell Baines and Johnny Thomas. They both played key roles last year in our 22-12 season. Other losses were Orlando Allen who grad., Aundra Williams who transfered to Valdosta State.

No starting line up as of yet but 3 should be:

SG DeAndre Kane- Kane was CUSA Freshman of the year last year and prob. the best player on the floor for us.
C Nigel Spikes- Spikes has taken 2 year to start to get the hang of being a college center, but he started to the hang of it at the end of last season.
PG Damier Pitts- Pitts has started for us since his Freshman year. He has great ball handling skills and passes well. Most nights he shoots lights out.

Here is our Bench players:

G/F Dago Pena- 2010 and 2011 CUSA 6th man of the year. Deadeye 3 point shooter.
SG Shaquille "Shaq" Johnson- Was a starter up until last year. Came off the bench last season and played better ball.
F Eladio Espinosa- Transfer from USF. Will sit the season out as a medical RS, Sprained and seperated shoulder last Dec in practice.
G Justin Howe- Only walk on left from last year, will only play in mop up duty.

What we have coming in:

C Yours Mlbo- Transfer from Marquette, ready to play.
PF Dennis Tinnon- JC, leader in blocks in the nation, 2nd in scoring in Juco in the nation.
SG Justin Coleman- Sat out last year and is ready to play. He was an ESPN 100 player.
SG Devince Boynkins- Freshman out of NC, 2nd in asst. in the state of NC.
F Jamir Hanner- Freshman out of NIA Prep in Philadelphia, 2nd in scoring and asst at NIA.
C JP Kambola- Freshman out of Ont. Canada.
PG Chris Martin- Freshman out of NJ. One of the better passers Ive ever seen.
PF Robert Goff- JC out of Kansas City, played at Oaklahoma in 08.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2011 03:58 PM by HerdZoned.)
07-23-2011 01:44 PM
Baker Offline
Bench Warmer

Belmont to play both Duke and Memphis in a four day span as part of the Maui Invitational! Great, great scheduling. I can't wait for these games!
08-04-2011 02:01 PM
Advertisement

BluBare Offline
2nd String

(08-04-2011 02:01 PM)Baker Wrote:  Belmont to play both Duke and Memphis in a four day span as part of the Maui Invitational! Great, great scheduling. I can't wait for these games!

Apparently we don't have a chance to go to Hawaii, but will have two more regional games at MTSU. Yes, certainly a great way to start the season. I could see the Duke game possibly being picked up for TV. There's a story line or two in that game.
08-04-2011 02:30 PM
Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

(08-04-2011 02:30 PM)BluBare Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 02:01 PM)Baker Wrote:  Belmont to play both Duke and Memphis in a four day span as part of the Maui Invitational! Great, great scheduling. I can't wait for these games!

Apparently we don't have a chance to go to Hawaii, but will have two more regional games at MTSU. Yes, certainly a great way to start the season. I could see the Duke game possibly being picked up for TV. There's a story line or two in that game.

Depending on the rest of our OOC schedule, we may finally have a much stronger schedule which will help our overall RPI.
08-05-2011 05:24 PM
Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

Looks like we may be playing Illinois, along with the already announced Duke and Memphis.

http://www.illinihq.com/sports/illini-sp...edule.html
08-15-2011 10:40 AM
Baker Offline
Bench Warmer

Excellent. I love to see us playing big name teams. I think we could go into Illinois and beat those guys. I am really looking forward to seeing how the boys play this week in Italy.
08-15-2011 01:54 PM
Advertisement

BluBare Offline
2nd String

(08-15-2011 10:40 AM)Bruin2002 Wrote:  Looks like we may be playing Illinois, along with the already announced Duke and Memphis.

http://www.illinihq.com/sports/illini-sp...edule.html

Am I missing something? It's very possible, but the article is from 2006 when we played IL and today they are looking back or "filling space" waiting for their new schedule to come out. Is there a link to something else that I missed?
08-15-2011 04:06 PM
Baker Offline
Bench Warmer

Ah, ah I see what they did here... They were looking at a historical thing from 2006. Got my hopes up, but nice catch there. I thought it might have been a really bad typo there.
08-15-2011 07:43 PM
BluBare Offline
2nd String

(08-15-2011 07:43 PM)Baker Wrote:  Ah, ah I see what they did here... They were looking at a historical thing from 2006. Got my hopes up, but nice catch there. I thought it might have been a really bad typo there.

I would be a bit surprised if there's not at least one other bcs game on the schedule. Although with a h/h with Marshall maybe not. They're not quite bcs but CUSA is pretty good and they are in the top 100 of the RPI.

I wonder if because the Duke and Memphis games are part of the EA tourny, will we receive our"'payday" or do we still need to schedule a couple of other "payday" games to help with the budget?
08-16-2011 12:21 PM
BluBare Offline
2nd String

Schedule is finally released. Nothing new from what has been discussed here previously except the addition of a home game against local naia school Trevecca. Guess they were the only school who would/could come play us during that time. That is also the school Alex Renfroe played for before coming to Belmont.

Wish the Marshall home game wasn't during the Christmas break. There's also a challenging stretch before Christmas with 5 games in 8 days mostly on the road.

(08-16-2011 12:21 PM)BluBare Wrote:  
(08-15-2011 07:43 PM)Baker Wrote:  Ah, ah I see what they did here... They were looking at a historical thing from 2006. Got my hopes up, but nice catch there. I thought it might have been a really bad typo there.

I would be a bit surprised if there's not at least one other bcs game on the schedule. Although with a h/h with Marshall maybe not. They're not quite bcs but CUSA is pretty good and they are in the top 100 of the RPI.

I wonder if because the Duke and Memphis games are part of the EA tourny, will we receive our"'payday" or do we still need to schedule a couple of other "payday" games to help with the budget?
09-08-2011 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.