Donators

What is going on here?
09-24-2005 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

I told Louisville fans that South Florida is dangerous. They're quick, fast, physical and experienced.
09-24-2005 07:03 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

21-0 South Florida. This is an @SS-WHIPPING, straight up!
09-24-2005 07:06 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Here's something strange, think about it. If Louisville loses then they'll probably slip to about 15th or 17th in the polls. And South Florida will slip into the Top 25. Is it good to have to middle ranked teams or one high ranked team in the conference. Of course, if this happens and West Virginia beats VT then the Big East would likely have 3 Top 25 teams, 2 in the Top 15. Interesting.
09-24-2005 07:08 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

I hope that the Cards can pull this one out. I dont know if USF will be able to beat miami. If they beat Louisville and then turn around and lose to Miami, Usf will not be in the top 25 very long. But If they do beat Louisville and Miami, thats a different story.

The Cards can score in bunches, really quick, so I am hoping that Petrino will make the right adjustments at halftime.
09-24-2005 07:13 PM
MegaCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

21-7 nearing half
09-24-2005 07:25 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

No flame, so don't shoot me, but how would USF be in the top 25?? They were beat by Penn State mate.
09-24-2005 07:26 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Penn St will probably make it into the top 25 this week. If USF beat Louisville, a top 10 team, that would make USF 3-1, which makes it very possible they would make it into the top 25. There are other teams with similar records in the top 25, and they got there for one good win.
09-24-2005 07:32 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

24-7 USF at halftime.

I thought USF looked pretty good against Penn St. but this is a bit of a surprise.

Louisville almost scored with 1 second left in the half.
09-24-2005 07:33 PM
St. Patrick Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:

What happened right before the half. I switched games after UL scored with a minute plus left, and saw that USF got a field goal.
09-24-2005 07:37 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

fsquid Wrote:No flame, so don't shoot me, but how would USF be in the top 25?? They were beat by Penn State mate.
Penn State is 4-0, 1-0 in the Big Ten, have been receiving Top 25 votes all year and will probably slip into the Top 25 this week. That is a quality loss.
09-24-2005 07:41 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

St. Patrick Eagle Wrote:What happened right before the half. I switched games after UL scored with a minute plus left, and saw that USF got a field goal.
Louisville let South Florida return the ball to about the 50 yard line, and then committed a penalty that pushed the ball into their territory.
09-24-2005 07:42 PM
USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

fsquid Wrote:No flame, so don't shoot me, but how would USF be in the top 25?? They were beat by Penn State mate.
Voter bias would keep us out...but OU being there in past weeks and others being there with losses now shows that the system is a bit unfair.

We need to beat both UL and miami to be top 25, though if we hold on vs UL we'll be in the ARV category.

Game's not over yet, but I'm greatly impressed so far. Of all the games I can't go to!!!!
09-24-2005 07:43 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Cat's_Claw Wrote:
St. Patrick Eagle Wrote:What happened right before the half. I switched games after UL scored with a minute plus left, and saw that USF got a field goal.
Louisville let South Florida return the ball to about the 50 yard line, and then committed a penalty that pushed the ball into their territory.
I think I would have kicked deep if I were Petrino. You don't want to give USF any reason to regain momentum. Now it's 17. UL has their work cut out for it.
09-24-2005 07:50 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

cuseroc Wrote:I hope that the Cards can pull this one out. I dont know if USF will be able to beat miami. If they beat Louisville and then turn around and lose to Miami, Usf will not be in the top 25 very long. But If they do beat Louisville and Miami, thats a different story.

The Cards can score in bunches, really quick, so I am hoping that Petrino will make the right adjustments at halftime.
Good point, though it would depend on what happens in the Miami game. Miami is likely going to move back into the Top 10 this week. If South Florida upsets Louisville and moves up high enough in the rankings (about #21 or so) and then lose a competitive game MAYBE they'll stay in the polls at about #24 or #25. This game is a LONG way from being over though, and Louisville has some serious firepower!
09-24-2005 07:52 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Lemmiwinks Wrote:
Cat's_Claw Wrote:
I think I would have kicked deep if I were Petrino. You don't want to give USF any reason to regain momentum. Now it's 17. UL has their work cut out for it.
Exactly. I think he was trying to steal a few points and some momentum and it backfired.
09-24-2005 07:53 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

Someone, please explain to me what happened that USF was able to get such a huge lead. Was there some fumbles or interceptions or something? Or did the Bulls just come out on fire?
09-24-2005 07:54 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Punt return touchdown, 31-7 South Florida! wow.
09-24-2005 07:55 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

cuseroc Wrote:Someone, please explain to me what happened that USF was able to get such a huge lead. Was there some fumbles or interceptions or something? Or did the Bulls just come out on fire?
South Florida is just moving the ball at will. Period. Nothing fancy, no self-destruction on Louisville part, just a good, ole fashioned butt-whipping. Nothing more, nothing less.
09-24-2005 07:56 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

Wow...Louisville is getting crushed!

USF was clearly a better choice than UCF despite the basketball disadvantage...they are playing well!

GO BULLS!

31-7
09-24-2005 07:58 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.