Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Non-Big 6 conference blog
Bookmark and Share
jeremywku2712 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WKU
I created a blog for college football talking only about the WAC, MAC, Sun Belt, MWC, CUSA, and independents of the world. I am a WKU guy but it is balanced between all schools as much as possible. The link is http://fboutpost.blogspot.com/

Thanks ahead of time for looking at the blog and any input on what is good, what could be better, and what you dont like would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
07-09-2011 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jeremywku2712 Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Non-Big 6 conference blog
Which WAC teams are top 10 in the non-big 6 poll? am i way off base?

http://fboutpost.blogspot.com/2011/07/no...eason.html
07-15-2011 02:12 PM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
What conference are Idaho and New Mexico State going to play in 2013, the Big Sky conference?
05-06-2012 12:35 AM
jeremywku2712 Offline
Water Engineer

The only reasonable scenario for either team would be to sneak into the Sun Belt (very unlikely especially with the history of New Mexico State and the Sun Belt). They may have to try to survive as independents at least for the 2013 season and maybe further. I could honestly see a new batch of teams out west jump up to FBS and form a new conference. Independent is the only real option if they want to stay at the FBS level next season.
05-08-2012 01:06 PM
Advertisement

jeremywku2712 Offline
Water Engineer

For anyone interested, I am doing team by team fall previews for all of the non-big 6 teams. I would love comments or any information from others on what they would like to see or not see.

http://fboutpost.blogspot.com/
05-16-2012 01:40 PM
1st String

I Root For:
Could Idaho State, Montana, Montana State, Portland State, and Sacramento State join the WAC now since geography works in their favor?
05-20-2012 03:33 AM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
(05-08-2012 01:06 PM)jeremywku2712 Wrote:  The only reasonable scenario for either team would be to sneak into the Sun Belt (very unlikely especially with the history of New Mexico State and the Sun Belt). They may have to try to survive as independents at least for the 2013 season and maybe further. I could honestly see a new batch of teams out west jump up to FBS and form a new conference. Independent is the only real option if they want to stay at the FBS level next season.

Tend to agree with you that their football may have to go independent in order to stay on the FBS level. The best they could hope for is for the Sun Belt to take them for f/b only.

Idaho & New Mexico St could then stay in the WAC with Denver and Seattle for all other sports. The WAC could add independent Cal St Bakersfield, plus Utah Valley and Texas Pan American from the Great West Conference or they could take all the Great West members as there are only two remaining schools (Chicago St and New Jersey Institute of Technology). Without the last 2 schools the new WAC would have 7 members and with them they would have 9 members. Chicago St and NJIT are a distance away but they are already traveling to play in the Great West. With them the WAC would have some exposure in the Chicago & New York/Northern NJ metropolitan area.

The WAC could also try to convince Boise to stay for b/b and Olympic sports but that possibility looks like it is fading fast. 03-hissyfit
05-20-2012 11:02 PM
Advertisement

jeremywku2712 Offline
Water Engineer

I just want to thank you all for being much more accepting of me than some of the other boards. I like talking different conferences but apparently some of the Conference USA posters thought that calling Conference USA teams part of the non-big 6 conference teams was going overboard because to them Conference USA and the SEC should be merged and Conference USA is just way too good to be considered a non-big 6 conference. I feel better getting that I got that off my chest.

I would enjoy seeing either Idaho or NMST in the Sun Belt in football only but it doesn't seem to fit the plans of the Sun Belt moving forward. The commish seems to want to put a foothold in the south east and Texas. I feel like the bubble is about to burst and things will get back to normal soon.

Finally, my last thought is with all of the defections from Conference USA and the questionable additions from a football standpoint, wouldnt it make sense for the MWC to take Idaho and NMST and fight with the MAC for the strongest of the non-big 6 conferences? Just a thought.
05-23-2012 06:03 PM
SubGod22 Offline
Average Joe

I Root For: Wichita
I don't think NMSU or Idaho bring much to the table in football do they? I'm a basketball guy and I know Idaho isn't a player there. NMSU could be. But I'm not sure that the MWC has much in the way of football anymore and believe they need to focus more on basketball personally. Or maybe selfishly as I'd love a couple of nonfootball invites to go out to Creighton and Wichita. Pair them up with UNLV and New Mexico and the top of the conference is pretty damn strong.

NMSU and Idaho's best bet is for the FCS invites to take place and save the WAC. If nothing else, it would buy them time to see if there are any other options really out there.
05-24-2012 11:25 AM
1st String

I Root For:
What could have been if Boise State and San Diego State in the Mountain West.

Western Athletic Conference
Idaho
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
New Mexico State
Portland State
Sacramento State
San Jose State
Utah State

Big Sky Conference
Cal Davis (football only)
Cal Poly (football only)
Central Washington
Eastern Washington
Humboldt State
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Southern Utah
Weber State
Western Oregon
Western Washington
11-15-2012 02:41 AM
Advertisement

1st String

I Root For:
The WAC is starting to look like Great West with their new additions.

WAC 2013
Cal State Bakersfield
Chicago State
Grand Canyon
Idaho
New Mexico State
Texas-Pan American
Utah Valley

Can you guys do better this?
12-07-2012 02:07 AM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
(12-07-2012 02:07 AM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  The WAC is starting to look like Great West with their new additions.

WAC 2013
Cal State Bakersfield
Chicago State
Grand Canyon
Idaho
New Mexico State
Texas-Pan American
Utah Valley

Can you guys do better this?

You left out Seattle. I know Denver is gone to the Horizon for 2013 but as far as I know, Seattle is still in.

So for 2013 the WAC will have members representing the states of Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Illinois, Texas and Utah. Is there a Div II school in Colorado that can move up to take the place of Denver?05-nono

Someone also mentioned having Texas A&M International moving up from Div II. They play in the Heartland Conference, are located in Laredo and have a large enrollment.
12-08-2012 11:59 AM
1st String

I Root For:
I am just surprised that Seattle hasn't gotten invite from the West Coast Conference yet.
I am glad that Chico State is in Division 2 and isn't going anywhere.
12-09-2012 12:31 AM
Advertisement

SubGod22 Offline
Average Joe

I Root For: Wichita
My understanding is Gonzaga won't allow Seattle to be in the WCC.
12-12-2012 11:13 AM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
Gonzaga is expressing interest in a non-football Big East, but I just don't see it being feasible to send your student athletes 6,000 miles round trip to play a basketball game or volleyball match. If Gonzaga somehow pulls that off, Seattle will be gone from the WAC. Denver could be in play if the Big East sets up a western quadrant.

If the hybrid Big East kicks the bucket, the football schools could in theory join the WAC to escape any issues regarding automatic bids in multiple sports. Only the new BCS contract would need to be amended to make the WAC part of the "Group of 5".
12-12-2012 09:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lolly Popp Offline
Magically Delicious

I Root For: Football
(12-08-2012 11:59 AM)RUfan03 Wrote:  So for 2013 the WAC will have members representing the states of Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Illinois, Texas and Utah. Is there a Div II school in Colorado that can move up to take the place of Denver? 05-nono

Someone also mentioned having Texas A&M International moving up from Div II. They play in the Heartland Conference, are located in Laredo and have a large enrollment.

I was the guy who mentioned TAMU International, which I heard from a guy I know out West, but he's not sure the school has the money to move up at this time. They might be a few years away and would need to add men's and women's indoor and outdoor track before making any move as well. Another suggestion I recently heard is a package of Metro State and Regis, which are non-football schools in a D2 football league, and both located near Denver.
12-15-2012 07:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.