Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
UCONN vs. South Carolina Super Regional
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
UCONN vs. South Carolina Super Regional
UCONN against defending champ South Carolina in the Super Regional. It is on ESPN 2 right now.

UCONN up 1-0 in the top of 1st.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 05:13 PM by SF Husky.)
06-11-2011 05:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: UCONN vs. South Carolina Super Regional
Go Huskies. Hopefully the season continues...
06-11-2011 05:19 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Matt Barnes struck out the side. The kid is dealing. Now I can see why he went so high on the MLB draft. The kid has ace material.
06-11-2011 05:20 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards
UConn hitting Roth hard, but we only have 1 so far.
06-11-2011 05:44 PM
Find all posts by this user
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
Good luck.

I really like getting a chance to watch South Carolina at home though, their facility is absolutely amazing.
06-11-2011 06:18 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

UCONN went down 5-1. 2 wild pitches and 1 error caused 3 runs. South Carolina pitcher Roth was awesome today. UCONN has to win tomorrow and Tuesday to stay alive.
06-11-2011 07:53 PM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(06-11-2011 06:18 PM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  Good luck.

I really like getting a chance to watch South Carolina at home though, their facility is absolutely amazing.

Live here in SC and have made the rounds watching College Baseball. USC has the nicest ballpark that I have ever seen on a college campus. The interior guts of the place, office, workout room, locker space, club level etc.. are flat out amazing.
06-11-2011 08:30 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Its really a shame the NCAA doesn't do something to make the sport more accesable to northern schools. I'd love to go to some games but most of the schedule is played in March/April. It can be chilly in WV at that time of the year, but not near what its like in Connecticut

Jackson
06-11-2011 08:44 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
This was a really bad year for attendance at northern schools. A ton of cold and wet days here in Cincinnati. If we didn't have field turf and a great drainage system, we would have had trouble getting many games in. Twice we had road games moved to our field because the opponents had grass fields and they were just too sloppy.

If I didn't cover the team and get to sit in the press box, I wouldn't have gone to more than probably 5 or 6 games this season. Instead I only missed 5 or 6 home games.
06-11-2011 09:01 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Good luck tomorrow. UConn has been fantastic in do-or-die elimination games in all sports this year, so winning this super-regional is still possible.
06-11-2011 11:58 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-11-2011 11:58 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Good luck tomorrow. UConn has been fantastic in do-or-die elimination games in all sports this year, so winning this super-regional is still possible.

I sure hope so. South Carolina pitcher today was lights out. Our pitcher did well but made couple of wild throws that resulted in 2 runs. Hopefully, our boys will come to play tomorrow in yet another away game.
06-12-2011 12:24 AM
Advertisement

panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(06-11-2011 08:30 PM)ShoreBuc Wrote:  

Live here in SC and have made the rounds watching College Baseball. USC has the nicest ballpark that I have ever seen on a college campus. The interior guts of the place, office, workout room, locker space, club level etc.. are flat out amazing.

The old Roost.
06-12-2011 12:30 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

For comparison sake (and to show how really nice it is), South Carolina's beautiful Carolina Stadium cost more than what Villanova was willing to spend to join the BCS Football ranks.

Its an amazing place...as it joins a long list of beautiful college ballparks at places like FSU, LSU, Texas, etc...

Here's a photo gallery below of the Gamecocks new $35 Million Baseball Stadium that opened in 2009:

Virtual Tour Photo Gallery

[Image: SCAR2.jpg]
06-12-2011 06:59 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(06-12-2011 06:59 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

For comparison sake (and to show how really nice it is), South Carolina's beautiful Carolina Stadium cost more than what Villanova was willing to spend to join the BCS Football ranks.

Its an amazing place...as it joins a long list of beautiful college ballparks at places like FSU, LSU, Texas, etc...

Here's a photo gallery below of the Gamecocks new $35 Million Baseball Stadium that opened in 2009:

Virtual Tour Photo Gallery

[Image: SCAR2.jpg]

$35 milion for a baseball stadium!!!!, since you are comparing it to Nova, isnt that almost the same that UCF spent for their football stadium?
06-12-2011 08:00 AM
Lonestar Lizard Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU - UT-Arl.
(06-11-2011 08:44 PM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  Its really a shame the NCAA doesn't do something to make the sport more accesable to northern schools. I'd love to go to some games but most of the schedule is played in March/April. It can be chilly in WV at that time of the year, but not near what its like in Connecticut

Jackson

Here is what the TCU baseball coach, Jim Schlossnagle has to say about college baseball and how to improve it. I agree with him 100%.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/06/02/...shing.html
06-12-2011 08:05 AM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

(06-12-2011 08:05 AM)Lonestar Lizard Wrote:  
(06-11-2011 08:44 PM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  Its really a shame the NCAA doesn't do something to make the sport more accesable to northern schools. I'd love to go to some games but most of the schedule is played in March/April. It can be chilly in WV at that time of the year, but not near what its like in Connecticut

Jackson

Here is what the TCU baseball coach, Jim Schlossnagle has to say about college baseball and how to improve it. I agree with him 100%.

The piece that IMO could play a huge role is a TV contract, if networks were willing to put up enough money for college baseball contracts so that a lot more schools would be turning a profit on baseball then I think you would see more ADs getting behind this.

I am kind of torn on it because moving the games into the summer would significantly affect attendance at some schools. TCU probably draws close to 1000 students at games, that is almost 25% of our attendance. I am sure some of the schools in true college towns such as Mississippi State would see even a more severe drop.

Of course, attendance at northern schools would increase significantly as they would be able to have more home games in good weather situations.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 08:17 AM by tcufrog86.)
06-12-2011 08:16 AM
Advertisement

justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
Nationwide summer baseball is a great idea. Didn't Delany already try to do that, though, and was shot down?
06-12-2011 10:33 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(06-12-2011 08:00 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  $35 milion for a baseball stadium!!!!, since you are comparing it to Nova, isnt that almost the same that UCF spent for their football stadium?

In the SEC, it's not uncommon. LSU spent $40 million on theirs.
06-12-2011 10:43 AM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

Arkansas' place is top notch as well. The original construction was almost $9MM in 1996 and they have added seating, more suites, and other amenities since then.

[Image: ARK-ASU-03.jpg]
06-12-2011 01:40 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(06-12-2011 08:16 AM)tcufrog86 Wrote:  
(06-12-2011 08:05 AM)Lonestar Lizard Wrote:  

Jackson

The piece that IMO could play a huge role is a TV contract, if networks were willing to put up enough money for college baseball contracts so that a lot more schools would be turning a profit on baseball then I think you would see more ADs getting behind this.

I am kind of torn on it because moving the games into the summer would significantly affect attendance at some schools. TCU probably draws close to 1000 students at games, that is almost 25% of our attendance. I am sure some of the schools in true college towns such as Mississippi State would see even a more severe drop.

Of course, attendance at northern schools would increase significantly as they would be able to have more home games in good weather situations.

I still wish they would consider making baseball a 2-season sport. Play the OOC games in late August - mid-October. And then start up conference play in April.

Cheers,
Neil
06-12-2011 01:43 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.