Louisville
ECU
USF
Notre Dame
DePaul
Marquette
Memphis
TCU
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 11:55 AM by army56mike.)
06-07-2011 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cinbinsportsfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Cheers To The New Big East
Wow. The basketball conference looks massive when you list it like that.
06-07-2011 11:56 AM
moron Offline
2nd String

I Root For: America
Adding two deadweight football programs? Not gonna happen.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 12:08 PM by moron.)
06-07-2011 12:05 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(06-07-2011 11:54 AM)army56mike Wrote:  THE BIG EAST FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
East
Syracuse
UConn
Rutgers
Villanova
ECU
USF
West
Pitt
WVU
Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
TCU

THE BIG EAST BASKETBALL CONFERENCE

Syracuse
UConn
Providence
St. John's
Seton Hall
Rutgers
Villanova
Pitt
WVU
Georgetown
Cincinnati
Louisville
ECU
USF
Notre Dame
DePaul
Marquette
Memphis
TCU

Looks great to me...Keeps the conference a little more regional. Oh how I wish it were true and the invites were going out tomorrow but unfortunately I just don't see it working out this way.
06-07-2011 12:58 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(06-07-2011 12:05 PM)moron Wrote:  Adding two deadweight football programs? Not gonna happen.

Its really not that bad as you may think. Bringing up Nova, and adding Temple and ECU best prepares the league for a split. The football schools are going to need baskeball money to keep up w/ the rest of the BCS conferences financially. Plus adding ECU as a football only, adding Memphis as an all sports and bringing up Villanova, we're looking at 12/18 scenario. And that makes alot more sense than 20 schools when your splitting up basketball revenue. None of the candidates out there makes 20 basketball teams worthwhile.
06-07-2011 01:14 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm a supporter of Memphis but, well, you know how that works. Houston All-Sports, Villanova moving up, East Carolina football-only.
06-07-2011 01:22 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

And actually I would like to see ECU added for everything but basketball.
06-07-2011 01:25 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I won't ever support Memphis as long as their football program is a joke. Until that changes, anyone mentioning Memphis is doing so knowing the Tigers stand NO CHANCE IN HELL at a BEast invite...
06-07-2011 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(06-07-2011 01:40 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I won't ever support Memphis as long as their football program is a joke. Until that changes, anyone mentioning Memphis is doing so knowing the Tigers stand NO CHANCE IN HELL at a BEast invite...

Which is exactly why I'm 100% for staying put unless its the dreaded football only. No schools other than Temple or Memphis bring enough bread on the basketball side. All the other schools bring some football value but not enough basketball value to justify a 20 team league.
06-07-2011 01:51 PM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-07-2011 01:40 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I won't ever support Memphis as long as their football program is a joke. Until that changes, anyone mentioning Memphis is doing so knowing the Tigers stand NO CHANCE IN HELL at a BEast invite...

I don't think anyone but a blinded Memphis fan would think Memphis has any chance.
06-07-2011 02:02 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Football drives the bus. And we want members that know what the bus looks like, and what it takes to fill the tank and drive...
06-07-2011 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(06-07-2011 03:02 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Football drives the bus. And we want members that know what the bus looks like, and what it takes to fill the tank and drive...

Damn skippy. Anyone that thinks ECU and UCF would not be competitive very quickly with the traditional BE powers has not been paying attention. Additionally, both would elevate their BB programs within a recruiting cycle to be competitive. I would not go out on a limb to predict ECU and UCF would challenge for titles quickly...but...they would not embarrass themselves.

Lets get this sh!t done already!!!!
06-07-2011 03:12 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
(06-07-2011 03:02 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Football drives the bus. And we want members that know what the bus looks like, and what it takes to fill the tank and drive...

Of course football drives the bus. But when our football is valued at roughly 6.75M and basketball is valued at 4.25M, schools must be able to bring in 11M somehow. If their football is worth 9M ad their hoops is worth 1M, it doesn't make sense adding them because we as a collective group loses money. Which is where football only's comes into play.
06-07-2011 03:22 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
Now reverse roles. If inventory is as valuable as people make it out to be(and I have my doubts on that). Then Memphis basketball worth possibly adds more money to the Big East's pocket. Regardless of how sh*tty they are on the field.
06-07-2011 03:31 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(06-07-2011 01:25 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  And actually I would like to see ECU added for everything but basketball.

It will never happen....We can not just leave our basketball program out like that. It would have to be all sports or football only. Also I do not see ECU accepting football only if other CUSA teams are given full membership.
06-07-2011 04:35 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(06-07-2011 03:22 PM)animus Wrote:  
Of course football drives the bus. But when our football is valued at roughly 6.75M and basketball is valued at 4.25M, schools must be able to bring in 11M somehow. If their football is worth 9M ad their hoops is worth 1M, it doesn't make sense adding them because we as a collective group loses money. Which is where football only's comes into play.
animus, consider this. The 8 football schools are worth roughly 6.75M, while 16 basketball schools are worth 4.25M. We could drop the non-football schools, raid the ACC to bring our numbers up to 12, and make more money with 12 than we ever made with 16 (since the ACC's TV contract will not be renegotiated, I think we could persuade a couple 3 schools to defect)...
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 07:48 PM by bitcruncher.)
06-07-2011 05:23 PM
Advertisement

1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(06-07-2011 05:23 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
animus, consider this. The 8 football schools are worth roughly 6.75M, while 16 basketball schools are worth 4.25M. We could drop the non-football schools, raid the ACC to bring our numbers up to 12, and make more money with 12 than we ever made with 16 (since the ACC's TV contract will not be renotiated, I think we could persuade a couple 3 schools to defect)...

Who would you get? Miami is doubtful. UVA, UNC, Duke, Wake, NCST, and Maryland won't split up. I doubt GT or Clemson would jump. VT won't be allowed to leave UVA. FSU is probably a no go.

So other than maybe BC, who?
06-07-2011 05:37 PM
West Is the Best Offline
All American

I Root For: C-USA

Football and TV market drives the bus. Not one without the other.
06-07-2011 05:57 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

Donators
animus, consider this. The 8 football schools are worth roughly 6.75M, while 16 basketball schools are worth 4.25M. We could drop the non-football schools, raid the ACC to bring our numbers up to 12, and make more money with 12 than we ever made with 16 (since the ACC's TV contract will not be renotiated, I think we could persuade a couple 3 schools to defect)...

Not sure if its that easy Bit. A lot of the basketball worth is due to crossover games between the basketball and all sports schools.

As for pursuing ACC schools, anything is possible in this crazy sports world.
06-07-2011 07:36 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(06-07-2011 05:37 PM)Sammy11 Wrote:  
Who would you get? Miami is doubtful. UVA, UNC, Duke, Wake, NCST, and Maryland won't split up. I doubt GT or Clemson would jump. VT won't be allowed to leave UVA. FSU is probably a no go.

So other than maybe BC, who?
If The BEast is able to get as much money - or much more - than the ACC with 9 members, I imagine a more than a few of the schools would be willing to talk about seeing what we could get with 12. After all, isn't EVERY school looking out for their own best interest, and screw the rest? Never say never, Sammy...
06-07-2011 07:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.