Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East Moratorium on Expansion
MrP3242 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.Cincinnati
Exclamation Big East Moratorium on Expansion
Dear Big East Football fans. Don't you think it is time to put a moratorium on the expansion talks about the Big East Conference. Let's put a temporary suspension on expansion talk until the summer of 2012. The college football TV deals have reached a new high standard. I have to believe the Big East management team and the 3 or 4 TV networks that are going to bid on the next Big East TV contract are hard at work. These folks are going to be spending a lot of time researching all kinds of data over the next Ten or twelve months. If the networks are going to offer the Big East Big Bucks for the next TV deal you know they will have all the TV ratings on all the schools that will be under consideration. So stop pimping your favorite school, stop sending in foolish speculation comments. The final decision is going to be based on hard facts. You don't spend that kind of money on a hunch or feelings.( It might be in the 300 million range ) Who gets added or how many schools get added or maybe nobody gets added. It is going to be driven by hard facts and data on TV ratings and how much each school would receive. Tks, Mr.P3242
06-06-2011 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
RE: Big East Moratorium on Expansion
bold request. it would be nice if it happened. i give it 2 days
06-06-2011 07:51 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(06-06-2011 07:51 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  bold request. it would be nice if it happened. i give it 2 days

You're always so generous. I'll give it 20 minutes. 03-lmfao

Cheers,
Neil
06-06-2011 07:57 PM
MrP3242 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.Cincinnati
(06-06-2011 07:57 PM)omnicarrier Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 07:51 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  bold request. it would be nice if it happened. i give it 2 days

You're always so generous. I'll give it 20 minutes. 03-lmfao

Cheers,
Neil

I was hoping for a few months. Mr.P3242
06-06-2011 09:09 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
I propose the BE expand to 12 teams immediately! There, that ended nicely
06-06-2011 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
superdeluxe Offline
1st String

I Root For: UW
(06-06-2011 07:25 PM)MrP3242 Wrote:  Dear Big East Football fans. Don't you think it is time to put a moratorium on the expansion talks about the Big East Conference. Let's put a temporary suspension on expansion talk until the summer of 2012. The college football TV deals have reached a new high standard. I have to believe the Big East management team and the 3 or 4 TV networks that are going to bid on the next Big East TV contract are hard at work. These folks are going to be spending a lot of time researching all kinds of data over the next Ten or twelve months. If the networks are going to offer the Big East Big Bucks for the next TV deal you know they will have all the TV ratings on all the schools that will be under consideration. So stop pimping your favorite school, stop sending in foolish speculation comments. The final decision is going to be based on hard facts. You don't spend that kind of money on a hunch or feelings.( It might be in the 300 million range ) Who gets added or how many schools get added or maybe nobody gets added. It is going to be driven by hard facts and data on TV ratings and how much each school would receive. Tks, Mr.P3242

Why put a stop to discussion? Besides its the off-season, and its not going to be 300 million.
06-06-2011 10:35 PM
Pir8Mike Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU
MrP,
If you desire to stop BE expansion threads, you could request a moderator lock this Conference Realignment board to prevent or delete any BE Expansion posts. I find most of your posts thoughtful and insightful, not so for this one. It is presumptuous to present your belief/scenario (no BE expansion til summer 2012), then to state your belief like it's a fact -- when it's only a premise based on your opinion for a moratorium. If you don't want to see any posts related to this subject, just do not read them.

I have my reasons to be confident the BE will expand by at least 1 team, WELL before summer 2012 (in a few months)--the BE knows the candidates, their markets, what each brings--they have expert industry advisors to guide them thru the existing relevant info. The BE will present a 9, 10 or 12 teams, to all network competitors and let the high bidder have the new contract, while the BE gets quite rich. They dont need any more input from the networks or many more studies, what they do need is a CONSENSUS or a decision--not easy for them. IMHO, they will go to 12, for reasons I stated in another post (1. competition raises TV deal revenue, 2. last good TV deal available for networks, 3. desire for PAC 12 $$, 4. value of new TV markets & 5. CCG). With all said & done, how about I say we have a moratorium AFTER July 12 and post whatever we can ASAP, before the impending rapture...03-shhhh
06-06-2011 10:39 PM
Advertisement

Cromie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU, ETSU
Not going to happen this board bring to many views and clicks a day
06-06-2011 10:41 PM
CougarMikeUH Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
I thought this was a conference realignment board...why get on here and call for an end to all conversations? You should just stop reading it...

(06-06-2011 10:41 PM)Cromie Wrote:  Not going to happen this board bring to many views and clicks a day
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 09:33 AM by CougarMikeUH.)
06-07-2011 09:33 AM
LSUtah Offline
1st String

I Root For: LSU
Sorry man, this site is my daily fix on all things possibly related to college football, particularly expansion. I'm like a crack addict waiting for the next "hit"...it's so bad I even keep up with possible WAC and Sub Belt expansion talk. Sad really what I have been reduced to after last summer...
06-07-2011 09:59 AM
Advertisement

nuftw Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Northwestern
(06-06-2011 07:25 PM)MrP3242 Wrote:  Dear Big East Football fans. Don't you think it is time to put a moratorium on the expansion talks about the Big East Conference. Let's put a temporary suspension on expansion talk until the summer of 2012. The college football TV deals have reached a new high standard. I have to believe the Big East management team and the 3 or 4 TV networks that are going to bid on the next Big East TV contract are hard at work. These folks are going to be spending a lot of time researching all kinds of data over the next Ten or twelve months. If the networks are going to offer the Big East Big Bucks for the next TV deal you know they will have all the TV ratings on all the schools that will be under consideration. So stop pimping your favorite school, stop sending in foolish speculation comments. The final decision is going to be based on hard facts. You don't spend that kind of money on a hunch or feelings.( It might be in the 300 million range ) Who gets added or how many schools get added or maybe nobody gets added. It is going to be driven by hard facts and data on TV ratings and how much each school would receive. Tks, Mr.P3242

I hate to pile on, but this is the Conference Realignment board. It's not even a sub-board of the Big East conference board anymore. If you don't want to talk conference realignment, of which the Big East plays a key role, then stick to the fairly active Big East board on this site.

If you want to say that the Big East board shouldn't discuss expansion at this time, you might have a better argument.
06-07-2011 11:49 AM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
(06-07-2011 09:33 AM)CougarMikeUH Wrote:  I thought this was a conference realignment board...why get on here and call for an end to all conversations? You should just stop reading it...

(06-06-2011 10:41 PM)Cromie Wrote:  Not going to happen this board bring to many views and clicks a day

that Obama clip is hilarious! Can you imagine if he actually did that after a press conference? 03-lmfao
06-07-2011 08:43 PM
cardshouse Offline
UofL 4 Playoff!

I Root For: UofL Cardinals
I will always talk/read expansion until it happens...The fans demand it!
06-15-2011 07:51 PM
Advertisement

mikeinsec127 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
I love reading about the all the realignment stuff, not just the BE. This board is the reason I keep coming back to this site.
06-16-2011 08:23 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Fresno St.
(06-16-2011 08:23 PM)mikeinsec127 Wrote:  I love reading about the all the realignment stuff, not just the BE. This board is the reason I keep coming back to this site.

we have a whole board having to do with realignment on all levels of college. collegesportsinfo.com Not as much traffic as here, but the most of the posters are more in tune with what's possible and what's not over there. Not just an agenda to get their school in a conf. they wanna be in.
06-16-2011 08:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.