Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
This thing could get real ugly for Ohio State
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
This thing could get real ugly for Ohio State
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6611808

No idea Pryor drove as many as multiple cars during his 3 years. NCAA is looking into 50 cars purchased by Ohio State players and friends.

I wonder if this is the main reason why Pryor dropped Rich Rod and Michigan for Ohio State during his recruitment.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011 03:54 AM by SF Husky.)
06-01-2011 03:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: This thing could get real ugly for Ohio State
Now SI is saying up to 28 Ohio State players sold memorabilia and some people are expecting Ohio State to be banned from postseason play for the next few years.
06-01-2011 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Man I respected Pryor as a high school player and wished he had a way to rewind time. But to go to the team meeting the other night in a brand new Nissan while having a suspended license just makes him look like a bigger ass. I'm sorry man, but when the heat is on you, you lay low.
06-01-2011 06:39 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(06-01-2011 05:55 AM)CatsClaw Wrote:  Now SI is saying up to 28 Ohio State players sold memorabilia and some people are expecting Ohio State to be banned from postseason play for the next few years.

If Ohio State does not get an SMU-style "death penalty" (and it's beginning to look like they should), then the NCAA really ought to come out and declare publicly that no school is ever going to get the death penalty, no matter what.
06-01-2011 06:45 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
(06-01-2011 06:45 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(06-01-2011 05:55 AM)CatsClaw Wrote:  Now SI is saying up to 28 Ohio State players sold memorabilia and some people are expecting Ohio State to be banned from postseason play for the next few years.

If Ohio State does not get an SMU-style "death penalty" (and it's beginning to look like they should), then the NCAA really ought to come out and declare publicly that no school is ever going to get the death penalty, no matter what.

sorry but I disagree. If OSU continues violating NCAA rules after sanctions/probation is handed out, then I'll agree with you. Right now they're facing a penalty slightly worse than what USC got.
06-01-2011 06:47 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

This supposedly dating back to 2002, their national championship season and includes favors, benefits, weed, likely contributing to underaged drinking and who knows what else. All while the coach covered it up, and it's obvious that if this has been going on for a decade that Mr Gee and friends had to know about it. How this isnt Lack of Institutional Control is beyond me.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011 07:02 AM by CatsClaw.)
06-01-2011 07:01 AM
Advertisement

Hokie4Skins Online
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
Here is the question: Is it possible to be perennial Top Five Program and not violate myriad of NCAA rules? The biggest sin here is the dreaded "failure to report." As the recruiting world has gotten smaller over the last decade with the explosion of Rivals.com and internet scouting, it's a lot harder to discover and then retain really good to elite kids. The national competition for some of these kids' signatures on NSD has gotten pretty crazy. That is why you see situations like this.
06-01-2011 07:15 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(06-01-2011 06:39 AM)animus Wrote:  Man I respected Pryor as a high school player and wished he had a way to rewind time. But to go to the team meeting the other night in a brand new Nissan while having a suspended license just makes him look like a bigger ass. I'm sorry man, but when the heat is on you, you lay low.

Not only that...but it was a brand new Nissan 350Z with DEALER TEMPORARY TAGS!!!

Now...maybe a family member bought it for him...but it seems clear that Pryor was able to use car dealerships as "rental car services" and basically pick up a "new car" whenever he wanted. (i.e. seems that every time Pryor got a traffic ticket over the last few years, he was driving a different car with temporary dealer tags).

Not ONE OSU Football/OSU Athletic Official, Coach, Asst Coach, Grad Asst, etc...ever noticed that Pryor kept showing up all the time in new/different cars and report it to the OSU compliance office so they could look at it?

Seems pretty obvious that almost ALL of them just "looked the other way...and its was accepted practice at OSU for star players to reap "star" benefits from area businesses, including car dealerships.
From ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id...r-and-cars
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011 08:35 AM by KnightLight.)
06-01-2011 08:32 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(06-01-2011 07:15 AM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  Here is the question: Is it possible to be perennial Top Five Program and not violate myriad of NCAA rules? The biggest sin here is the dreaded "failure to report." As the recruiting world has gotten smaller over the last decade with the explosion of Rivals.com and internet scouting, it's a lot harder to discover and then retain really good to elite kids. The national competition for some of these kids' signatures on NSD has gotten pretty crazy. That is why you see situations like this.

Top 5?

When you have maybe a Top 50 program like Mississippi State offering $180,000 to get a top recruit (who in turn REJECTS your offer for a seemingly better offer), if some Top 50 programs are going to that length to try and sign recruits...its obvious that some (maybe most) top teams are doing the same...or even worse, that we may not of just as yet (i.e. promising Pryor "free" new cars every few months, take any OSU Football Equipment you want...sign it...and trade it for Cash, free merchandise, expensive tattoos, etc...)
06-01-2011 08:38 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
tOSU has been dirty for years...I hope they take a nice long ride down.
06-01-2011 10:56 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(06-01-2011 08:38 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(06-01-2011 07:15 AM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  Here is the question: Is it possible to be perennial Top Five Program and not violate myriad of NCAA rules? The biggest sin here is the dreaded "failure to report." As the recruiting world has gotten smaller over the last decade with the explosion of Rivals.com and internet scouting, it's a lot harder to discover and then retain really good to elite kids. The national competition for some of these kids' signatures on NSD has gotten pretty crazy. That is why you see situations like this.

Top 5?

When you have maybe a Top 50 program like Mississippi State offering $180,000 to get a top recruit (who in turn REJECTS your offer for a seemingly better offer), if some Top 50 programs are going to that length to try and sign recruits...its obvious that some (maybe most) top teams are doing the same...or even worse, that we may not of just as yet (i.e. promising Pryor "free" new cars every few months, take any OSU Football Equipment you want...sign it...and trade it for Cash, free merchandise, expensive tattoos, etc...)

That's a good point. If Mississippi State is willing to give $180 grand for a recruit, exactly how much are the Alabamas, USCs, O$Us, Florida States, etc. willing to pay for top recruits.
06-01-2011 10:59 AM
Advertisement

Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
If all of this is true and documented, I sure will be disappointed from my Memphis perspective if they do not strip their NC from '02. However, this is "The Ohio State University" we are talking about here, not Ohio University (the better academic institution in Ohio) - they may not get what is due them.
06-01-2011 01:30 PM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
(06-01-2011 01:30 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  If all of this is true and documented, I sure will be disappointed from my Memphis perspective if they do not strip their NC from '02. However, this is "The Ohio State University" we are talking about here, not Ohio University (the better academic institution in Ohio) - they may not get what is due them.

03-lmfao

Would love to hear where you got that information.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011 02:54 PM by CD11.)
06-01-2011 02:49 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

(06-01-2011 02:49 PM)CD11 Wrote:  
(06-01-2011 01:30 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  If all of this is true and documented, I sure will be disappointed from my Memphis perspective if they do not strip their NC from '02. However, this is "The Ohio State University" we are talking about here, not Ohio University (the better academic institution in Ohio) - they may not get what is due them.

03-lmfao

Trying to rev up somebody, just did not know it would be a UC somebody.
06-01-2011 03:26 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-01-2011 03:26 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  
(06-01-2011 02:49 PM)CD11 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Trying to rev up somebody, just did not know it would be a UC somebody.
03-lmfao
06-01-2011 04:48 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I'm just glad Pryor didn't come to Morgantown, if that's what it took to get him...
06-01-2011 05:40 PM
Advertisement

thecomet89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
(06-01-2011 05:40 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I'm just glad Pryor didn't come to Morgantown, if that's what it took to get him...

true, this is getting really nasty.....id love for the ncaa to send a message and give "the" ohio state university the death penalty
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011 08:36 PM by bitcruncher.)
06-01-2011 06:59 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

(06-01-2011 06:59 PM)thecomet89 Wrote:  
(06-01-2011 05:40 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I'm just glad Pryor didn't come to Morgantown, if that's what it took to get him...

true, this is getting really nasty.....id love for the ncaa to send a message and give "the" ohio state university the death penalty

Isn't going to happen, but they can make it difficult for them for 3-4 years. This will give Michigan time to right the recent trend.
06-02-2011 03:14 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Then again, Michigan could remain bad for a while. Brady Hoke is going to run a pro-set offense with players tailored to RR's offense...
06-02-2011 03:34 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

(06-02-2011 03:34 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Then again, Michigan could remain bad for a while. Brady Hoke is going to run a pro-set offense with players tailored to RR's offense...

Could be right; they needed to give RRod 1-2 more years. So many just could not stomach his antics.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2011 06:25 PM by Tigeer.)
06-02-2011 06:25 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.