Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Commitment: Delbert Love, 5'11" guard
Bookmark and Share
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
Commitment: Delbert Love, 5'11" guard
I've heard via twitter that you all landed a commitment from Delbert Love out of Lakewood, OH.

Here's ESPN's insider analysis:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...lbert-love
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011 10:23 AM by Bucfaithful.)
05-19-2011 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
RE: Commitment: Delbert Love, 5'11" guard
Some high remarks out there for Love. Don't know much, but WELCOME!
05-19-2011 10:35 AM
kennesaw.owls Offline
Water Engineer

(05-19-2011 10:21 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  I've heard via twitter that you all landed a commitment from Delbert Love out of Lakewood, OH.

Here's ESPN's insider analysis:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...lbert-love

That isn't bad this late. With tha signing, does that mean Dixon is gone?
05-19-2011 11:20 AM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/ne...-newswatch

Looks like it's legit. We were the only school down south he was picking from. I like this pickup. If the news about Spencer is true maybe this guy can come in and play right away.
05-19-2011 06:45 PM
1st String

He can stroke it. Says in his recruiting profile that he needs work on his left hand, so that isn't necessarily promising as a PG, but he seems like a good late pickup. We don't have a shooter on this team to be honest (Kelvin was our best bet last year and was a complete liability on defense). Love fills a definite need. Hope he works hard this summer and comes ready to challenge for playing time.
05-20-2011 08:17 AM
Goodbye Kelvin! Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KSU
(05-20-2011 08:17 AM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  He can stroke it. Says in his recruiting profile that he needs work on his left hand, so that isn't necessarily promising as a PG, but he seems like a good late pickup. We don't have a shooter on this team to be honest (Kelvin was our best bet last year and was a complete liability on defense). Love fills a definite need. Hope he works hard this summer and comes ready to challenge for playing time.

Nice Jab Kennesaw basketball. Let me ask you this: How can the leader in taking charges be a complete liability on defense?

I thought you knew basketball. And more food for thought: How can you get on here as the moderator and constantly say, "be nice" but post a public statement like that?

Totally classless.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011 05:41 PM by Goodbye Kelvin!.)
05-20-2011 05:28 PM
Advertisement

Goldfinger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Restoration
Am I missing something? What Jab?
05-21-2011 01:42 AM
Goodbye Kelvin! Offline
Water Engineer

(05-21-2011 01:42 AM)Goldfinger Wrote:  Am I missing something? What Jab?

The equivalent of you getting on here and saying Pigram is an alcoholic?
05-21-2011 07:21 AM
1st String

Saying that Kelvin was a liability on defense is a jab? I loved Kelvin, but it was the truth. Is it a jab to say that Ronell Wooten couldn't dribble with his left hand very well? What about saying that Spencer Dixon is/was a streaky shooter? Is it a jab to say that Markeith is a below average three point shooter? Kelvin was a great representative of our university, played his guts out every night, and gave us 4 great years of basketball - but that doesn't mean he didn't have faults as a player.

We have to be realistic gentlemen. I was not taking a jab at Kelvin, just stating the obvious. He was a below average defense player. He was a WAY above average shooter and a decent ballhandler. Those were his strengths and weaknesses. To ignore that is to live in lala-land. Come back to reality Goodbye. I was not taking any potshots.
05-21-2011 08:50 AM
1st String

Would also like to add that in an era of kennesaw basketball in which we saw several of our players suspended for academic problems, Kelvin from what I know never had a problem. He did everything he could for our program, and I am glad that we had him. You can be a huge fan, and still be very objective. Dwight Howard has no offensive game outside of 8 feet - that doesn't mean that I am not a fan, and it doesn't mean that he isn't a great player...but it would be lunacy to not recognize his game for what it is. All players have flaws. Kelvin's flaw just happened to be defense. It doesn't mean that he was lazy, or didn't try - just that it wasn't a strength. Goodbye...are you denying that McConnell had any weaknesses?
05-21-2011 10:51 AM
kennesaw.owls Offline
Water Engineer

(05-21-2011 10:51 AM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  Would also like to add that in an era of kennesaw basketball in which we saw several of our players suspended for academic problems, Kelvin from what I know never had a problem. He did everything he could for our program, and I am glad that we had him. You can be a huge fan, and still be very objective. Dwight Howard has no offensive game outside of 8 feet - that doesn't mean that I am not a fan, and it doesn't mean that he isn't a great player...but it would be lunacy to not recognize his game for what it is. All players have flaws. Kelvin's flaw just happened to be defense. It doesn't mean that he was lazy, or didn't try - just that it wasn't a strength. Goodbye...are you denying that McConnell had any weaknesses?

Think you hit a nerve with kb!

Please dont ever put anything in or on this KSU board with the words Dwight Howard in them. Hardly apples to apples.

Klevin was not a good defender. But i agree did try.

But hell they shouldn't get credit for trying. That should be expected! They are Div I college basketball players.

What about the OTHER kid from Arizona Sabich. He can shoot it. What is his problem Lord of Lords, KB??
05-21-2011 11:30 AM
Advertisement

1st String

Lord of Lords? A bit overblown .owls...I am not sure what to think about Sabic. You say he can shoot it but he only shot 32% from three from the year. That is not exactly lighting it up. Sabic needs to get quicker, and get better with the ball. He has a strong body, and is supposed to be a very good shooter, but I haven't seen it yet. I would love for him to be a 6'4" GF shooter, but I just haven't seen enough of him (only averaged 5 min a game) to make a firm conclusion.

What do you think?
05-21-2011 12:24 PM
adamsputnik Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: KSU, UGA, GFC
Folks are getting a bit precious around here, methinks.
05-21-2011 07:02 PM
Goodbye Kelvin! Offline
Water Engineer

(05-21-2011 10:51 AM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  Would also like to add that in an era of kennesaw basketball in which we saw several of our players suspended for academic problems, Kelvin from what I know never had a problem. He did everything he could for our program, and I am glad that we had him. You can be a huge fan, and still be very objective. Dwight Howard has no offensive game outside of 8 feet - that doesn't mean that I am not a fan, and it doesn't mean that he isn't a great player...but it would be lunacy to not recognize his game for what it is. All players have flaws. Kelvin's flaw just happened to be defense. It doesn't mean that he was lazy, or didn't try - just that it wasn't a strength. Goodbye...are you denying that McConnell had any weaknesses?

Now hear this ... not DENYING anything, just observing you talking out of both sides of your neck.

ANYONE who gets on here and talks about Ingle in your book - is a jerk and you let them know it, QUICKLY ... to the point where you threaten to ban them.

As the Kennesaw basketball "Moderator", I am seeing a double standard. There are a lot of things that are true, but as the "moderator" they shouldn't be spoken by you, especially in a forum like this.
05-21-2011 09:54 PM
1st String

I have an opinion of my own...sorry for having one. I Never threatened to ban anyone for having an opinion about one's performance. Will edit if there are personal attacks (such as when someone called Ingle "slack jawed" for having a facial deformity as a child). Explain in detail how I am talking out of both sides of my mouth.

Did Kelvin have weaknesses as a player? Yes or No?

If he did have a weakness what was it? Shooting? Ball Handling? Defense?

You tell me...I would like to hear your opinion.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011 06:46 AM by KennesawBasketball.)
05-22-2011 06:45 AM
Goldfinger Offline
Banned

"slack-jawed" could be construed as a term of endearment
05-22-2011 07:01 AM
Advertisement

Goodbye Kelvin! Offline
Water Engineer

(05-22-2011 06:45 AM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  I have an opinion of my own...sorry for having one. I Never threatened to ban anyone for having an opinion about one's performance. Will edit if there are personal attacks (such as when someone called Ingle "slack jawed" for having a facial deformity as a child). Explain in detail how I am talking out of both sides of my mouth.

Did Kelvin have weaknesses as a player? Yes or No?

If he did have a weakness what was it? Shooting? Ball Handling? Defense?

You tell me...I would like to hear your opinion.

You are missing the point (Is that intentional?). The point is (one more time) as a "Moderator" your job is to "Moderate" maybe, and not bash? Maybe I am under the wrong impression that I "moderator" for each school's forum is supposed to represent their school, not to give random, poor taste, comments?

Do you have weaknesses? I thought so.
Do you think you can take this player one on one since he is so weak on defense?

You tell me. I would like to hear your excuse.
05-22-2011 07:19 AM
1st String

Moderators are allowed to be fans. I certainly have weaknesses...pointing out on of Kelvin's is not a fault of mine however. You have mistaken my role as moderator. I am allowed to be a fan in its fullest sense . If you see me as someone who is supposed to be an impartial judge then you are mistaken. I am moderator of the Kennesaw section of these boards because I one of the first people here and because I have shown myself committed to good healthy discussion on these boards.

We have a good example here. You are asking me to promote unhealthy discussion. It is unhealthy to not be able to discuss the weaknesses of our players. Our players and coaches have weaknesses. They also have strengths. It would be unhealthy for me to not promote the discussion of both their strengths and weaknesses in a cordial manner.

If you were under the impression that it was my job to NOT have an opinion then you are mistaken. That is not a requirement of being a moderator.

Please quote the comment I made that was random and in poor taste. I would like to straighten this out and move on from it. I have answered your question directly and fully. Your comment about if I think I can take the player one on one is ridiculous. You are not required to be a great basketball player to have an opinion about basketball. I have plenty of weaknesses...if I played for Kennesaw State then I am sure there would be plenty of discussion about them :). In fact I imagine that most of the Kennesaw fans would post about how bad I sucked and how old and slow I was on the court if I actually played. And it would be proper for them to do so, because they would be recognizing reality.

I will reiterate. I loved Kelvin as a player and a representative of our university, but it would not be in good conscience to proclaim that he was a faultless player.
05-22-2011 07:46 AM
Goldfinger Offline
Banned

I have yet to see a faultless player. That includes Jonathan Rodriguez, btw.
05-22-2011 07:51 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
(05-22-2011 07:51 AM)Goldfinger Wrote:  I have yet to see a faultless player. That includes Jonathan Rodriguez, btw.

The GOAT of Atlantic Sun basketball
05-22-2011 05:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.