Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Records we might see next year
Bookmark and Share
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Records we might see next year
After last year's onslaught against the record books, this year may seem sort of tame. Still, there are a few to watch.

First, and most importantly, is Steve's move into the record for career coaching wins.

Courtney could quietly get a couple of marks on the all-time lists. He has 375 career rebounds, and 542 would make the list. He would need to average 5.6 for 30 games to do it.

Also, Courtney has played in 89 games as a Trojan. The all-time record is 120 by Myron Jackson. If he stays healthy, Courtney stands a good chance of at least matching that.
05-10-2011 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

RE: Records we might see next year
It will be sharp if Courtney could get the all-time Games Played record. Nice kid, solid player, hard worker.
05-13-2011 09:48 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(05-13-2011 09:48 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  It will be sharp if Courtney could get the all-time Games Played record. Nice kid, solid player, hard worker.

Seems like everyone is forgetting about Courtney. I think he can have a really good senior season. He was the 13th best player in Texas his senior year in high school. If he is not a factor, on next year's team, than we have really upgraded our talent level.
05-14-2011 01:09 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I had predicted he'd be as good a college player as Shane Edwards before he was through, and that's probably not going to happen, but in all fairness, he's had injuries that prevented him from reaching his potential. Maybe he'll have a healthy knee this year, and if that happens he could certainly have a solid season. Maybe not a Shane Edwards season, but a good one. He is a solid kid and will represent the university well, not only on the court, but after graduation. We can always use a Courtney Jackson type in our program.
05-14-2011 07:48 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

If he can average 8 ppg and 5 rpg with the added depth we expect to have at post, it will have been a good year for him - and for us.
05-15-2011 01:11 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't believe he'll get enough playing time to accomplish these goals. Not with the depth we have at that position now. But that remains to be seen.
05-16-2011 08:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.